G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 sedan vs. coupe

Old 01-29-2004, 12:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 sedan vs. coupe

Hi i'm a newbie.

I have to decide between a coupe and seden relatively soon.

Here's my question:

Is it possible that the sedan is faster than the coupe?
I read somewhere that the sedan does 0-60 in 5.7 secs,
and i read elsewhere that the Coupe does is in 6.0 secs?

Is this possible?

Old 01-29-2004, 12:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: G35 sedan vs. coupe

Yes, mainly due to weight.

Old 01-29-2004, 12:29 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

The same thread in the coupe forum has pretty much wrapped up what your asking, why your posting for more info here is kinda puzzling. Perhaps your really looking at other issues beside the thread topic, would be easier to ask those then a question that's already been answered.

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

G35 6mt

Old 01-29-2004, 01:27 PM

Ceeze, the one question you need to ask yourself...do you have children or will you be carting adults around...if so, go for the Sedan. I currently have a 3000GT (I am waiting for my G to arrive) and you can't put an adult or 2 kids in the back of my car...I am making due, but it's really tough, knowing that if you have kids in the back then you can't put an adult in the front. Would the G coupe owners agree with me about this?

Old 01-29-2004, 01:54 PM
Premier Member

I agree totally. Both cars are terrific and both cars serve different purposes. Gorget the sedan/coupe dilemma about power and speed, they're almost identical. Get the car that best fits your needs.

Old 01-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It may be that you're posting on both forums to try to get a more balanced (un-biased) view point.

Both cars are more similar than different in terms of performance. The major differences would be in terms of styling and practicality. Also, since the coupe has different wheel/tire options, that might be a factor as well.

<font color=green>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=green>

Old 01-29-2004, 03:55 PM

Sorry for posting on both forums. I was under the impression that sedan and coupe drivers would only participate in their appropriate forum.

My situation is the following: I am in my 20's, no kids, just me and the occasional girlfriend.

My first choice between the sedan and the coupe, is infact the coupe.

However, i will be putting many kilometers on the car, possibly over 20,000 a year. Also, i will be using the car during the winter.

My issue is the following. I view the g35 coupe as an all out sports car. Many people who buy this car only use it on weekends and in the summer seasons, basically babying their car.

I feel that i would be damaging the car by putting so many kilometers and driving it in the worst of weather.

The sedan on the other hand, is a 4 door, but it still has relatively solid performance. In addition, it "seems" like a car that can endure a lot of milage aswell as the winter elements.

With this said, is the g35 coupe a car that will be damaged by winter elements? Will it sustain more damage than the sedan would?
Finally, is the coupe a car that can take a lot of milage?

Keep in mind that performance cars (like the coupe) are usually engineered with performance in mind ahead of reliability. An extreme example; it has been said that lamborghinis can only last 30,000 km.

So do you guys think the coupe has been designed for reliabily?

Which car do you think would suit my needs?

If you could answer any of these questions i would be so grateful.

Thank you for your time.

-Mark

Old 01-29-2004, 04:15 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

They're the same car with the same performance-- except one has 4 doors. The coupe may be seen as a "pure sports car", but that's because a lot of people are under the impression that 2 doors = sports, regardless. The only difference (as mentioned in your other thread) is practicality vs. 'sexiness'. The sedan won't hold up any better than the coupe in winter, but the coupe won't hold up any worse than the sedan. Many, many, many people baby their sedans just as much as they would a coupe, so... what's your preference? If your initial preference is the coupe, go for it. It's the same car, and you apparently prefer its looks, etc. so go for it [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 01-29-2004, 07:49 PM

As far as performance and durability.. they're both using the same Nissan/Infiniti Front-Midship (FM) Platform, same VQ35DE engine, same transmissions, etc. In fact, if you take the back seat out of the coupe, you've got yourself a 350Z. Jack the sedan up a few inches and trade the trunk for more cargo space and you have an FX35. Well, okay.. the FX will weigh a bit more, and the 350Z probably a bit less.

The sedan and coupe are very, very close in performance. The coupe has 20 extra hp, but the sedan has 40-80lbs less body fat (depending on trim levels). A good portion of the coupe's advantage in handling comes from the better, wider performance tires it wears compared to the sedan. That's easily remedied with a look in our Tire & Wheels forum and a visit to TireRack or a local store.

You need to choose between two and foor doors, decide if trunk space or back seats are important, etc... then either go put the G35 Coupe up against other luxury/sport coupes (or just sport coupes or just luxury coupes depending on what you prefer), or go do the same with the G35 Sedan and it's competition.

My only other recommendation is that, if you do plan to put 20k plus miles a year on the car, don't even consider leasing. You'll kill yourself on the mileage penalty at the end.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 01-29-2004, 08:25 PM

Both cars are very nice. Don't thinks about power because both cars are very similar. As everybody says, thinks about usage, what really you need.

Xat

Old 01-29-2004, 10:18 PM

You're only young once. Flaunt it. Get the G coupe. You can be practical later.

'04 Silver Sedan, 5AT, Graphite, Premium, Aero

Old 01-29-2004, 11:34 PM

You're debating between 0.3 seconds. You can pass that much about of time in the blink of an eye. I think pretty much its safe to say that both cars under the average driver will have the same 0-60 time.

I'd get the sedan. You can carry your friends around and you'll have more people in your car to "ohh" and "ahh" about. And in other situations the only the sedan allows for the real "ohh!" and "ahh!" if you know what I mean (^_~).

Old 01-29-2004, 11:51 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL! Without leaving footprints on the moonroof [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

PS. Might I say how proud I am that a thread with this title has carried over to two pages and has remained civil? Thanks guys and gals! [I'm too lazy to look up the thumbs up symbol, so imagine it here]

G

<font color=blue>[edit]I feel charitable today Geo, so just for you!

Besides, I feel the same way!..Gord[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]</font color=blue>

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gordgee on 01/30/04 10:04 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 01-30-2004, 12:28 AM

I've got the sedan, and sometimes I want the coupe. I can guarantee you if I had the coupe, sometimes I would want the sedan. Both are great cars with slightly different personalities. I wish I was able to easily afford to have one of each, but I am not, so the sedan offered me more of what I needed and wanted overall. If yor preference is for the coupe, then that is most definitely what you should buy.....you will most likely be a happy camper either way!

Old 01-30-2004, 06:43 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got the sedan because I felt it more practical, but still sporty, I have had nothing but compliments about this car!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan/5AT

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 sedan vs. coupe