Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

HELP!! SLIP and VDC Off

Old 03-02-2007, 01:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP!! SLIP and VDC Off

Hi,

I'm a new forum user and i was looking around for some info in regards to the issue i had today with my 03 Coupe.

I just took the car out from my mechanic, I had it brought in cause the Airbag light was on and the buttons on the steering whell were not working anymore, including the cruis control.

Once this fixed, i took my car out, as i start driving, maybe 5mph, the car started shaking as the brakes were simulating a slide on ice, the SLIP and VDC off light turned on and remained on even though i tried to press VDC Off.

The thing is that the car is running normally with those lights on on the dash. When i start the engine the lighs remain off , as soon as the car moves they turn on.

It happened once more during the day, as i was leaving a parking, the lights remained off and the car and brakes started shaking again, the lights turned on again and i was able to drive it normally with the lights on.

My mechanic ( not the dealer ) has no clue on what this could be, he is missing an software upgrade to access some codes in the car.

Before calling the dealer i thought you could give me a hint on this

Thank you !!

Last edited by lightness; 03-02-2007 at 01:31 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:36 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
something could be wrong with your ABS or control arms or something along those lines. Maybe some sensors went bad? Take it to the dealer.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
This would be a hard problem to troubleshoot over the internet.

It sounds like the ABS/TCS controller is acting up. It would be hard to know though if the computer itself is bad, or if there is a bad sensor, or bad actuator on the output side.

The best bet would be to use an OBDII program that can monitor the ABS computer and make sure all sensors are reading properly. Then, work forward from there.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:46 PM
i had that same problem 2 days ago but my car was movin with all those light on...it was rollin under 5mph..(scared the crap outta me the highway) i borught it dealer and it was my throttle chamber or something

Old 03-03-2007, 06:34 PM
What fixed your air bag, cruise,and stereo bottons? Mine has been doing the exact same thing for a while now. Also mine has the same problem with slip andvdc lights once i start to move.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:30 AM
This may be way off...but check your brake fluid level. My VDC light remained on because i was low on fluid.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:50 PM
428hpsnake they changed something inside the steering wheel , some electric piece connecting the buttons and the airbag ... i really dont know, the mechanic said the only thing they replaced was that stuff and it shouldnt be related to the VDC and SLIP but it's weird, before it wasnt doing this ... i checked brake fluids and brake pads and discs were changed recently ... i mean the car is running perfectly but without the VDC ...

Old 09-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just had the same problem while messing with the clock spring on the steering wheel. I read some post here, there's some sort of sensor behind the clock spring assembly that would cause the SLIP and DVC lights turn on.
I'll need to take that thing a part gain to see what went wrong.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:31 PM
I just read the repair manual. There's a steering wheel angle position sensor behind the clock spring. That sensor needs to adjust to neutral position once it's out of its original position. There's a special tool to do that (it's called CONSULT-II) and we can't access to that kind of tool. I replaced my clock spring that's why my sensor is off. I guess I need to visit my dealer to get the adjustment done.

The following users liked this post:
aaron.demming (03-14-2021)
Old 09-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by g35ATX
I just read the repair manual. There's a steering wheel angle position sensor behind the clock spring. That sensor needs to adjust to neutral position once it's out of its original position. There's a special tool to do that (it's called CONSULT-II) and we can't access to that kind of tool. I replaced my clock spring that's why my sensor is off. I guess I need to visit my dealer to get the adjustment done.
You are 100% correct,i also have to visit the the dealer to have mine reprogramed.I removed the steering shaft during my twin turbo install and have to get mine done aswell.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by superchargedg
You are 100% correct,i also have to visit the the dealer to have mine reprogramed.I removed the steering shaft during my twin turbo install and have to get mine done aswell.
how much they charged you for the job? In the repair manual it's like 5 minute .

Old 09-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by g35ATX
how much they charged you for the job? In the repair manual it's like 5 minute .
I havent got it done yet but it will cost at least $90 bucks even though it only takes 10 minutes to do.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:35 PM
did anyone get there cars fixed? i am having the same problem with my car and just had the car at the dealer they erased all the codes but said a C1143 code came up. can someone help me diagnose my problem... my car never had a good alignemnt since i did my own alignment... do you think it will clear up after an alignment or more will need to be done?

Old 09-13-2007, 02:28 AM
you mean P1143 ? which is a Heated O2 Sensor 1 error code.
I'll bring my car to the dealer next Friday. My car did not have a good alignment either but it didn't throw any light until I changed the clock spring.

Originally Posted by derek321
did anyone get there cars fixed? i am having the same problem with my car and just had the car at the dealer they erased all the codes but said a C1143 code came up. can someone help me diagnose my problem... my car never had a good alignemnt since i did my own alignment... do you think it will clear up after an alignment or more will need to be done?

Old 09-13-2007, 05:12 PM
I see maybe it was the other code it trew which was C1109 ? What exactly is a clock spring ... i removed my entire steering rack and for a while my alignment was total **** where i could turn one wheel to the right and turn the steering wheel twice to the left!! i dont have warranty so this is all coming out of my pocket... i guess im gonna try and get it aligned and then try to clear the code ... will that help ... my car was in a collision also so that might have a big part in it

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP!! SLIP and VDC Off