G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

iPhone in the G

Old 06-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPhone in the G

Just got the iPhone and will see how well it interacts with the g shortly. So far the phone is unbelievable. I am using it for this post.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 06-30-2007, 02:18 AM
I know this is not the right place for this discussion, but I don't see what is the big deal with the iPhone. 4 or 8 GB of music is simply not enough for a lot of hard core music fans. In addition, they missed the boat without letting you wireless sync via Wifi or Bluetooth your iPhone to your computer so you can transfer songs wirelessly. If they had improved on those two features, I would consider it. Frustrating because the technology is there to use, but it's crippled.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by mbhforum
I know this is not the right place for this discussion, but I don't see what is the big deal with the iPhone. 4 or 8 GB of music is simply not enough for a lot of hard core music fans. In addition, they missed the boat without letting you wireless sync via Wifi or Bluetooth your iPhone to your computer so you can transfer songs wirelessly. If they had improved on those two features, I would consider it. Frustrating because the technology is there to use, but it's crippled.
i don't think the iphone is meant for hard core music fans - that's what the ipod is for. and i fully expect a ipod revision in the near future with similar features/look to the iphone (minus phone) and a large capacity. crippled is a little harsh considering all the iphone offers, but buy what works best for you.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wouldn't say crippled. it's more geared towards the person that wants a decent amount of everything. hardcore music fans will certainly want more song storage space, but i'm just fine with the 8G that i just procured.

I've got loads of photos, a rudamentary playlist, season 1 of Seinfeld and have 5GB free.

Amazingly, EDGE is a LOT faster on the iphone than on an HTC 8125, which is pretty amazing as that's the one feature that was keeping me 'iffy'.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Yes, I agree it's geared for certain people. For example, my wife has a 2GB iPod Nano and a Nokia phone. She needs more space and hates her phone, so I can definitely see getting her an iPhone for xmas.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:27 PM
It looks like the iPhone is working pretty nicely on the E90...

http://edbmw.com/blog/2007/06/29/bmw...y-user-report/

Hope it works for the G as well!

Old 06-30-2007, 08:34 PM
So far so good. I havent tried to download the phonebook yet, but i will probably try tonight.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:12 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tkbr0wn
So far so good. I havent tried to download the phonebook yet, but i will probably try tonight.
Very nice!

If you take a bunch of pictures, we can do a blog like the BMW one as well.

Old 07-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by GT-R
Very nice!

If you take a bunch of pictures, we can do a blog like the BMW one as well.
yeah, I was one of the first ones that did that, and a lot of websites related the article.

Btw guys, when the G37 comes out, we should make a test comparison, basically, I would test a G37 and write an objective article and you guys should test the 335i and write an article as well, then we can put the article on both blogs. It would be interesting

Old 07-01-2007, 04:49 PM
iphone FTL.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BrianV
iphone FTL.
i think mine's a winner! It's amazing how good typing is on this thing.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:54 AM
I already know 2 people that are returning their iphones tomorrow. They weren't too pleased. It was hyped up way too much. One of them cant get gmail sent to their iphone, go figure.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by BlackGSedaN1027
I already know 2 people that are returning their iphones tomorrow. They weren't too pleased. It was hyped up way too much. One of them cant get gmail sent to their iphone, go figure.
Ouch! Don't return them. Sell them on Craigslist! I saw people asking for $800, $1200, even $1 million for it! (The latter is, of course, a sarcastic joke by a poster. Props to him/her.)

My coworker said two people were already camping outside a Cingular store the day before. He and another coworker waiting in line like everyone else at the Apple Store on launch day here in Burlingame, California (milf capital of the USA, I swear). They got it just fine.

Personally, I refuse to use a phone that does not have tactile feedback (i.e., BUTTONS you press). Even the RAZR didn't do a good job of that, because Motorola focused on style versus function. I love my Sony Ericsson K750i (way ahead of its time, even for today), and I plan to pick up the P1 if/when I go to Asian next year. However, I'm still a big fan of Nokia because of their usability.

I'm sure car manufacturers will start marketing their vehicles with "iPhone" compatibility as they already do today with their "iPod-ready" head units (i.e., their decks have aux-in inputs -- big deal).

Old 07-02-2007, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
Personally, I refuse to use a phone that does not have tactile feedback (i.e., BUTTONS you press). Even the RAZR didn't do a good job of that, because Motorola focused on style versus function. I love my Sony Ericsson K750i (way ahead of its time, even for today), and I plan to pick up the P1 if/when I go to Asian next year. However, I'm still a big fan of Nokia because of their usability.
Same here. Guy in my office is returning his today. His big complaint about the keyboard is when he was typing in passwords he has no idea if he got it right or not until it locked him out. When he was typing in emails and stuff the auto-correct seems to work well but the password thing was really a problem for him. Also he surfed the web a lot and the Edge network was like dialup compared to Sprint.

I'll stick with my Treo 700wx for now until I can get my hands on a Sprint Mogul

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iPhone in the G