G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

in cabin air filter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 05:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in cabin air filter

Does anyone have any pdf files of the service manual to change the in cabin air filter? or a link? I am trying to do it myself. That would be great. thanks.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:51 AM
I know this was covered in another thread I was just reading but for the life of me can not find it. Would also appreciate a link for buying this filter if available.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can download the service manual in chunks here:

http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/loca...s.php?catid=24

Old 02-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Here's the thread - and I bought from Jason @ Riverside (guess it's Tony now). Best price I found anywhere, something like half of the local dealer's price.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ht=15K+service

Old 02-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Heres the youtube version

Old 02-13-2008, 03:05 PM
I did not find the instructions in the previous link to be correct. They and the Utube video apprear to be for the 06 sedan or the 07 Coupe. I did mine last weekend and it was very easy. Here are the steps I used.

Remove the horizontally mounted plastic molding below the glove box. You just pull down the front edge and it comes right off.

Remove the plastic molding between the top of the dash and the door. It also just pulls right off.

You DO NOT need to remove the molding on the door kickpanel or the piece by the passenger's right foot as described in previous link and shown on video.

Next remove the glove box by opening it and then pulling out and slightly up. It is held in place by two large plastic posts protruding from its sides that fit into a slots in the housing, and by a few plastic forks on the bottom that fit into slots and serve as the hinging mechanisim. The there is also a cable that attaches to the side of the glove box and is very easily unsnapped by pullin it left off the box. The box will come completely off with no wires or anything attached.

Next you remove the large bracket that was holding the glove compartment by removing the 6 or so screws. The bracket comes of and you can now access the filter cover.

You unsnap the filter cover from the right and replace the filter.

The filters fit into the top portion of the fan housing and you must hold it up as you are replacing the filter cover so the prongs slip under the filter.

You then need to take the car out and drive it really fast to blow all that dust off

Put it back together and you're good to go.

Last edited by dafinman; 02-13-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
My link was for an '07 G - maybe your way works too, although I don't know how your glove box didn't have wires attached (unless the light inside is magically wireless?).

Old 02-14-2008, 11:35 AM
I should probably clarify. I see this as an assembly with two parts. The actual box and the bracket that holds the box; the box swivels the bracket doesn't. The light is attached to the bracket. You have to remove the box to get to the lower screws on the bracket.

Also, why do you need to take off the lower molding by the kickpanel?

Also just to be clear there is an '07 G35 Sedan and an '07 G35 Coupe. Both are '07 G's but are entirely different cars; the Sedan was redesigned the coupe had the old sedan interior. Looking at your Avatar I assume you are referring to your car which is obviously a Sedan but the lower kickpanel removal proceedure is what threw me. Don't mean to be obstinate just trying to remove potential confusion.

Last edited by dafinman; 02-14-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by dafinman
I did not find the instructions in the previous link to be correct. They and the Utube video apprear to be for the 06 sedan or the 07 Coupe. I did mine last weekend and it was very easy. Here are the steps I used.

Remove the horizontally mounted plastic molding below the glove box. You just pull down the front edge and it comes right off.

Remove the plastic molding between the top of the dash and the door. It also just pulls right off.

You DO NOT need to remove the molding on the door kickpanel or the piece by the passenger's right foot as described in previous link and shown on video.

Next remove the glove box by opening it and then pulling out and slightly up. It is held in place by two large plastic posts protruding from its sides that fit into a slots in the housing, and by a few plastic forks on the bottom that fit into slots and serve as the hinging mechanisim. The there is also a cable that attaches to the side of the glove box and is very easily unsnapped by pullin it left off the box. The box will come completely off with no wires or anything attached*To make it easier to put the cable back on(when re-assembeling), take the fitting off of the glove box so you dont have to hold up the whole box while to reattach the cable, tghen just plug the fitting back in.*.

Next you remove the large bracket that was holding the glove compartment by removing the 6 or so screws.*Now you need to remove the trim panel on the right side of the dash/glove box.* The bracket comes of and you can now access the filter cover.

You unsnap the filter cover from the right and replace the filter.

The filters fit into the top portion of the fan housing and you must hold it up as you are replacing the filter cover so the prongs slip under the filter.

You then need to take the car out and drive it really fast to blow all that dust off

Put it back together and you're good to go.
These directions are much better then the ones originally. I edited it for completion. Anyone planning on doing this should print out both directions. They make it a 20 minute job tops, 10 if you are fast.

Last edited by 07GraphiteV36; 02-14-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
G35x
I replaced mine last night. It took maybe 20-30 minutes. Instructions helped a lot. I used a combination of instructions.

-I supported glove box with a box once removed and left all wiring attached
-Only lower piece I removed was the cover directly under glove box.

The toughest part for me was the far left of the 7 screws. For these types of screw locations make sure you use a magnetic screwdriver.

The only uncomfortable steps were the removal of molding between the top of the dash and the door and pulling glove box away from Washi. Both do come apart relatively easy. I just did not want to scratch or snap anything along the way.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by treacherous
I replaced mine last night. It took maybe 20-30 minutes. Instructions helped a lot. I used a combination of instructions.

-I supported glove box with a box once removed and left all wiring attached
-Only lower piece I removed was the cover directly under glove box.

The toughest part for me was the far left of the 7 screws. For these types of screw locations make sure you use a magnetic screwdriver.

The only uncomfortable steps were the removal of molding between the top of the dash and the door and pulling glove box away from Washi. Both do come apart relatively easy. I just did not want to scratch or snap anything along the way.
You may have done this the hard way if the left screw is tough to get at. Pull up and out on the glovebox, it will loosen and you will have to twist it a bit to clear the retaining posts, the unclip the return cord on the left side. Once the glove box is out, the panel and the 7 screws are easily accessable, with minimal chance of loss (there's realy no where for them to go).

Old 06-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
G35x
Originally Posted by Sieveboy
You may have done this the hard way if the left screw is tough to get at. Pull up and out on the glovebox, it will loosen and you will have to twist it a bit to clear the retaining posts, the unclip the return cord on the left side. Once the glove box is out, the panel and the 7 screws are easily accessable, with minimal chance of loss (there's realy no where for them to go).

I probably did.... next time I will try it with your suggestion. I should have taken pictures along the way since some may be intimidated by what is a relatively easy procedure.

Thanks!

Old 07-15-2008, 01:02 PM
I just did the filter swap this morning following the instructions that dafinman posted. This is a really easy procedure and took me about 20 minutes (since I was being gentle and moving slowly since this was the first time ) and should only take 10 minutes or so now that I am comfortable with the procedure. Great write-up guys!

Old 07-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How do you know when the filter is dirty?

Old 07-15-2008, 02:04 PM
^ It's part of the regularly scheduled maintenance at 15k miles or one year.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: in cabin air filter