Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

PCD Performance Chip Stage 1? wtf,

Old 05-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question PCD Performance Chip Stage 1? wtf,

Is this crap real? Anything that boasts 50HP gains and is less then a few thousand, i rarely think about twice but.. since its on our site, thought i ask first.

(i know the ebay ones are totally fake, maybe this is too?)

and whats with the stage 1? so another chip to make it stage 2? rofl....

plz give me your thoughts guys... just want to know why people make **** like this if it "doesn't" work... is this something similiar to the Sprintbooster? The sprintbooster doesn't give you any extra HP, it just tunes your system to work better and utilize the horses you already have...

http://www.performancechipsdirect.com/Infiniti/G35-2Dr/

PCD Performance Chip Stage 1

Part #: PCD-587739
Shipping Cost: $0.00
Shipping Info: Usually ships within 5 days. Allow 7-10 days for delivery by USPS.
Listing Price: $199.99
Selling Price: $79.99
Quantity:
Product: PCD Performance Chip Stage 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brand: PCD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlight: Gain 3-6 MPG, Gain up to 50 HP

Details: The PCD Performance Chip utilizes the latest in aftermarket electronic technology and allows you to teak your performance to the exact specifications you want. The PCD Performance chips we carry are rivaled by the Jet V-chips, however our units offer more flexibility and proven precision tunability that you can't find with any other brand.

The adjustable PCD Chip module has been designed to work in any weather condition, any combination of engine modifications and any size engine. You can have a factory turbo, aftermarket turbo, OEM supercharger or even a NOS kit installed. It doesn't matter; the detailed instructions we provide tell you exactly how to install the PCD engine chip step by step.

You can adjust the settings via the integrated dial. Set the gain indicator to approximately half way for a 5-10 horsepower gain and a noticeable increase in miles per gallon. Turn the dial to the "Max" position to yield the biggest horsepower increases. Some drivers have seen up to a 50 horsepower gain!*

Background:

Just about every modern gas powered vehicle has a computer that controls and regulates the engine's operation. It controls the firing order, the amount of gas distributed and air utilized. This unit is usually referred to as the ECU or Electronic Control Unit.

This little control box strategically stashed away neatly beneath insulation and away from heat is always responsible for the efficiency of your motor. It takes different readings from several different sensors throughout your engine's components and calculates the right combinations of air, fuel and spark. However, due to emissions and other government regulated power restrictions, some of the settings issued by manufacturers are very modest if not dismal when weighed against the potential of your engine. It's difficult to work around the preset configuration without replacing the entire unit or having a flash drive professionally soldered into place; that is, until now..

Our Performance PCD Chip module does just that; it reconfigures the settings of your ECU so your engine will make more power throughout the RPM powerband. The chip is also designed to operate at maximum efficiency meaning that it will accommodate for incoming air when your throttle body is completely open, providing an increased amount of fuel but won't waste fuel by optimizing consumption when the engine is under a light load. The chip works by telling your ECU to advance the timing and provide more fuel, but only when necessary. That's what makes the PCD Performance chip so great and sets us apart from other chips on the market. Our PCD performance meets your needs regardless of your driving style.

Finding a beneficial chip that won't alter factory settings, void warranties or require disassembling your ECU is almost impossible. However, our PCD chips do provide real benefits, are simple to install and work directly with your car's computer to determine the right amount of adjustment you need at any given time. Sounds too good to be true, but the results are evident.

Installation: How it works:

To get these kind of benefits and installing a PCD Performance chip might sound daunting at first, but with clear cut instructions and a straight forward installation process; even the most novice of mechanics can install the unit in less than 15 minutes. There is no soldering involved. You'll locate your vehicle's IAT sensor and your new Chip will be installed via the factory harness.

You do not have to purchase any other items in order to install the PCD Chip. Once installed, the new signal will be sent to your computer and will take effect immediately. Your timing is automatically adjust without setting it manually with a timing light, your fuel injector duty increases automatically when it needs to and air / fuel ratios are tweaked as you shift through each gear. Manual transmission or Automatic transmission; it doesn't matter.

Bottom line is our PCD Performance chips give you results. They 100% legal, one of the easiest modifications you can make to your car and won't hurt any other component on your vehicle, stock or not. Get your PCD Engine ECU Chip and get worry-free results!

*All horsepower gains are measured via dyno-tuning statistics and at the vehicle's wheel, not exaggerated flywheel-horsepower numbers like some companies. Many times, aftermarket companies will make claims that aren't entirely true because a significant amount of power is lost from the transfer of horsepower made at the flywheel to horsepower that reaches your wheels.

Most Asked Q/A:

Q: Is this a universal module that will fit any vehicle?
A: No. Each module is programmed to fit the vehicle in the title only. Although modules are similar in style, each application is different based on your vehicle's engine specifications.
Q: Does it come with instructions?
A: Clear cut instructions are provided for the easiest install possible.
Q: What all is included?
A: You will receive (1) PCD Chip Module and all of the necessary hardware.
Q: Will it void any of my vehicle's warranties?
A: No. If you are in question, The chip can be easily removed and reinstalled.
Q: Will this work with aftermarket intakes?
A: Yes, works with both OEM and aftermarket intakes.
Q: Do I need any special skills or tools?
A: No special skills or tools are required; a pair of pliers.
Q: Will this module fit my engine?
A: The Surge Chip works with anything that has an ECU.
Q: Will this chip damage my engine?
A: No. The altered signals never exceed manufacturer's limitations.
** Note: Will not work with some Turbo, Supercharged, or Diesel Engines! **

Old 05-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
yah this is real, i have 4 of them and have a total of 200 hp gain

Old 05-25-2009, 11:52 AM
lol... ya i figured it was fake after selecting the 2011 G35 model and they came up with a great script:

"Let us help you get a little more from your engine with new 2011 Infiniti G35 2Dr performance chips. We have have several 2011 Infiniti G35 2Dr performance ECU chip options for you to choose from. "

****en *******s.. these type of sites shouldn't even be advertised on our forums...

but i would've soo bought 20 of em for my 1500$ 1000HP+ dream G hahahaahahah

Old 05-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 05-25-2009, 03:53 PM
hahahaha

reminds me of turbonator ads

Old 05-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
PCD Performance Chip....just another "Gizmo!" FAIL!

Originally Posted by t7n7
Is this crap real?

A: No. The altered signals never exceed manufacturer's limitations.
Here's your answer if it doesn't exceed Nissan's limitations then what improvement could there be. Reprogram devices that work are installed by professional tuners using a dyno so the correct changes/improvements can be made without hurting your engine!
Gary

Old 07-07-2010, 05:44 AM
can i adjust the psi's on the turbonator with it?

Old 07-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
wow this one looks more creative compared to the other scams

Old 07-07-2010, 05:15 PM
I love the dial. Like anyone would want (or need) to turn the dial down.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by liche
I love the dial. Like anyone would want (or need) to turn the dial down.
Its so you have options duh!!! ahjahaha Im sure they have sold plenty of models too, thats the worst part.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:13 AM
So does it work or is it BS? I have a 2004 Infiniti G35 with a Injen intake,Motordyne Plenum Spacer and Motordyne XYZ test pipes.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:20 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Are you freaking serious?

You need to pay more attention in school, you obviously missed the day where they taught the definition of sarcasm.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:24 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally Posted by zich565
So does it work or is it BS? I have a 2004 Infiniti G35 with a Injen intake,Motordyne Plenum Spacer and Motordyne XYZ test pipes.
yes it does. i jus installed it and its great. works as described. but i had to send the payment to kazakstan cus the seller was on a trip but as soon as he recieved the payment he sent the chip to me but becuase of the trouble i had to go through he sent me two of them. so now i have double the performance.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:00 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Wow you seem like a really nice guy.

With that kind of attitude you won't last long around here noob. I was pointing out your obvious inability to sense sarcasm, since you asked a stupid question in a thread that has made fun of these "chips" for almost 2 years.

You sound like the guy who needs a hug from his momma, not me.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
G-girl, you are ruining the funny effect of the trolling!

I wonder what you are supposed to splice that into? The radio?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PCD Performance Chip Stage 1? wtf,