V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

interior door handle scratching too easily? - pic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
interior door handle scratching too easily? - pic

did a search but didn't have luck with the terms i tried.

the little pocket on the drivers side door where you put your fingers to pull it closed (handle?) is scratching really easily. you can scrape the black color off with your thumbnail and it reveals the white plastic underneath.

anybody else have this problem? i'm wondering if the previous owner used some kind of solvent on it that softened the paint or if this might be a manufacturing problem.

any advice or similar experiences appreciated. pic attached.

amp

Attached Thumbnails interior door handle scratching too easily? - pic-dscf0042.jpg  
Old 07-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like a manufacturing defect.

other people have the same problem

Old 07-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
looks like that's where he kept his loose razor blades

Old 07-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Go to your dealer and see if they can replace it under warranty. I think the 07's have softer paint than the 08's. i had both front door pulls and my steering wheel replaced.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:45 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
i got the same thing, it happens from my watch scratching it i finally found out how its happening. if anyone gets this replaced let me know.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:31 PM
yep, it's on my steering wheel, too. i can scratch the paint off with my thumbnail (i WISH it took something strong and sharp like razor blades!)

i'll be adding this to the list at the next dealer trip and will post back up with results.

mods, might want to merge this thread with

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-37-...ml#post4427797

? sorry, i didn't see it before i posted.

amp

Old 07-27-2009, 03:38 PM
and, yes, it's the same problem on all four doors on the sedan.

amp

Old 07-31-2009, 12:36 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
i do not have any wear and tear type scratching but while installing my alarm the driver side plastic piece got a deep scratch due to the screwdriver otherwise no scratches out of no where.

So my question is that is the G37 Sedan plastic really all the more durable than the 07 as i have heard it is a bit more hard plastic that avoids such damage better, can someone confirm so i can swap with the g37 interior rather than g35.

Thanks

Old 08-09-2009, 11:37 AM
I have had the left hand and right hand trim pieces that surround the window switches replaced under warranty. My stering wheel looks awful and I think I wll ask about a replacement on the next services.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:47 PM
yea my 08 looks like it has wear in that area...probably due to my watch and hands being there all the time.

do dealers warranty it?

Old 09-03-2009, 12:52 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
i do not have any wear and tear type scratching but while installing my alarm the driver side plastic piece got a deep scratch due to the screwdriver otherwise no scratches out of no where.

So my question is that is the G37 Sedan plastic really all the more durable than the 07 as i have heard it is a bit more hard plastic that avoids such damage better, can someone confirm so i can swap with the g37 interior rather than g35.

Thanks
The G37 version is molded from a more durable black plastic while the G35 version has a black "film" over it that is easily scratched.

No, the G37 version will not fit on the G35 because they are a different shape. The G35 bezel goes to a "point" at the front and the G37 version does not.

Infiniti apparently knows about the problem because my service advisor told me he chages them out all the time.

As a matter of fact, mine is getting changed out tomorrow and I'll probably do it once more before the warranty on that part runs out.

And FWIW, the sterring wheel has the same problem being easily scratched.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:50 PM
I just recently got mine changed out, but I also got a good deal on ordering full brushed aluminum trim that covers stearing wheel, door sills, door trim etc etc...

EDIT: Mine also came with the long door sill peices not included in picture. I figured I could take a gander and replace what I want until I get the look I want.

Attached Thumbnails interior door handle scratching too easily? - pic-g35.gif  
Old 09-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I've got that on my drivers door too. I'm thinking that I'll just have to replace that piece once in a while.

---Matt

Old 09-17-2009, 11:01 AM
I have the same problem on both, the front and passenger door handles. Also the steering wheel is peeling a little. I am attaching pics of both. I hope the dealer replaces these without a problem.

Attached Thumbnails interior door handle scratching too easily? - pic-img_0236.jpg   interior door handle scratching too easily? - pic-img_0235.jpg  
Old 09-19-2009, 11:29 AM
RCK
I've had no problem whatsoever with scratching or chipping of the interior plastic, even in the interior door handle well. For the past 2 years I've put my garage door key there with it's sharp and pointed edges and had no scratches whatsoever. My interior is the graphite (black) and I notice that the interior in the photo above is the lighter color, though many of the posts reporting the scratching are graphite as well. I'm just lucky in this instance I guess. Perhaps certain build dates are affected but not others.

Last edited by RCK; 09-19-2009 at 11:34 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: interior door handle scratching too easily? - pic