G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Is this sub box, woofer and amp an alright combo ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this sub box, woofer and amp an alright combo ??

I'm looking to buy a SMALL little sound system .. nothing crazy .. just enough to hit decent for rap/hip hop songs and enough for a LITTLE extra on rock/alternative music .. I just want a system that looks clean and is obvious to those listening that I have a subwoofer in the car .. I'm looking at the ZEnclosure 10" box just for sleekness and it's a cheap box (lol) .. I'm going to post links to the box, sub and amp I'm looking at .. if anything that knows about what works with what could tell me if this will be good enough or if I should be looking at a different combo (i.e. sub sucks or amp not strong enough) .. I'm not good with this and could use some guidance from you electronically gifted young (and older) men (and women) lol thanks .. I know I'll get some crap for cheaping out a little but for my needs and space requirements I'd like to just keep it simple and use my money to upgrade these rims in the Spring

Box:

http://www.zenclosures.com/Infiniti_..._p/g35c110.htm

Sub:

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/swr-1043d/

Amp:

http://www.woofersetc.com/p6401/KAC8...-Amplifier.htm

Old 09-16-2010, 11:33 PM
just looking around and found an Alpine M500 amp as well .. same general price as the Kenwood and it's the same 500w RMS .. would that M500 be a good amp for the 10" Type R ?? just a beginner system to thumb decent I suppose .. ideas

Old 09-17-2010, 01:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what about infinity Basslink?

Old 09-17-2010, 02:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ughh F*** you're going with a type R.................spend some cash dogg get an 8" JL W6 do a custom box and get a 1000 watt JL amp. or even get two 8" kicker L7's with custom box and the 1000 watt JL amp. a crappy amp makes amazing subs sound like garbage as does a cheap box. i had two 12" diamonds in custom boxes in my last car and lemme tell you....im deaf now haha not lookin to do that again though. for a clean system that hits any high or low go JL!!!!

Old 09-17-2010, 02:57 AM
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
The combo u show in the links is okay but you are over paying for the sound u are trying to accomplish... something that sounds good and perfect with a stock radio would be a kicker comp 10 with a 300watt orion amp and a box that is sealed and it sits right in between both 6by9s giving you more trunk space then the box you posted in the link... I have done this set up before and it sounds great to the stock radio and you spend about 300 and saves u some money for yours wheels and springs

Old 09-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by chava12
The combo u show in the links is okay but you are over paying for the sound u are trying to accomplish... something that sounds good and perfect with a stock radio would be a kicker comp 10 with a 300watt orion amp and a box that is sealed and it sits right in between both 6by9s giving you more trunk space then the box you posted in the link... I have done this set up before and it sounds great to the stock radio and you spend about 300 and saves u some money for yours wheels and springs
this is why I post on this forum .. I get replies from people who HELP :-) haha .. I know some people will laugh that I'm not dropping more into the sound system when the only thing I want to do is upgrade the rims, drive it a little and then sell it within the next 1 1/2 years or so ..

with the kicker .. would the comVR 10" dual coil 2ohm sub be good ?? it says it's 400w RMS which is less than the type r so I'm confused .. and as far as the price, I have cousins that work at bestbuy so I get 30% off ANYTHING not on sale lol so that type r would cost me $130.00 (same as the kicker) .. also, if I went with the 10" kicker I could probably keep the ZEnclosure box and just worry about which amp .. only thing confusing me is what do I do if a sub is 100W rms more than the amp .. ?? and how reliable is the Orion amp ?? thanks

Old 09-22-2010, 02:17 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
any sub/amp combo is going to make a world of difference to a stock system. Best thing IMO is pick a budget.. say $500. Then go to Best buy.. tell them you have 500 to spend on everything including install. Tell them any other important info such as if you have the stock stereo or not, whether trunk space is an issue to you or not and what your wanting to do... ie. I want some bass, nothing too boomy. My recomendation... dual 10" subs in a non-enclosed box with a 400 watt amp. I bought a set waaaaay back in the day from circuit city that was exactly this and it only cost 350. Lasted 10 years was plenty loud and worked fine. If your not gonna go nuts or show the car then get something practical... this is exactly the reason why best buy exists for customers like you. Have fun!

Old 09-22-2010, 02:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I work at best buy too lol. If your buddy can get them for you tell him to use his kicker accommodation and get two 8" L7's and get the 1000 watt kicker amp. The 8's are 110 each after the accommodation. Or even get two 10" L7's then use two independent boxes. The boxes are like 45 each I believe with employee discount. After that run 4 gauge Rockford fosgate or just kicker wire. And you sir will be hittin good. Kicker is good for the price and the accomodation we get is nastyyy

Old 09-27-2010, 08:09 AM
im running my 2 10" type Rs in a Z enclosure and pushing them with a ALPINE PDX-1000 monoblock and lemme tell you that SHYT bumps !! i am extremely satidsfied with my setup just remember that type-r need a stronger amp like the pdx-1000 to push them right..you get what you pay for