G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

trunk wont open :? help please

Old 01-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trunk wont open :? help please

my remote wont open it, neither will the switch on the dash. i have 6volts at the switch on the dash. and replaced the fuse - does anyone have any info that can help. also my passenger seat motor quit working the other day. and if one more thing messes up. im going to have to let her go

currently have a cable running to the emergency release between the seat and up the console so that i can at least utilize it somewhat.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Did you check to make sure it wasn't turned off in the glove box?

Old 01-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TannerG
Did you check to make sure it wasn't turned off in the glove box?
x2 open your glovebox and look for a switch on the drivers side of the glovebox. Make sure that is not on.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Even if the switch in the glovebox is on or off, the trunk should still open with the remote. Unless the switch is on and his remote is broken.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:00 PM
the remotes fine. double and triple checked the switch - no luck >:[

Old 01-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
the trunk lock actuator itself

Old 01-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Try reaching into your trunk and pulling on the handle to manually open it and see if it opens.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
itll manually open unless he latch is seized up somehow. find the connector to the trunk actuator and see if you get power to it when hitting the switch or remote.....if so, then the actuator is bad. the end.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by the_coupe
itll manually open unless he latch is seized up somehow. find the connector to the trunk actuator and see if you get power to it when hitting the switch or remote.....if so, then the actuator is bad. the end.
im losing power to both connectors. but i have power at the switch on the dash - 6volts.

Originally Posted by Oh_Really
Try reaching into your trunk and pulling on the handle to manually open it and see if it opens.
i had to crawl through to open it a week or so ago. there is currently a long piece of picture hanging wire tied to the release, run between the seat back and seat cushion up my console so i can open it.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts
This is a known problem with the G coupes. The wires that go to the trunk popper are a CM too short and are likely to snap at some point.
Open your trunk, remove the liner, and remove the rubber wire housing where the wires runs out of the trunk lid.
This is usually where the snapped wires are. Solder and shrink wrap more wire onto those wires to extend them so it doesn't happen again.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Hes right...After some searching, I found a DIY to fix this. Should have searched harder OP.

https://g35driver.com/forums/general...estions-3.html

Old 01-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by pythonjosh
This is a known problem with the G coupes. The wires that go to the trunk popper are a CM too short and are likely to snap at some point.
Open your trunk, remove the liner, and remove the rubber wire housing where the wires runs out of the trunk lid.
This is usually where the snapped wires are. Solder and shrink wrap more wire onto those wires to extend them so it doesn't happen again.
He's right. I had the same problem and fix about 2 years ago.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
I was wondering, when it doesn't work for you, try putting the key in the car to the on position, and try again. Let me know if it works then.

I have a similar problem, but when ever I put the key in on the on position it will magically work again.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:14 PM
thanks i will check them tom afternoon. assuming its not raining - then i will not lol

Originally Posted by Oh_Really
Hes right...After some searching, I found a DIY to fix this. Should have searched harder OP.

https://g35driver.com/forums/general...estions-3.html
thanks i searched and found a few things here and there but never this link.

Originally Posted by boostedforlife
I was wondering, when it doesn't work for you, try putting the key in the car to the on position, and try again. Let me know if it works then.

I have a similar problem, but when ever I put the key in on the on position it will magically work again.
i will also try this prior to checking the wiring - and i’ll get back to you on that.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by boostedforlife

alright so i gutted the whole trunk today. i also ran 12v straight to the trunk popper/actuator (what ever its called) - IT WORKS. so i start back tracking down the power supplying wires as far as i can (around the rear seat area) and cut the wire back to test periodically - NO POWER. so i double checked the fuse panel by the driver seat - its Good. soo now im kind of stuck - is there another fuse or relay somewhere that im overlooking?

im between a rock and a hard place right now.

check the wire for a break - and its good
i also tried the key in the ignition and trying it - still no go.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: trunk wont open :? help please