Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Need Audio install help for '04 G35 sedan

Old 04-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Audio install help for '04 G35 sedan

Ok here is the setup:2004 Infiniti G35 with Bose equiped system. I have an Audiobahn A275HCT amp putting out 600watts x1 chan, I have a RF HX2 10" sub, I plan on purchasing a JDM double DIN dash kit, I already have a Scosche OEA-4, I still need to get the Scosche NN03B Car stereo connector because the OEA-4 I got from a buddy at work, didn't have the connector included. I am going to also purchase the steering wheel control adaptor and also the antenna adapter as well and lastly the JVC KW-AVX830 DVD player. My questions are, what type of enclosure should I get? I love the 4080 enclosures and zenclosures, but don't want to spend that money, but I might have to. Also, I did A LOT of research on if I should bypass the factory amp, or integrate it. I think the OEA-4 is for integrating but I could be wrong. I would like to integrate the factory amp, but basically I will do ANYTHING for the best sound. I got the OEA-4 because it allows me to manually adjust for each speaker, and that seemed better than the Mantra kit with the RCA's. I also want to completely remove the factory sub 8" as well, but can't find any good DIY guides. So to sum it up, I need advice on if I have chosen the best route to take to ensure good, crisp sound from my front speakers, utilize the factory amp (if that is better), get a GOOD speaker enclosure, and hopefully a good wiring diagram for the OEA-4, and how to remove that darn factory sub. I have installed my own systems before, so I am somewhat knowledgable, but the whole INTEGRATE vs BYPASS of the factory system is messing with my mind, please help!!!!!

Old 04-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Which model hx2 is it? I know they're more spl oriented, so small sealed shouldn't be an option.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:55 PM
the 500Watt RMS model, if that answers your question.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:26 PM
I need a model # so i can pull up the manual.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 RFD2210 10" Dual Voice Coil Component Subwoofer

Old 04-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Old 04-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
The Bose amp is the biggest piece of crap ever disguised as audio equipment.

Cut it out like like the aural tumor it is.

As for the bose sub, you have to remove:
Rear seats (bottom then backrests)
Rear arm rest
Trim beside the rear glass
Rear deck
Then you can remove the sub.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:58 AM
If I remove the amp, would I t hen have to use the Mantra wiring kit with the RCA plugs for the internal speakers?

Old 04-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Greetings fellow '04 Sedan owning car audio enthusiast I just did about 80% of my double-din install of my Pioneer AVIC F900BT last night, so you and I... we're gonna be best friends <3

If you're not going to get an aftermarket amplifier, I'd recommend using the JVC's stock speaker outs. This will also make your installation easier if you have a dash kit that connects to the factory speaker harness after you've spliced into the JVC harness.

I'd recommend replacing your fronts and rears and amplifying them with an external amp.. I amplified the stock speakers with a Cadence Ultradrive Z600 amp (125x4) before I replaced them and they all blew within about 2 months (i mean from working, to clipping, to farting, to dead... sounds like an old hair dresser hahaha)

I had non-premium radio in my Sedan, so I had the Clarion (i think they were all clarion) 6-disc CD changer/cassette factory radio, and panasonic pieces of poo for speakers, so I can't attest to how easy it will be to remove the bose amp (I don't even know where it is)...

BUT I can tell you this: I've had my dash ripped apart, my front seats out, my rear cushion out, my carpet out, my driver's side door off, my panels off, my pillar covers off, i've drilled custom holes and I've ran all new wire, and I've put it all back together and the car still looked amazing and the system rocks, as intended. You'll be fine.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:22 PM
updated thoughts

Ok so I decided that instead of using the Scosche OEA-4, I am going to purchase the PAC ROEMNIS2, but I am still unclear a little bit. As of now, replacing the factory speakers is not in my foreseeable future, I will just have to deal with them . The only factory speaker getting the boot is the subwoofer and that sounds like it will be a dosey to do, if anyone has removed it, please let me know how to do, or include the link of the DIY install I remember seeing it at on this website. The PAC ROEMNIS2 is supposed to leave the factory amp intact for the most part, and that is what I was looking for, if it ever goes out, then I will just have to remove it at that time. My biggest thing now is just installing the PAC unit correctly (preferably with diagrams) because my short and long term memory sometimes sucks. I think I have everything else down pat. Oh, also do I need to purchase a wiring harness for the JVC, or does the PAC ROEMNIS2 eliminate that need? Sorry to be so simplistic, but I neither want to mess this up, or have to go to a car audio shop and pay them to install something I should be able to do in one afternoon.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Don't use the ROEM-NIS2, that's only good if you're keeping the bose amp, which you shouldn't do.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Additional info

Ok so I am purchasing the PAC ROEMNIS2, and I have seen some sights and pictures implying RCA's come with the interface, and then on other sites it appears they are just wiring speaker wires from the PAC to the speaker wires from the stereo harness. The reason I ask is the Kenwood KDC-MP342U CD player only has 4-channel RCA outputs, which I determined only equated to 2 sets of RCA capability and from what I saw on the proposed RCA's from the PAC, they require 2 sets. Basically it seems that if I do want to use RCA's on the PAC, I will need a 6-channel RCA pre-out CD player.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

The ROEM-NIS2 is for interfacing with 4 channels (FR, FL, RR, RL) for the bose setup, which creates the sub channel from the other channels at the amplifier.

You don't need a 6 channel player to use the ROEM-NIS2.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Hmmm

Ok thank you for that info, so basically I am just running the speaker wires from the PAC to the aftermarket wiring harness?

Old 05-05-2011, 03:03 PM
oops nevermind

Alright Wrathernut, nevermind, I found where you commited on this very item on a previous thread.

It connects between the factory harness and the harness that came with your radio.

For the most part, it's simply matching color-for-color.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need Audio install help for '04 G35 sedan