Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

My FI List - tell me what you think :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
My Skyline FI List - HKS Single Turbo tell me what you think :)

HKS ST Kit Included are the following components:
GT3037 turbine (56T A/R 1.12)
GT wastegate
Intercooler assembly
Exhaust manifold
Adapter flange
Front pipe
W/G inlet pipe
The metal catalytic converter
Bypass pipe
Oil pan
Baffle plate
Chamber pipe x4
Suction pipe x2
Various miscellaneous parts

Addition to this Kit Im thinking:
Walbro 255 Pump or DeatschWerks 300 pump
DeatschWerks 600cc injectors
Turbo XS UTEC with Map sensor
- boost solenoid
- map selector
- Is it worth getting the in cabin knock sensor?
ACT HD 6 puck clutch
Lots of heat wrap for all pipes/hoses
MISHIMOTO Racing Thermostat
Radiator cap: any .13 bar ones

Now i dont know if i need
Radiator: MISHIMOTO - Note 350Z will NOT fit G35 just in case you were wondering !
Oil cooler: ebay ones??? size NFI
Upgraded rad hoses SAMCO
Wideband O2 device Zeitronics ZT-2

Already installed
BC Racing BR Coilovers
Stoptech performance pads
Iridium NKG LFR5AIX-11 (NA Engines) - Will need to be changed to 1 Step Colder - NGK 6619LFR6AIX-11 (FI Engines). 2309 LFR7AIX is 2 step coolder FYI
Oil catch can with upgraded lines
Fujitsubo Exhaust and mid pipe 3 "
Megan HR Y pipe 3 "
N-power Resonated Test pipes - heat wrapped 2.5 to 3 "
Motordyne 5/16 spacer
Z-tube (taking off when FI)
JWolf pop charger (taking off when FI)
Mobil 1 EP Oil + Mobil 1 Biger oil filter

CAR

03 6MT with Brembos
22,000 miles now
Oil and filter change every 3100miles
Used as DD
Not tracked but would like to every now and again (4x a year?)
I dont drop the clutch or do burn outs, change from 1-2nd under 2K then 3-4K for other gear changes
Used in mountain/canyon runs once a week to once a fortnight where its like 30-1 hour with 15-30min non stop runs at 4-5500K changes and using 2nd - 3rd gear for cornering where RPM is 5000-6000rpm esp down hill.

Power aim: DO not want to go over 400rwhp, i want my car so have more potential but use lower boost (8-9psi) so i am over protecting my engine..

Thanks Guys

Last edited by R6n350GT; 04-13-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: I will keep editing this as i get the info i need so it will help others and be more readable
Old 04-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
PMed.. btw post pics of your car.. i bet everyone would be intrested in seeing a true "Skyline"

Last edited by nyqueenz; 04-12-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:28 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
New warbro 255lph pumps are $90 I wouldn't trust my engine with an ebay fuel pump. The Utec is also not the best but if your tuner is comfortable with it you should be ok. I would get the knock sensor and a wide band is very important. I ran my car at 375-420whp with stock rad and no oil cooler however if it is in the budget I would get the oil cooler and upgrade the rad.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by Sylvan lake V35
New warbro 255lph pumps are $90 I wouldn't trust my engine with an ebay fuel pump. The Utec is also not the best but if your tuner is comfortable with it you should be ok. I would get the knock sensor and a wide band is very important. I ran my car at 375-420whp with stock rad and no oil cooler however if it is in the budget I would get the oil cooler and upgrade the rad.
Ok so get genuine Walbro, does much go wrong with used ones, even if only 200miles?
With the Utec my tuner hasnt used that one sepcifically but there is NO other alternative so he asked me to get him the software to read the Utec, can anyone help me with this?
Is there a document to install the Utec like this ? http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...tach_id=220281

Ok so ill save up and get the knock sensor, any good places to mount it?
What wide band? I want mine hidden like in the cubby above stereo (i dont have NAVI).
And what suggestions for radiator and oil cooler, is one more important that the other if i cant get both at once?
I will def get the better thermostat and .13bar rad cap.

I just changed to NKG Iridium IX - #4469 LFR5AIX-11 spark plugs 2,000kms ago. These no good? What model of plug to i need?

Here is my car

Inside shot!!! Sorry i forgot Lance haha

Last edited by R6n350GT; 04-13-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont forget u need a good engine management. I have an use HKS VPRO for sale if ure interested. This is one of the best EMS out there.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
dont forget u need a good engine management. I have an use HKS VPRO for sale if ure interested. This is one of the best EMS out there.
Thanks for the info

Will i need a boost controller with the Utec, nyqueenz ?
http://www.turboxs.com/shop/product.php?id_product=244

Last edited by R6n350GT; 04-13-2011 at 02:27 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:28 AM
Originally Posted by R6n350GT
Thanks for the info

Will i need a boost controller with the Utec, nyqueenz ?
http://www.turboxs.com/shop/product.php?id_product=244
You will need a boost controller.. anytype will do.. I have the EVC VI..

http://captwholesale.com/i-217985.aspx

or you can go manual..
http://www.google.com/products/catal...=0CJgBEPMCMAg#

Last edited by nyqueenz; 04-13-2011 at 03:32 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:43 AM
Ok so get genuine Walbro, does much go wrong with used ones, even if only 200miles?
With the Utec my tuner hasnt used that one sepcifically but there is NO other alternative so he asked me to get him the software to read the Utec, can anyone help me with this?
Is there a document to install the Utec like this ? http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...tach_id=220281

Ok so ill save up and get the knock sensor, any good places to mount it?
What wide band? I want mine hidden like in the cubby above stereo (i dont have NAVI).
And what suggestions for radiator and oil cooler, is one more important that the other if i cant get both at once?
I will def get the better thermostat and .13bar rad cap.

I just changed to NKG Iridium IX - #4469 LFR5AIX-11 spark plugs 2,000kms ago. These no good? What model of plug to i need?

Here is my car
No inside shots...lol

you want to go 1 step colder on the NKGs.. minimize detonation.. also never go Skippy on your fuel system.. you are gonna have to have someone make you a return sys and run lines from your fuel tank to your engine bay and fuel rails, your also gonna need a fuel pressure reg. APR I think makes a good one.

I'll look into the software for you.. BTW I have a top notch tuner I deal with who can turn your car to drive completely stock on boost (I think my base map and low boost map will be ok for your power ranges).. .. I'll ask tomorrow to see if what all is needed and if its compatible to your Nissan.

here is my car onlow boost.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Hi, I was reading this thread
http://my350z.com/forum/tuning/18932...pgrade-23.html

And stumbled upon this software:
http://mpsav.com/MPSUTECLogger/MPS_U...r_Download.htm
Lance how exactly did your tuner and other tuners tune with Utec?
I though I would have to get a TUNER REG SYSTEM from turboxs and use thier software to tune?

But with that software link is a tuner able to buy a cable and plug the Utec straight into the laptop and tune away using the full features of the Utec unit?
Will I need the boost solanoid or anything for the Utec to tune correctly?
If so it's stupid how it wont allow u to program it from the stock box...

Lance what is the cooler plug model called? and dam you re fuel return lines, arrggg how about i pay u to make me some, look hard or i gotta pay $500 for a set..
Thanks for helping me with all the questions

Last edited by R6n350GT; 04-13-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Hi, I was reading this thread
http://my350z.com/forum/tuning/18932...pgrade-23.html

And stumbled upon this software:
http://mpsav.com/MPSUTECLogger/MPS_U...r_Download.htm
Lance how exactly did your tuner and other tuners tune with Utec?
I though I would have to get a TUNER REG SYSTEM from turboxs and use thier software to tune?

But with that software link is a tuner able to buy a cable and plug the Utec straight into the laptop and tune away using the full features of the Utec unit?
Will I need the boost solanoid or anything for the Utec to tune correctly?
If so it's stupid how it wont allow u to program it from the stock box...

Lance what is the cooler plug model called? and dam you re fuel return lines, arrggg how about i pay u to make me some, look hard or i gotta pay $500 for a set..
Thanks for helping me with all the questions
My tuner tuned it on the dyno using his laptop.. The software all comes with the utec cables, CD.. I would have to put you intouch with my tuner on the more specific questions you ask..

As far as boost contolling goes. I beleive my HKS controled the wasigates and not the utec. I dont know too much about the boost solanoid.. and i dont beleive i have that.

As far as a fuel return sys. You can build a basic kit but all the an fittings and lines and stuff is a pain in the *** to peice together. better off buyin a complete one.

PM me if you need anynore advice or have anymore questions.. i'll point you in the right direction

Old 04-14-2011, 02:33 AM
Ya you want colder plugs than stock I cant recall the part number but mine might be too cold for you i run 2 or 3 steps colder than stock. I have an Innovate wideband but I have had bad luck with them other say they love them, I actually run one for each cylinder bank and I dont have any pictures but i have both gauges above the CD player in the navi cubby.

I like the fog lights on the 350GT!!

Old 04-14-2011, 04:09 AM
Originally Posted by Sylvan lake V35
Ya you want colder plugs than stock I cant recall the part number but mine might be too cold for you i run 2 or 3 steps colder than stock. I have an Innovate wideband but I have had bad luck with them other say they love them, I actually run one for each cylinder bank and I dont have any pictures but i have both gauges above the CD player in the navi cubby.

I like the fog lights on the 350GT!!
Thanks !

Oh and i found the spark plug info
1 Step Colder - NGK 6619LFR6AIX-11 (FI Engines).
2309 LFR7AIX is 2 step coolder

Post some pics of up your setup !

Old 04-14-2011, 12:39 PM

Post some pics of up your setup !
I am not sure what you want specifically? I dont really have any current shots I have made lots of changes....like the water bottle for an overflow is gone Anyway more pictures of the car and some older setups are in the garage under my Screen Name.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Did u upgrade radiator? If so what is it and did u do oil cooler also

Old 04-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Nice, i ment gages and engine bar but car is nice. Did u upgrade radiator? If so what is it and did u do oil cooler also and what Is it, any pics of mounting it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My FI List - tell me what you think :)