Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Aux input Cuts in and out on G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aux input Cuts in and out on G35

I Have a 2005 G35, I recently installed an iSimple kit everything is set up fine music is loud and works well, but when the music is playing through the aux input and through my phone it tends to cut in and out even if I am playing through my ipod. you can see the music playing but it cuts out from the speakers for some reason.

Any Ideas why my aux input cuts in and out when playing?

I was frustrated and took it apart again, I disconnected the connection that I thought maybe the satellite plug as it may be searching for a signal but that didnt help either. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:07 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Can you describe it more? How often does it happen, and if you move the 3.5mm cable to phone around, does it make it come back? Often times, a lot of those 3.5 cables are sh*t and if you don't get it at the right angle they go out.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:03 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Plug any other source into it and see if the problem continues.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:56 AM
It happens sporadically once I have any audio device plugged in. I have tried multiple audio devices and it still cuts out every few seconds, which makes it nearly impossible to listen to music through the aux input. I am using an iSimple kit which plugs directly into the back of the head unit and then to my iphone charging port so it can charge and play at the same time. After I first installed it and noticed this problem I thought the problem could be from the satellite radio trying to find a connection so I went through and tested all of the harnesses and the one I thought was the harness for satellite radio I disconnected. The problem still persists so I am at a loss…

When I get home tonight, I will attempt to hook up a 3.5mm to the isimple then to an audio device and see if the same problem persists.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:35 PM
that sucks, i was just thinking of getting that iSimple for my car from best buy...I had the same type of problem when i used the regular FM transmitter and it happened when the ipod slightly moved, those wires are retarded

Old 10-26-2011, 04:05 PM
it may not be the iSimple kit in general, it may work well for you as it has many others and I hope once I figure out how to get this fixed I will enjoy it as well. I may have a faulty ipod chord. Who knows. Hopefully I figure it out, radio blows...

Old 10-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Radios do blow!

Old 10-28-2011, 04:59 PM
even after using a 3.5 mm jack out of tge isimple it cuts in and out any ideas what i can try now?

Old 10-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Re-check the wiring on the harnesses. If it wasn't soldered, redo all the connections - get it soldered instead of crimps or whatever else was used.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Hey, Just curious if you found a solution to the problem. I bought the isimple kit for myself for Christmas and just installed it last night with the exact same issue. (I have a 2005 G35 6mt coupe) I took apart everything again tonight and reconnected and still have the same problem. I feel like I'm back in the days of the Sony Discman on a run. I may be calling Customer Service tomorrow. If they can't fix it, its going back.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bump guys. Which harness is the satellite tuner???? The stupid isimple instruction are worthless. What about those dip switches?

Old 01-02-2012, 06:44 PM
the isimple instructions ARE worthless. The dipswitches are to invert some settings that change when the new harness is installed.

There isn't a specific satellite connection. Here's how I set it up. not sure which model car you have, but on my 05 coupe manual transmission, when looking at the back of the radio, I took out the top left and bottom right 12 and 10 pin ports. Then plug in the appropriate pieces from the isimple harness and attach the remaining two ports to the ones you took out of the back of the radio. There's only one way for it to fit.

To get to the aux once installed hit the RADIO button until it says SAT and then hit TUNE DOWN until it says AUXILIARY 1. Then put your ipod music on.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by strumabanjo
the isimple instructions ARE worthless. The dipswitches are to invert some settings that change when the new harness is installed.

There isn't a specific satellite connection. Here's how I set it up. not sure which model car you have, but on my 05 coupe manual transmission, when looking at the back of the radio, I took out the top left and bottom right 12 and 10 pin ports. Then plug in the appropriate pieces from the isimple harness and attach the remaining two ports to the ones you took out of the back of the radio. There's only one way for it to fit.

To get to the aux once installed hit the RADIO button until it says SAT and then hit TUNE DOWN until it says AUXILIARY 1. Then put your ipod music on.
I got it to work by simply unplugging the satellite harness in the trunk. However, my one problem now is that the right front door speaker cuts in and out... Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. Anyways, I don't think it happened before, so one of the wires may be pinched. I would need to check. I also got a check engine light code p1065, but I think that is due to the open harness I left in the trunk for the satellite. Anyways, I taped it up and reset the ecu and the CEL is now gone.

Jeremy

The following users liked this post:
strumabanjo (01-04-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 07:24 PM
isimple got back to me today and mentioned that I probably had to unplug the satellite in the trunk. Really good to know about the CEL code! I imagine I'll be having the same situation.

Megan

Old 01-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by strumabanjo
isimple got back to me today and mentioned that I probably had to unplug the satellite in the trunk. Really good to know about the CEL code! I imagine I'll be having the same situation.

Megan
Make sure you wrap the plug in electrical tape so it doesn't cause any shorts. I did that to mine and the CEL is gone after resetting the ECU. My right front speaker is crackling tho and not sure if i pinched a wire back there or it's starting to go...

Jeremy