Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Pioneer -- "Caution: screen image may appear reversed"

Old 05-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pioneer -- "Caution: screen image may appear reversed"

OK, before I start getting flames telling me this is an Infiniti forum, that I should search the forum and/or Internet, or call Pioneer -- I have done all of the above and have not been able to get an answer. Pioneer could not help me either. I am hoping some of the brain-power on this forum might have an answer for me...

Vehicle is an 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe. I have a Pioneer AVH-P3400BH DVD multimedia receiver. I have connected the Pioneer ND-BC5 rear view camera. I have used the purple wire behind the drivers kick panel for the "reverse sensing" of the back-up lamp / lights.

Everything works fine. When the car is turned on (either ACC or ON with engine running) and I put the car in reverse then the radio switches to the rear view camera display and I see the reversed (mirror) image. I also see a message that states:
Caution:
Screen image may appear reversed
This message stays on regardless of the duration of viewing the rear view image and does not go away after some period of time. Is this standard operation?

Is there some way to disable this warning/caution message...???

Thank you -- Cameron

Old 05-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
This is just a disclaimer from Pioneer, saying that depending on which camera you have, the image displayed on the screen will be reversed.

Nothing serious.

It's like when you put most new cars in reverse, the Navi screen will show the backup camera image, but it will also show a disclaimer at the bottom saying "Check surroundings for safety" or "Turn and look before backing".

Old 05-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
he he he -- I know (understand) that it is a disclaimer, but it is ANNOYING and sometimes it "obstructs" the object(s) that I am actually trying to view. I want to remove the message, if possible, or at least make the message disappear after displaying for a short duration.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by cninham
he he he -- I know (understand) that it is a disclaimer, but it is ANNOYING and sometimes it "obstructs" the object(s) that I am actually trying to view. I want to remove the message, if possible, or at least make the message disappear after displaying for a short duration.
It is not possible unless you are a software engineer and are able to hack the on-board software to re-write some of the code. If it was possible any other way, there would have been an option in the menu system. But I doubt pioneer would put something like that in there since it is a disclaimer and could end up costing them a crap load of money in lawsuits.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Received 272 Likes on 222 Posts
I have the same car and AVH-P4300DVD with Audiovox Car ACA200W and I get no disclaimer what so ever when I put it into reverse.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
its the same with any in dash navi

you have to "accept" the warning to do anything with the navi.

Just the way the lawyers cover the company.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
If you ever find a post to this please post it, I'd like to remove that from my screen as well. Don't let the man tell you how to live your life..

Old 07-01-2016, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Screen image may appear reversed

How to solve this issue? I have pioneer avh 1450dvd and thosr word stilll showup in the screen

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.