FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Jacking Your G

Old 08-02-2003, 06:03 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Jacking Your G

Here is the pic of the G35 Jack Points.

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

Attached Thumbnails Jacking Your G-g35-jack-points-.jpg   Jacking Your G-g35-jack-points-b.jpg  
Old 08-02-2003, 06:18 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Jacking Your G

Here is the rubber covered replacement saddle I bought for my floor jack and the mod to my jack-stands using hardwood.

To raise each corner of the car, I use the jackstand as close as possible to the reinforced jack points as indicated above. The replacement saddle spreads the load area and prevents any damage. I then place the slot of the modded jackstand under the body sill rail at the jackpoint and lower the car slowly onto the stand.

The central jack point at the rear differential can be use to raise both rear wheels. It's almost impossible to use the front central jack point to raise both front wheels unless you have a very low profile floor jack.

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

Attached Thumbnails Jacking Your G-jack-stand.jpg  
Old 11-16-2003, 04:12 PM
G35driver.com Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ANYBODY HAVE THE JACK POINTS FOR THE COUPE???
plz PM me, thanks!

(i couldnt find it in the ESM)

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake

Old 11-16-2003, 04:51 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey bro. You Jack the Coupe more or less at the same points: Just under the rockers you'll see a .5" seam. The jack points are close to the front and rear of that seam. I've attached a pic of the rear driver's side jack point. Notice the 2 notches.
If you don't have the saddle that Gordgee illustrated, you'll have to stick with the OEM jack.
GSM
PS- Don't mind the 'privet' growing out of the suspension. She was gardening today.[img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

139516-Jack Point R.jpg

Old 11-21-2003, 07:37 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

medoug (Journeyman)
11/21/03 07:17 PM

This should probably be added to Gordgee's "Jacking your G" thread in the FAQ & DIY section, but I couldn't figure out how to post it there. If one of the moderators see enough merit to this information, I'll assume that they can edit it and move it there.

Addition to Jacking your G:

When I changed to my snow tires using the scissor jack supplied with the car, I noticed that the hole that the jack handle goes into was wearing bigger and becoming oblong from just changing 4 tires. The jack material appears to be really soft. I never had this problem with my previous car's scissor jack despite several tire rotations. Obviously, the G35's jack is meant to be used only a few times for emergencies.

So, since I will be swapping winter and summer tires for the next several years, I broke down and bought a cheap hydraulic floor jack. Unfortunately, as Gordgee mentioned, most hydraulic jacks can't get low enough for jacking up the front end of the G35 coupe. I easily solved the problem, however, by driving the front wheels onto a couple of 2x10's. This provided just enough extra height to get my jack under the front axle. If I drive past the end of the 2x10’s, its not a big deal (like driving over a set of 10 inch high car ramps!). I still have to make the necessary modification plates for my jackstands before actually crawling under the car to change my oil.

Also, there appears to be 2 front central jacking points on the coupe. These jack points look like they were perfectly designed to mate with a floor jack. (On the rear central point I saw no such features so I just set the jack under the differential.) The 2 front jack points are spaced less than 1 foot apart from each other centered directly below the front axle. Because neither of these jack points is exactly at the center of the car, it is difficult (it requires a lot higher jacking) to lift both wheels off of the ground together. Perhaps this is a safety feature so that one front wheel always remains on the ground.

G35 Coupe 6MT / Brilliant Silver / Graphite / Prem.Pkg. / BSM

Doug.

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>