Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 05:20 AM
Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts
nice..subbed for reading and use later.
thanks

Old 02-02-2017, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not to bring back this dead thread, but i need some help... 04 coupe AT. removed front seats and all seat belts. did racing buckets in the front with 4pt cam lock harnesses all the way around. Fabbed up some static brackets for the front as factory frames wouldn't work. new seat didn't have air bags and i removed pre-tensioners along with the old belts, so you bet your sweet a** that air bag light was going bonkers. was throwing back 2 errors, LH side air bag module. (the air bag in the seat) removed bag out of factory seat, reconnected, reset procedure, one code left, LH pretensioner, i threw out the pretensioner by mistake... bought 2.2 ohm resistors for the air bag modules. but i could not get them to cancel the code. so ended up plugging back in the air bag core after removing the bag and plastic cover. but the passenger side has not given any issues, but it has had mirrored modifications as the driver side. why hasn't it thrown a code? do the 04 coupes have the passenger air bag off light? because I've had the car a couple of years and never noticed it. (if no passenger in the seat, or under 80 lb the air bag should be turned off.) but idk if the car has that feature. does it have a pressure sensor in the passenger seat? i was unable to find anything on my stock seat of that nature. i just want to make sure that my passengers would be safe and their airbag would indeed deploy. back to the seat belt pre-tensioner, a member on here in a different thread I was searching for answers in, read the ohms of his pretensioner to be 0.3k-0.2k. so i took 3 of my 2.2k resistors, and wrapped them together. 0.2k exactly. thought for sure it would cancel my last code. nope. same result for him. i have no idea how the system can differentiate them from the sensor, but it does. and now my air bag WILL NOT GO OUT. i have tried everything under the sun, I have another thread, not entirely updated, but I'm the only one posting in it so it is what it is. just hoping to get the attention of someone who can help!