DIY: Install USA Spec PA15-INF in 03-06 Sedans!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah that should be it. Should plug right into the amp.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay so I feel really dumb right now the whole time I thought it plugs in into that white connector...so its the amp not the connector then...wow

Old 11-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Sorry - misread this last night. The plug in the photo is where you'll plug in the module. Then just ground the harness on the amp.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jesus Christ I feel so dumb rightnow hahaha. anyway it is working now...I kept hitting the radio but it didn't work the CD button worked I have it on AUX gotta say the sound quality is better than CD player!

So for the candian guys if your car got the plug in the back it will also work! hope I can help someone else with this since I did a lot of re search to do this.

Old 08-13-2014, 02:01 PM
Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts
Bringing this thread back again as I am currently doing this, I didnt see any mention of bolt/screw size used for the ground wire in the trunk, I cant seem to find a size that will both fit the ground tab and securely thread into one of the holes in the frame.. input?

Old 08-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GraphiteX
Bringing this thread back again as I am currently doing this, I didnt see any mention of bolt/screw size used for the ground wire in the trunk, I cant seem to find a size that will both fit the ground tab and securely thread into one of the holes in the frame.. input?
I used a bolt/lockwasher/nut that was a little smaller than the hole in the trunk sheet metal that was nearby. If I recall, the sheet metal was painted so you may need to scratch a bit around the grounding tab to make good contact.

The following users liked this post:
GraphiteX (08-13-2014)
Old 08-30-2014, 09:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone have any suggestions for removing the clips that support the upper and back panels of the trunk? They're the ones GreenPengiun mentions in his first post (picstures #2 and 3). I can kind of get them unhinged but can't get them to come out on the rear trunk panel. I have no idea what's a good way to access the ones that hold the upper panel in place... there's barely any room there to slot in a flat-head.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by deathsupport
Does anyone have any suggestions for removing the clips that support the upper and back panels of the trunk? They're the ones GreenPengiun mentions in his first post (picstures #2 and 3). I can kind of get them unhinged but can't get them to come out on the rear trunk panel. I have no idea what's a good way to access the ones that hold the upper panel in place... there's barely any room there to slot in a flat-head.
Are you talking about the round black push-clips? I don't remember any other clips in theree. These were pretty easy to take out. Look at them closely, you'll see that they are in two pieces. An inner pin pushes into an outer ring. Use a thin blade like a jackknife between the pin and the ring to pop it out about half an inch, then pull both pieces out with your fingers.

The key is popping the inner pin out of the ring half an inch before pulling it all out.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:53 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Originally Posted by deathsupport
Those are the nasty clips. They actually have a specialty tool for them, and I know why. They are the nasty clips. See the post linked below for a pic of the clip you're dealing with and read the thread for how I got them out. I'm sure there's a better bailing wire and bubble gum method than mine, but that's how I did it.

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...ml#post6735054

Old 09-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G2B35AGN
Those are the nasty clips. They actually have a specialty tool for them, and I know why. They are the nasty clips. See the post linked below for a pic of the clip you're dealing with and read the thread for how I got them out. I'm sure there's a better bailing wire and bubble gum method than mine, but that's how I did it.

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...ml#post6735054
Wow, thanks for the tip. So, once I manage to get them loose I just need to keep pulling? It almost feels like I'll break something because they're so stubborn.

Old 09-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Yep just keep pulling. You're sure to break something...it will be either your skin or a knuckle. But the nasty clip will be fine.

The following users liked this post:
deathsupport (09-01-2014)
Old 09-03-2014, 03:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just wanted to add my two cents since I am looking into doing this.

1) My SAT connector is located at the top passenger side, not at the bottom as shown in the photo.

2) if you are removing the back seat you might want to consider tightening up the "X" brace while you are in there as it is known to sometimes start squeaking. DIY here >>> https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...-creaking.html

Last edited by COBRA ESQ; 09-03-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey guys, I'm trying to install this on my 06 coupe and I'm having issues. The iPod won't even detect that it's connected (doesn't charge). I have set the switches to ABC setting and I tried the others but no luck. Sometimes the iPod will detect but not I can't select it on the head unit. The iPod displays "Ford" and "ok to disconnect now".

I'm really g35ting frustrated because I don't see what's wrong. I've been working on it for 2 days and it should take 5 minutes to connect everything.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks