Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Cd Err Fo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jayjay1122
She said I held the eject button and with another cd i poked the disk that was in the player and they all came out. I was like wha????? I asked if she pushed down on the cd and she said no she just went straight in and try tappin the cd that was spinning when the eject button was pushed and it came out. I asked her how she come up with doing that? She says it happens to her all the time in her van and thats how she gets them out.

This is for all the people who got the CD ERR FO message. So you wont have to take it to the dealer with out without a warranty. This is especially for people without the warranty, im sure you could use the 350 they would charge you to fix the HU.

I am not calling you or mom a liar, but this is for a "CD ERR FO" in Infinity Cars with the 6 disc Bose HU???

Just so we are clear here she holds down the EJECT button and taps the CD in the carriage with another CD and all 6 eject?

I am gonna try it cause I am desperate, but it really does not sound possible!!

NOT in a million years can this work!!

Sorry 15, I call BS

Old 04-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jayjay1122
NOT in a million years can this work!!

Sorry 15, I call BS
THANK YOU!

I've had the same cd err fo on my G35 for almost a year.
When I brought it to the dealer he told me I'd need a new mother board that would cost over $1000 and I should live without the cd player.
I had given up, but saw this, just tried the solution and YIPEE! I'm back in business!!!
I didn't run the engine...just turned the power on. Held the eject button and slid and jiggled another cd in the slot pushing at the one I could hear spinning. Kept at it. "Eject DC I" flashed, but nothing happened. Then "Eject all cds" came up on the display. I kept poking a bit with the cd. Sure enough, all my cds ejected. I loaded one up, it played, I ejected it and it came out. Gotta love the internet!
Thanks!

Old 04-08-2008, 12:29 PM
nice find where was this 3 months ago. lol. i had a lucky experience with
the cd err fo. but with mine i had hit a pot hole really hard while my gf was playing with the radio and hit the eject button and then the cd's came out. i was like eh what stupid luck. but now i see there maybe a science to it. thanks

Old 05-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Didn't work for me

Glad you guys got yours working again. Tried this for about 15 minutes turning the ACC on/off several times, I got the eject cd 1 and eject all cd's several times but they never ejected. I was able to click on the cd buttons and it would say eject cd 2,3, etc... but it would never eject any. I guess id depends on the internal error, I guess mine is the really bad error. Sucks to be me.

-Joel

Old 05-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I mean worst case scenario, there are some stock HU's on eBay...they're like $75-$350

Old 06-04-2008, 11:06 AM
it didnt work for me but im gonna try one more time before i take the HU apart.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Awesome, this just happened to mine lol. I tried using the eject/tapping the disc with another and got 4 of 6 CD's out of the HU. Now discs 1 & 2 are still stuck, and it makes this horrendous noise when the disc tries to spin...looks like I'll be taking it to the dealer as well.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:28 PM
And randomly it started working again, haha what the hell

Old 06-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
ok.. mine was making a clicking noise before it gave me the F0 error..
now nothing spins, it's dead silent..
I got the message "ALL EJECT" but no motor movement..
am i F ed?

Old 06-17-2008, 05:57 PM
i got my disc changer removed from the HU but keep running into tiny scews which are a pain in the *** to get out, hopefully i can locate the problem before i end up with just a bag of parts.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by joedaddy1
ok.. mine was making a clicking noise before it gave me the F0 error..
now nothing spins, it's dead silent..
I got the message "ALL EJECT" but no motor movement..
am i F ed?
That's EXACTLY what mine did. I just started punching the side of the dash next to the HU, and held eject while tapping the CDs with another CD. Took like 3 days of doing that off and on, now it works. *knocks on wood*

Old 06-27-2008, 09:55 AM
This morning on my way to work I got the infamous error. I didn't have a problem with getting the cd's out, but now I can't play a CD. Should I give it a rest and try again later or will I need to replace it?

Old 06-27-2008, 12:07 PM
The CD player on my G gave out back in February (CD ERR FO) I hate not having a CD player! I tryed this method but no luck so far. Im gonna try punching the sides of the dash while holding the Eject button.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by 03ivorypearl
This morning on my way to work I got the infamous error. I didn't have a problem with getting the cd's out, but now I can't play a CD. Should I give it a rest and try again later or will I need to replace it?

I worked it about 10 mins whenever I drove it, and finally it decided to not be stupid anymore. It made the clicking noise again the other day but didn't give me any errors. Piece of junk

Old 06-27-2008, 04:25 PM
I have been living with the clicking noise for about a year now, but it would still play and change the CD. I'll probably end up going with the JDM DD. Now my only peeve about it will be that my dual climate button won't be black, since I have the willow interior. Sucks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cd Err Fo