Notices

Side Marker Fuse Blown

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, it was late last night. Everything was fine a few days ago. For some reason the right. Fog light went out, looked at it and it was fine. Play with the switch and once I turn on the high beams both fog went on. Left it as it was. Now my door signal and cluster light only work with the car on ignition.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
That's a bit easier to understand, but the internet diagnosis is the same as before. Go have your battery tested.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Ok, good battery

Old 02-04-2011, 11:05 PM
hi i have the problem with the dashboard, i can't control , the dashboard freeze. Help fix that problem. thank team.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Got almost all my interior lights back after changing door bulb with light on and screw driver slipped, touched both connectors and shorted the circuit. I lost interior domes, doors, A/C and heater function, but more importantly my my gauges and their lights. None of my gauges work. ALL of my fuses checked good visually. Finally disconnected negative battery terminal and reattached and got everything back EXCEPT instruments/gauges-all dark and dead. Any ideas? How about fusible links, relays, etc.?

Old 04-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Visual check is ok, but you really need to use a multimeter to be certain.

Did you check all three fuse boxes? There's two in the battery compartment and the one in the driver's kick panel.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:34 PM
I checked EVERY pull out fuse in all three boxes. The fusible links visually look OK. I have disconnected the battery for a couple minutes and re-connected- no luck. No instrument gauges work nor do they have back lights. It seems to be affecting my performance too. When I moderately jump on it, it stumbles. Tranny? Driving smoothly it does OK. All this from shorting a door bulb, geeeez.

So no instrument gauges or lights and mirror is not powered either.

Any ideas out there?

Old 04-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the help. I never knew about this box either and sure enough when I checked that fuse was blown. However, I replaced it and right away it blew again. Finnally I figured out my LED lights were causing the problem. I had leds in the side marker, clock light, parking light (headlight) and on my license plate. I took them all out and put the fuse in and it worked. I then did some troubleshooting testing with just the side markers etc and it turns out that the led in my clock light were the culprit. I realized that putting too many leds that all rely on the 10a fuse in the mystery box will probably cuase it too blow because its too much for it to handle. I'm gonna put a regular light back in the clock and just keep the leds in the side marker. I also pulled the parking light leds and license plate ones. Hope I don't get any more problems

Old 05-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
used this today..after searching for about an hour for the fuse...thanks for the write up!!!

Old 06-25-2011, 11:48 AM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
Thank you!

Old 06-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Wow thanks so much for this! I installed a faulty led bulb and blew that exact fuse! my tail lights weren't working along with the clearance and side marker lights. You don't even have to remove the battery! THANKS!

Old 08-08-2011, 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by CAtoPA6mt
kind of a similar situation.. i was trying to switch LED bulbs into my side markers and when i swapped them in the first time i was stupid enough to leave lights running (cuz i wanted to see them light up so i knew they were in the right way).. it light up for a split second and then all 4 of my sidemarker lights and some others went out. got it fixed and tried it again with the lights off, but when i turned them back on, the same thing happened. had to get it fixed again.. now im too scared to replace the bulb, anyone have any suggestions? thanks
Hey man im having the same issue with my 05 G35. I was installing some aftermarket LED and all 4 lights went out. My guess is I blew a fuse somewhere but I didn't want to go threw the trouble of figuring out which one it was by trial and error. If you can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Please send me a PM or respond to this thread, thanks in advance.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:36 AM
I blew my fuse today, I knew there had to be more than two fuse boxes, so I came and checked this site, it saved me alot of time, I replaced the fuse for my tail lights, now everything is working again except for the damn dash light, so same problem as flyingz

Old 02-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank god for this thread. My license plate light was the culprit. I took my car to get repaired and the body shop put led lights in my license plate light.

I swapped them out with the oem peanut bulbs and problem solved. I should have checked that first it would have saved me 3 blown fuses.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Blown Fuse for steering column radio controls

Hello Everyone, Debbie here. This is my first post on the forum. I have a 2005 Coupe. My controls on the left of my steering column quit working. Does anyone know where those fuses are located?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Side Marker Fuse Blown