Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Help reprogramming remote key fob

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help reprogramming remote key fob

Hey I need to reprogram my keyless remote because only 1 of the 2 actually works(And the batteries are fine) but I'm a little confused on how to program the second one so any help would be appreciatedStep 5 is where I'm lost)

1. Close all doors and lock all doors

2. Insert and remove the key from the ignition key cylinder more than six times within 10 seconds.
(The hazard warning lamp will then flash.)
NOTE:
Key should be withdrawn from ignition key cylinder completely each time.

NOTE:
Do not rush the insertion/removal key cycling process. The side
marker/tail/license lamps and interior illumination will flash twice when this step is
accurately completed.

3. Insert key on ignition key cylinder and turn ignition key switch to "AAC" position
At this time, the new ID code is entered and original (previous) ID codes are erase.

4. Press any button on the new remote controller once. (The hazard warning lamp will then flash)

NOTE:
Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button
is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.
The side marker/tail/license lamps and interior illumination will flash twice when this
step is accurately completed and programming is successful.

If there is only one remote controller skip step 5.

5. Additional ID code entry
Release the door lock, then lock again with door lock/unlock switch
(In power window main switch)

6. Remove key from ignition

7. Unlock driver side door, open driver side door and then close the door. (END)

NOTE:
If you need to activate more than two additional new remote controllers, repeat
the procedure on step 5 "Additional ID code entry" for each new remote controller.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Banned
i did this and thought it didnt work. I hoped out my car went inside, read the website agian, and while walking back to my car I pressed a button and it worked.

I think the part i missed was unlocking the door manually while i was sitting in the car banging my head wondering why it didnt work....

Try agian partner

Old 06-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I never reprogrammed the fob but the way I understand it is if you have to manually unlock the door (not using the power switch) and then lock the car using the power switch. Then press whatever button on the fob.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Allright got both of them working now. Thanks Ljn you were right about manually unlocking it. Took about 30 total seconds to get them both done

Old 06-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
damn you guys rock. i just made my old 350z key fob work for the g in like 15 sec.... thats why this site rocks....
could have used this like 2 weeks ago when i locked my keys in the trunk...

Old 06-21-2007, 04:29 AM
I think these instructions are much clearer. I just bought a new keyless entry for my g35 and they gave me these instrcutions
1. Close and lock all doors with the driver's side power lock/unlock switch.
2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. (Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time). If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.
3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position
4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the keyless remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. (Do not press the button more than one time in the above step). If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.
5. If there are any remaining remotes (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver's side, power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. Repeat this step for each keyless remote (including any existing keyless remotes).
6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors to the driver's side power/unlock switch and open the driver side door

Old 06-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by PatrickBoz
Allright got both of them working now. Thanks Ljn you were right about manually unlocking it. Took about 30 total seconds to get them both done
Glad to be our service brah. I think the best kind of instruction would be real photos of the step by step process.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Thanks for having this on here, tried using it a few times but wasn't doing the insertions fast enough. I got the car from used car dealer and only got one key, I need three total keys to use the third for my remote start kit. How much will dealer charge me to program 2 transponder keys with the chips?? I hear it's an arm and a leg.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:20 AM
^ Try your local locksmith before going to the dealer. I've heard duplicate keys from the dealer are around $150. Some locksmiths have the equipment to make transponder keys.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Truck button sounding alarm?

Hey y'all! I don't want to start a new thread yet, so I'll post here first.

So I got an ASTU15 fob off of ebay for $20 and programmed it per the instructions here, but for some odd reason, my trunk "hold" button sets off my alarm as well as the alarm button. No buttons open the trunk. Has anyone else seen this happen before?

-Andrew

Old 03-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Are the instructional steps above for the keyless start fob, the intelligent key. I have a 2006 G35 coupe and I just replaced the battery and now it is really intermitant as to when it will unlock, allow starting, or even lock.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:04 AM
i just replaced my wind screen due to a crack from a stone. And now my remote doesnt seem to be able to work. I just changed to new batteries and I tried the procedures but after the 6th time inserting the key in, the doors unlock by itself, is this normal?

i cant seem to get it working at all...
1. Close and lock all doors with the driver's side power lock/unlock switch. - done
2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. (Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time). If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode. - my door lock open by themselves - i cant procedure beyond this stage.

3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position
4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the keyless remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. (Do not press the button more than one time in the above step). If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.
5. If there are any remaining remotes (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver's side, power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. Repeat this step for each keyless remote (including any existing keyless remotes).
6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors to the driver's side power/unlock switch and open the driver side door

Last edited by stingray1211; 03-07-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:00 PM
This took me no longer than 30 secs
thanks alot

Old 02-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Awesome guide thanks! Helped me program in less then 1 Minute

Old 03-19-2010, 11:13 AM
I just bought a ASTU15 remote from eBay also. I am having a hard time getting past the key in & out 6 times. The turn signal indicators never flash. I've tried slowly, I've tried quickly. I've unlocked the door manually, I've unlocked the door electrically.

I just can't seem to get the car to go into program mode. BTW, its an '03 G35 sedan. Any suggestions?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help reprogramming remote key fob