Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2003-04 G35 Double Din Conversion DIY Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok thnx but what about the whole that ill have once i remove the factory navigation, what do i do with that ?

Old 04-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Can't you just leave the factory navigation where it is? You don't have to remove it to install a DD HU.

But if you do want to remove the factory navigation screen and controls, you can order the pocket and lid to attach to the DD kit.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have an old double din conversion guide that i found on my computer. i uploaded here if anyone needs it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vnnjz92lz7y

Old 06-17-2008, 02:29 AM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
I just made a double din conversion VIDEO

http://www.infinitihelp.com/diy/gcou..._procedure.htm

Old 06-17-2008, 06:47 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bythabay

just watched it....good job.

couple suggestions....

its important to really inform and show folks how that AC controller harness is tricky and temperamental to disconnect and reconnect. The reason being that an improperly reconnected AC harness can lead to the AC malfunctioining causing it to blow 80 degree air all the time.

another thing to show that would've been nice would be the in-cabin sensor where that gets accidently jarred loose also causing the AC to malfunction.

last thing would be to NOT lay that titanium dash finisher on a rough surface. Was that stool a soft surface? lol it looked rough.

Lay a towel or foam mat down on the surface you are working on...the last thing you want is scratch that dash finisher you waited months for since it is on backorder across the world....

otherwise, good basic illustration video....good job!

doc

Old 06-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by docron1
just watched it....good job.

couple suggestions....

its important to really inform and show folks how that AC controller harness is tricky and temperamental to disconnect and reconnect. The reason being that an improperly reconnected AC harness can lead to the AC malfunctioining causing it to blow 80 degree air all the time.

another thing to show that would've been nice would be the in-cabin sensor where that gets accidently jarred loose also causing the AC to malfunction.

last thing would be to NOT lay that titanium dash finisher on a rough surface. Was that stool a soft surface? lol it looked rough.

Lay a towel or foam mat down on the surface you are working on...the last thing you want is scratch that dash finisher you waited months for since it is on backorder across the world....

otherwise, good basic illustration video....good job!

doc
Well keep in mind that it wasn't me doing the installation. I was just a guest and guests aren't supposed to complain and get on people's nerves

As for all these great comments, please go to the thread on infinitihelp.com

http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/show...2207#post12207

and leave your comments there for everyone who watches the video to see.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bythabay

You my friend, are a good man. I enjoy watching your videos, very helpful and informative. Not too many folks will take the time to put together such videos to help others.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by kingrukus
You my friend, are a good man. I enjoy watching your videos, very helpful and informative. Not too many folks will take the time to put together such videos to help others.
You just made my day

Old 06-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if a audio installer installed my dd hu wrong and didn't hook up my new deck to my stock bose amp....will the speakers still work??

also if they do work , they would just not be that loud correct???

reason I ask is today I just got in my car after getting everything all hooked up and max out my volume at 39 and it only sounds like its on 15 from my old stock 6cd changer bose deck......

what could cause this???

Old 06-20-2008, 11:29 PM
The new HU must be connected to the Bose amp if you hear sound. Since the volume level is low, there is something wrong with the way the HU is connected to the Bose amp. You would have to ask him that. You should also have him do it right.

Old 06-21-2008, 12:38 AM
it was a cheap ebay hu also ...i wonder if thats why.....heres the link

ebay item number 130218604121

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...218604121&rd=1

Old 06-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Gilley
The new HU must be connected to the Bose amp if you hear sound. Since the volume level is low, there is something wrong with the way the HU is connected to the Bose amp. You would have to ask him that. You should also have him do it right.

anything else could be wrong??? could it be the cheap hu i bought?

Old 06-23-2008, 07:58 AM
There could be several things wrong, but since you didn't install it, you need to let the installer troubleshoot and fix it for you. You can't tell us what was done during the installation.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
the pdf was very helpful. probably would've ruined a few things without it. (though I still messed up a trim)

Old 06-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Gilley
There could be several things wrong, but since you didn't install it, you need to let the installer troubleshoot and fix it for you. You can't tell us what was done during the installation.

ok so I went back and told the owner and also a worker that has been there for years....he said they contacted metra (the makers of the dd kit) and they said to test the out put of the radio's rca's .....(most push between 2-4volts).....well my radio only has about 0.5- to maybe only 1 volt and they said that I need a LOC (line out converter)

they also said they it needs to be a 4 channel but since that dont have them they were going to get 2 - 2channel conversters .....its actually made from PAC

so hopefully not only will this clear up the horrible distortion i have but also raise the volume.....currently i'm maxxed out on volume at 39 and it sounds like how my stock did at only 15 (half as loud)....so hopefully my new deck will become louder and actually sound better

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My 2003-04 G35 Double Din Conversion DIY Guide