Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Is The Reason Why You Need The Jdm Ac Controller

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the picture update. Now I know why I need the JDM unit lol.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice...and this is why I'm such a slow learner...I need things visually explained. I think I am almost ready for this project...I haven't done on a Mod since 2005 with my 1996 Maxima. I need get the parts cause it's getting cold outside and there's nothing worst than changing HU or Gauge mods in the cold weather.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by Offdahiizzy
there's nothing worst than changing HU or Gauge mods in the cold weather.
Try installing your amps and subs in mosquito territory. Never doing an install like that again.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Try installing your amps and subs in mosquito territory. Never doing an install like that again.
how about removing a faulty alarm in 2 feet of snow with a pocket knife....and no, not a swiss army knife...just a normal 99cent pocket knife.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:43 AM
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the info, now I can sleep better at night justifying the cost.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:56 AM
JZ
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G35 Coupe KY0
after removing the "dual" button and installing it on my jdm acc it feels loose compared to the other buttons, is that ok? Please advise

Oh BTW, the button circled in this picture is actually the "AUTO ECON" button not the dual which is above it (because its flipped upside down in the pic)

Old 03-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
ah.... its great to see that this info is still helpful for those doing the DD conversion....man, these pictures bring back some good memories....

thanks to wrathernaut for reposting the pictures, they got lost in the site upgrade back in 2006(?)...lol

i"ve maxed out my mods (short of a TT) on my 2004 G35 and am actually now looking at a used Lotus Exige or a used M3...

doc

Old 03-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by docron1
ah.... its great to see that this info is still helpful for those doing the DD conversion....man, these pictures bring back some good memories....

thanks to wrathernaut for reposting the pictures, they got lost in the site upgrade back in 2006(?)...lol

i"ve maxed out my mods (short of a TT) on my 2004 G35 and am actually now looking at a used Lotus Exige or a used M3...

doc
Thanks for doing the initial work. This was the post that I referenced when I swapped the dual button over, I'd hate to see it go away.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea i wanna see that wiring man if i had the time i would totally try it to save $199 on an ac controller

Old 06-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Question Dual Climate Control

Hi,
Thats some very useful information. Although, I was wondering about the Dual climate control replacement from OEM to JDM AC Controller. Is there any risk of damaging the whole AC Controller or is this step pretty easy to perform successfully??
I am not that great with soldering, but will take it to a professional shop. Although, I want to make sure that performing the above steps to get the dual climate control functionality won't ruin my circuit board?
Thanks a lot

Old 06-25-2012, 10:22 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Easy to perform. Any half-decent amateur can do it. Any pro can do it in their sleep. Chances of ruining anything are pretty much zero so long as you're careful in dis-assembly.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Dual Climate Ctrl

Easy to perform. Any half-decent amateur can do it. Any pro can do it in their sleep. Chances of ruining anything are pretty much zero so long as you're careful in dis-assembly.
Oh Sounds good. Although, I was having a little tough time taking out the 'Dummy' button out of the JDM controller. When I push in the top clip (The very top 'non-circled' clip in the picture), the half top of the button pops out. I am not 100% sure about which direction the bottom clips (The clips circled next to each other in the pic) need to be forced. Because to push them up or down, I need to push them to the sides first into the empty slots and i tried pushing on it but got nowhere. Dont want to just snap it and break the clips. Any ideas whether they do require quite a bit of force or some additional tips to get the button out?
Thanks

Old 06-26-2012, 01:27 AM
Sorry I take that back. Was able to remove the Dummy button, but Having much harder time removing the Dual button from OEM. It has couple extra clips on it. Any tips on what directions these need to be pushed??

Old 06-26-2012, 06:30 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Been about a year since I did an '03, just be gentle with it, nothing should require much force at all so long as it's being pushed in the right direction.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Thumbs up

Been about a year since I did an '03, just be gentle with it, nothing should require much force at all so long as it's being pushed in the right direction.
Yea I was able to pull it out. Going to go get it soldered today and will let you guys know when it's all installed and working. Thanks a lot for your help so far

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This Is The Reason Why You Need The Jdm Ac Controller