Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Air Conditioning issue after Double Din Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by ThomasG35
Got a 2003 g35 coupe and had it for 4 yours now. last year, there were some intermittent times when the a/c and radio went nuts as described by others. It didn't happen again until 3 days ago and the a/c is definitely just blasting away nonstop with no end now. I am considering the Pioneer P8000BT with the Metra 997604 gray kit, and installing these with the Metra 70-7551 harness because it has the rca plugs and i want to keep the stock amplifier, and then plan to use the PW SWI PSV1 for radio control. I don't see any info where I would need to purchase an antenna kit. Please chime in on this install and choice of components. Thanks.
If you want to keep the stock amplifier, you need the PAC ROEM-NIS2, not the 70-7551. Some have been lucky and had the 70-7551 work, but it doesn't work often enough that's it's not worth he gamble.

If you haven't read through the first three posts of this thread here:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...urce-list.html
You haven't done enough research.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ac is working strong. The climate control isn't working. I connected the sensor on the drivers side. Any Ideas

Old 01-19-2012, 01:35 AM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by blazeplacid
you need to take the entire kit out agian, a pain I know but it must be done.

once you have it off look on the back of the AC controls, there should be a black covering with 4 screws. When you remove this cover you will see the board for ac controls. In there you will see a jumper that is NOT supposda be there. It will be either in slot 1,2, or 3 remove it completly. Reinstall everything and you should be good

I had the exact same problem
Ugh just installed this metra kit and its stuck at 75. What the heck metra! Why would u put a jumper there. I'm going to call them and see if they will pay for a shop to change it out because it's their fault. Funny think is, I opened the board to look at the inners as saw those jumpers

Old 06-09-2012, 01:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i noticed i kept getting cold air until i turned it up all the way soo i took it apart and reconnected everythin, and it worked before i reassembled it. but now it stays cold from 18-24c but starts to warm up afterwards. the ac seems to b working fine, just the fan option. the pictures dont work so im not sure if its connected properly, some help would b nice

Old 06-19-2012, 01:32 PM
jcl
I have AC problem with 2004 G35 but I have no idea which is which for below instruction. Can someone upload picture with call-out?

I would appreciate your time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[QUOTE=docron1;3128035]ok....this also needs to be a sticky....

Here are the 2 usual suspects:

1. The In-cabin sensor - this is the little vent that is about 3"x2" that is located near the driver's right knee while seated. The wire harness sometimes gets accidently disconnected or jarred loose when you drop the panel under the steering wheel.

To fix this, simply raise the steering wheel as high as it goes. Stick your finger in that rectangualr slot below the steering wheel and gently pull downwards to disconnect the retaining clips. You don't need to actually unscrew that screw located under the VDC/trunk release buttons. Look for that in-cabin sensor harness and plug it in more firmly.

2. The AC controller harness - this tends to be the problem more of the time IMO. When you are doing your dash disassembly, when you pull out your HEAVY HVAC unit, you have to disconnect the power, CD changer, speaker, AC controller harness.

The AC controller harness is pretty tricky. There are 2 tiny retaining clips that hold that main AC controller harness to the stock harness. Be very careful with these!!! When reconnecting the AC controller harness, if it is not inserted and reconnected with those 2 tiny retaining clips, the AC will also malfunction.

Last edited by jcl; 06-19-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:25 PM
I have the JDM AC & DD kit. Stuck at 75, only defrost Button works. No jumper to move on AC board, cable is fully inserted, cabin sensor is fully connected. Any ideas?

Old 08-09-2012, 12:59 PM
FIXED

After messing with the connector, looking for a jumper to remove, and checking the cabin sensor multiple times, I finally found the problem.

A bent pin.

I pulled the main AC connector away from it's respective female port, and one of the pins was bent downward. It's strange though, the pin found just the right spot to slide into so that it didn't obstruct fully inserting the connector. Weird. Either way I'm just so glad it was an easy fix and the JDM AC controller works

Old 08-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Thanks! this really helped. My double din decided to tap out before a long trip from Texas to Idaho. I came to this thread and it helped. Instead of spending $1000+ in the dealership, I fixed the problem and got me a nice upgrade. Thank you!

Old 12-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
having the same problem. ANy have any updated pictures? Took off the bottom panel and everything seems to be plugged in fine.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:36 PM

is this that all needs to be plugged in? or am i missing something. It doesnt look like theres a sensor there.

Last edited by iamchris; 12-11-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
What exactly are your symptoms? There's about a dozen different people's posts in here with the problem, so you need to be more specific on what you've done that may have caused the problem.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
What exactly are your symptoms? There's about a dozen different people's posts in here with the problem, so you need to be more specific on what you've done that may have caused the problem.
Ok. So I just installed my new jdm ddin trim and ac controller with back up camera. No steering wheels control yet, and I didn't touch the board for the dual ac option. After everything was done, I checked both 60 degree temp and 90 degree temp, everything was about right. I get into my car the next day and put the AC to 68 and its busting out heat. Everything is working fine on the AC Controller, its just that any temperature over 61, will put out hot air.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:25 AM
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by iamchris
Ok. So I just installed my new jdm ddin trim and ac controller with back up camera. No steering wheels control yet, and I didn't touch the board for the dual ac option. After everything was done, I checked both 60 degree temp and 90 degree temp, everything was about right. I get into my car the next day and put the AC to 68 and its busting out heat. Everything is working fine on the AC Controller, its just that any temperature over 61, will put out hot air.
Did you figure out what your issue was? I think i am having the same issue. Do you think the jdm ac controller could be defective?

Old 12-18-2012, 03:53 AM
Originally Posted by crazynuts16
Did you figure out what your issue was? I think i am having the same issue. Do you think the jdm ac controller could be defective?
I hope not. Gonna take it apart this weekend to look at it, hopefully it's be ac pins

Old 12-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Having HUGE problems with my 2003 coupe all started with a short of the fuse for the parking and clearance lights. The lights on my ac controls stopped working but ac still worked. I was having problems finding the right fuse box and did remove a 10 amp fuse related to the stop lamp? Put it back. Then my car wont come out of park? Without using the shift lock release button. And this is where it gets weird my ac is out completely. No power to any of the buttons no lights no digital readout no even compass or outside temp but radio works completely fine.... WHAT HAVE I DONE?! lol please help my newb self

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Air Conditioning issue after Double Din Install