Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

CD Stuck in my stock Bose 6 Disk In-Dash!!!

Old 10-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i took advantage of buying the JDM dd console and hvac controls recently
as insurance. it's stored away in my car parts bin. if my stock Bose ever
craps out it will give me reason to get a nice nav unit and get rid of that
ugly cassette deck on my 04. LOL!

if you think about it, if you got a new factory deck and paid labor, it
will pay for the JDM console + a/c controls, and a nice new kenwood nav
unit which will be state of the art and can play back all kinds of media.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just replaced my bose stereo, which has cd's stuck in it, with another stock replacement. it's working but not displaying anything. i think the ribbon that connects from the stereo unit to the face may be damaged. not sure. can anyone help. i would hate to have to pay for something that doesn't seem like too serious of an issue.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cd player for infiniti g35 is suck...my cd always stuck...sometimes i cant hear music on door speakers.i thought i have problem with speakers so i bought 2 MBquart door speakers and then theyre still suck...

Old 06-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Same thing happened to me today. Was listening to cd with car off this afternoon. Then I smell something burning (probably the cd tray motor ). Anyway, cd is stuck and it makes noise whenever I start the car. I took one of the forum suggestions and bang it on the left console but no luck. Then I was able to clip 3 of the 6 cds out but it still wouldn't work. Removed battery connection and put it back in. Then it said something about "check disk" and then shuts off. Am/Fm is fine but now when I hit the cd button it shuts off the audio system completely.

Something or the motor or something must be bad. What should I do? If everyone said the oem unit is that bad then I should get an aftermarket one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Last edited by mikeee2; 06-21-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:48 AM
This bose/clarion head unit is a complete sham, Infiniti/Nissan knows about it. I got the CD ERR FO bugg too, I called them up. They opened a file on it and said take it to the dealership to get it "diagnosed". Yeah right, so that they can charge me $200.00 to say you have a CD changer malfunction. I'll never buy another nissan/infiniti product....
This is a problem with all bose units, very widespread they don't wanna touch it....

Old 06-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BiggKapp5
This bose/clarion head unit is a complete sham, Infiniti/Nissan knows about it. I got the CD ERR FO bugg too, I called them up. They opened a file on it and said take it to the dealership to get it "diagnosed". Yeah right, so that they can charge me $200.00 to say you have a CD changer malfunction. I'll never buy another nissan/infiniti product....
This is a problem with all bose units, very widespread they don't wanna touch it....
So you are driving without the cd functionality like me? That sure sucks. My radio (no cd) in my 1992 accord is still functioning but my 2005 g35's is half dead. Go figure.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:48 PM
changer jam

yo man mine has been stuck for months and the dealer wants me to pay for the repair. I have been dealing with it. I start the car and hear click, click click click... but nothing. When I bought the car I thought mp3 changer was amazing. I guess one day when i get the money ill change it but the aftermarket double-din does not have the nice brushed aluminum dash. its just silver. so till I find a double din brushed aluminum replacement for my dash I will continue to deal with the clicks. After hearing about everyone having the same issue, this should be a recall not a repair and why would I repair a radio that will break again or get jammed again. for 200 dollars there is a lot of nice radio's out there. brands are not well known but look into: <cite>
www.bossaudio.com
</cite><cite>www.pyleaudio.com</cite>
www.dualav.com/

theres alot more no name companies i would trust more than this stock unit, some of these systems with touch screen are in the 200 dollar range.
I know after reading around and my friend g35 having the same issue that this will happen again it is inevitable. the stock radio is a lemon

Old 08-14-2009, 02:22 PM
wow.. this blows my girlfriend put a burnt cd in mine and played it.. i went to take it out and it wouldnt no cds will come out... i tried disconnecting the battery to see if it would spit them out when i started it again and no luck.. im about to go out and beat it.. brb.. let you know how that goes.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:32 PM
**** that ****.. i just whacked the **** out of it. and took out the panel below it and hit it and from the right side... nothing.. it just messed up more now, it saves cd eject even when its on the fm radio...........!

Old 08-16-2009, 04:01 PM
I have a similar problem...sometimes it just stops reading and "Check Disk". won't eject or nothin'...Other times it works fine.
What a ****in joke stereo for such a nice car. I bet someone from Nissan got some good head from someone from BOSE...
When I will get my aftermarket stereo I'm gonna go and drop off the oem at the dealership...in a dramatic way.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:19 PM
haha. ^ well im having one of my guys take it apart today.. hes pretty confident that he can fix it if he takes everything apart and pulls the cds out of the trays. But ive heard something about the alignment on the 6disc changer getting messed up after removing stuck cds..??

Old 09-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts
This **** just happened to mine too. I should just go with a DVD unit.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:04 PM
It happened to me about 4 years ago. I drive 03 sedan. I paid $400 to repair it but it happened again about 8 months ago. I didn't wanna pay another $400 for the stupid OEM HU so I bought a Pioneer DVD HU and hooked it up with Ipod and a rearview camera. Think of this as an opportunity and upgrade your HU! You will be happy.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:14 AM
Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts
The spirit of the modder tells us to upgrade when something breaks. You got a nice setup there Kawasaki

Old 10-02-2009, 10:46 AM
WOW, so many Gs have this problem. I just got all six of my cds stuck last week on my BOSE stereo. I guess next step is to take the unit out and play with it

Ive gone through too many already. First its leaking axles, then the window controller, then Bose right speaker nosound, then tranny rattle, then excessive oil consumption, NOW THIS!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: CD Stuck in my stock Bose 6 Disk In-Dash!!!