Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unsatisfied with iSimple Kit. Very mad right now.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why don't you just get the USA-spec PA11-nis adapter like everyone else and be done with it?

a tape adapter is not a solution.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i can have it on level 14 and it be LOUD AS HELL....(you can have control over the iPhone volume too that makes it even more loud). I normally find that 14 is pretty good sound (playing cds) 14 is quite loud (in the car that is)....but w/ the iSimple, 14 is very low..and with the adapater 14 is quite loud.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chrischil
i can have it on level 14 and it be LOUD AS HELL....(you can have control over the iPhone volume too that makes it even more loud). I normally find that 14 is pretty good sound (playing cds) 14 is quite loud (in the car that is)....but w/ the iSimple, 14 is very low..and with the adapater 14 is quite loud.
The tape adapter is connected with the headphone jack and the Isimple is connected with the line out connection. That's why you can control the volume on the tape adaper via the iphone volume. The line out is a constant volume.

When they connected the Isimple, did they connect the 3.5mm adapter as well? If so, is the isimple sound different via the 3.5mm and the ipod 30pin adapter? Also, have you tried anyone elses Ipod to see if it it has the same sound differences as yours?

Old 04-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chris, I dont think we are on the same page. My ipod plays full range pretty well. I just went to check my aux2 port with my ipod and it plays softer, but still pretty close to the same full range, maybe slightly less bass, but it was so close that it could just be my imagination.

I loaded 909's and Heartbreak on to my ipod to check the bass and I didnt have any problems at all. I have a sub in my car and it hits hard and extremely low. I turned my sub off and boosted the bass on my hu and it sounded fine too. It does play a lot quieter than cds and even the radio, but the sound quality of mine is fine. I was just listening to my ipod with a tape adapter in another car too and noticed how horrible it was. You should really try calling up peripheral electronics and tell them about your problem. If you really want to go the tape adapter route, then by all means go ahead, but since I don't have a tape deck I didnt have an option. I wouldn't have gone that route even if I couldve anyways though.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:47 PM
I have this unit and it works great. Had to update the bios to get everything to work. I'm able to do everything you say you can't and the sound quality is great.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by wompem
The tape adapter is connected with the headphone jack and the Isimple is connected with the line out connection. That's why you can control the volume on the tape adaper via the iphone volume. The line out is a constant volume.

When they connected the Isimple, did they connect the 3.5mm adapter as well? If so, is the isimple sound different via the 3.5mm and the ipod 30pin adapter? Also, have you tried anyone elses Ipod to see if it it has the same sound differences as yours?

No i haven't...maybe I should. I'll try it sometime this week and get back to ya.

Originally Posted by Matthaios
chris, I dont think we are on the same page. My ipod plays full range pretty well. I just went to check my aux2 port with my ipod and it plays softer, but still pretty close to the same full range, maybe slightly less bass, but it was so close that it could just be my imagination.

I loaded 909's and Heartbreak on to my ipod to check the bass and I didnt have any problems at all. I have a sub in my car and it hits hard and extremely low. I turned my sub off and boosted the bass on my hu and it sounded fine too. It does play a lot quieter than cds and even the radio, but the sound quality of mine is fine. I was just listening to my ipod with a tape adapter in another car too and noticed how horrible it was. You should really try calling up peripheral electronics and tell them about your problem. If you really want to go the tape adapter route, then by all means go ahead, but since I don't have a tape deck I didnt have an option. I wouldn't have gone that route even if I couldve anyways though.
Which intergration do you have? This same iSimple!? or what!?

Originally Posted by ryoung
I have this unit and it works great. Had to update the bios to get everything to work. I'm able to do everything you say you can't and the sound quality is great.
Really? Hm...well BestBuy installed it to where i can't even get to it...even if I wanted to update the firmware...it's like literally behind the radio...I wasnt there when they installed it...and I didnt think that perhiperal would have updates, etc...so now if i wanted to remove it..i either attempt removing the dash myself or take it back for $50 to get them to "redo" it...

Old 04-14-2009, 01:59 PM
i have the same one you are talking about...the iSimple PXAMG. It's really not that hard to take apart the dash to get to the unit. I placed my unit under the passenger side dash next to the in cabin air filter. There is a cover under there that holds it in place. This way I can easily get to the unit to change inputs or update the firmware. I am pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with install or firmware though, but you could check it to make sure everything is snug and no loose connections. I believe without the firmware update, the controls would be messed up, but shouldn't effect the sound quality.

You really need to call up peripheral electronics and talk to them about it. If it isn't functioning right then they should be able to help you. There are enough people on here telling you that theirs is working fine and theirs is playing at full range and not just the mids and treble. Call them and tell them. See what they say. Maybe they will replace your unit for you. I am assuming the volume issue is something that wont be changed, but you can try asking. I am fine with that issue as long as it sounds good at the appropriate volume, but if they do address that issue let us know.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Trust me my man, i had my friend in the car tonight and i literally played a song on level 14 (using the PXAMG) and then took it out and put the tape deck thing in and played the same song at level 14 again...she was like 'holy crap, thats a HUGE difference"...

Under the glovebox where the air filter would be a great place. I just need to get my box out of there and move it...maybe one day ill get one of my boys to help me take the dash out...ive already talked to peripheral and they said it should be "factory quality'....and i was going to return it, but i just figured "having something is better than having nothin"....but that of course was until i found this tape adapter (playing at perfect quality)

I havent talked to any techs yet though..so i'll give that a go sometime this week. and possibly try taking it to anther best buy retailer and uninstallign it and re-installing it in a diff. spot too. I'll let you know what they say. I appreciate your feedback, etc.. man

Old 04-14-2009, 11:21 PM
Moving the unit is just going to **** away money. I have not played with this adaptor but maybe someone with one can chime in. Does it have a level adjustment on it? Most peripheral stuff does.

Keep in mind that there are a few other adaptors out there by better companies for this. If your not happy then just change it. No need to settle for something that is not working well or using an analog tape adaptor.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:57 PM
i hear ya

Old 04-14-2009, 11:58 PM
i have been thinking about buying a backup camera + so i might just drop a few hundred dollars later and get everything in a screen ya know? (radio, nav, backup camera, etc etc)...i hear set ups like that run at least $600 though :-/

Old 07-17-2010, 04:19 AM
I have the same problem with mine!.. thought I was the only one.. I have some bass in my music it is just a LOT less volume and bass then a CD. Also scrolling through music sucks, and theres no search or anything through the radio, you can only go buy artist or track which it always starts at A. A couple of times I plugged my ipod in and it didnt say "Accessory Connected" and I controlled everything through the ipod. Idk how I did it but once you unplug it it stops letting you go through the ipod, try scrolling through your music, clicking a song, then connecting right away, sometimes it jumps the connect. If anyone figures out how to do this (on purpose) let me know. Pretty sh!tty for $300 bucks with install, and you think a $30,000 car would have a simple aux input.. sheesh..

Old 07-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by 06Koop
I have the same problem with mine!.. thought I was the only one.. I have some bass in my music it is just a LOT less volume and bass then a CD. Also scrolling through music sucks, and theres no search or anything through the radio, you can only go buy artist or track which it always starts at A. A couple of times I plugged my ipod in and it didnt say "Accessory Connected" and I controlled everything through the ipod. Idk how I did it but once you unplug it it stops letting you go through the ipod, try scrolling through your music, clicking a song, then connecting right away, sometimes it jumps the connect. If anyone figures out how to do this (on purpose) let me know. Pretty sh!tty for $300 bucks with install, and you think a $30,000 car would have a simple aux input.. sheesh..
A lot of cars in '06 didn't come with an AUX output. Honestly, it sounds like to me that you guys need to recheck your install. Too many people having success and you guys aren't... wonder why? Best part is, it's considered an "Easy Install". Come on guys, we're "car enthusiast"... go out and work on your cars!

Old 07-30-2010, 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by 06Koop
nice necro thread. If you are comparing actual original CDs with your ipod then that is part of your problem right there. MP3s are compressed so the quality wont be as good. If it was a burned CD, then you have a separate issue. The volume wont be as loud, its an issue with the kit where the level isn't as high as the level of the head unit, but I dont really consider this much of a problem.

Your $300 price tag is because you decided to let someone else install it instead of doing it yourself. The unit itself can be had for under half that price, so I think the price is fair for what you are getting.

As far as controlling your music through your ipod, set your unit to AUX 1 instead of ipod and you will get full control through the ipod, but you dont get the titles on the head unit. You can still skip and go back through music, but none of the other controls.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ay quick question will the isimple work in an 03 sedan with SAT button?
anybody have an 03 and try it let me know the results...and what features i get if so THANKS! good thread i just found the isimple by mistake happy i didnt buy it yet!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Unsatisfied with iSimple Kit. Very mad right now.