Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pre outs for double din

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pre outs for double din

Just a quick question getting ready to install my dbl din

will 2 sets of preouts work while still keeping the bose amp

and the Pioneer 2 din I'm using has 2 sets of 4 volt preouts (Front and Rear/Sub). I was going to install all new amps, speakers and subs but I just figured it wasnt worth it.

also should i just use the 7751 wiring harness?

Thanks

Old 09-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has the search button been disabled?

4 volt preouts SHOULD be fine to use with the 7551.
if you're installing amps for the interior speakers it doesn't matter which harness you use.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 350orG
Just a quick question getting ready to install my dbl din

will 2 sets of preouts work while still keeping the bose amp

and the Pioneer 2 din I'm using has 2 sets of 4 volt preouts (Front and Rear/Sub). I was going to install all new amps, speakers and subs but I just figured it wasnt worth it.

also should i just use the 7751 wiring harness?

Thanks
Not sure about the year, but the Bose amp on mine uses balanced inputs. In this case if you want to keep the Bose amp you may want to go with a balanced transmitter which will take a unbalanced output such as RCAs and convert them to balance inputs. You would want to place the device as close to the source (the head unit) as possible to cut down on any noise to the Bose. The balance inputs will typically reject noise.

I have been looking at going the other way, that is keep the head unit on my 08 but go with aftermarket amps and speakers. In this case the balance reciever would be placed near the new amp since it would take the balance output of the head unit and convert it into unbalance RCA inputs. Most that do balance to unbalance conversions do so with inductor based units which are really designed to do the conversion for speaker level outputs.

Good luck!

Old 09-17-2009, 04:37 PM
hey pfarmer, take a look at the audison 1bit as your interface, it's a lil pricey, but will DEFINITELY do the job you want it to

Old 09-18-2009, 03:22 AM
Originally Posted by TroysG
hey pfarmer, take a look at the audison 1bit as your interface, it's a lil pricey, but will DEFINITELY do the job you want it to
I actually look at it but was a little unsure if it really takes a low level balance input or was referring to speaker level balance inputs.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:56 AM
I just read an article on it and it seems SUPER impressive, likely puts the cleansweep to shame.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by TroysG
I just read an article on it and it seems SUPER impressive, likely puts the cleansweep to shame.
To me it comes down to the ability of using low level balance inputs versus high level speaker level inputs. When I read the specs it didn't specificially mention this. One of the issues is that using the typical high levl speaker level inputs for low level balance inputs will often modify the frequency characteristics of the source signal due to the inductors often used in high level balance inputs designed for speaker level. Many processors will allow you to adjust for the levels but still use inductor based devices.

The fact is that the rest could be used for what I would think about doing anyway. For about 30 bucks per set of channels you can build balance receivers as a front end for a processor that doesn't handle low level balance inputs.

I would be looking at using no crossovers instead an amp channel for each speaker.