Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

upgrading my bose speaker

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for help, by the way, is the way installing one amp same as the way installing 2 amp? i will buy a 4-channel amp for the front and rear speaks and one amp for the sub(maybe still use the bose sub in order to save some $), what kind amp recommend ? thanks

Old 12-21-2009, 12:51 PM
just curious about how to install 2 amp? is the same way as installing one amp? thanks

Old 12-21-2009, 01:47 PM
the install varies depending on speakers...the number of speaker wires, rca channels, but power, remote, and grounding is all the same... with multiple amps you need distrubution blocks for the ground and power. you really should check out the stickies.... they will really help

also, why would you want to run the bose sub and your new sub?

Old 12-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
If you get a 4-channel amp with pre-outs, you can just connect the sub amp to the 4-channel amp.

Both should have their own power wire (unless you use some really thick gauge wire).

Old 10-22-2014, 07:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lazychina123
thanks for your guys help. l try to add tweeters to the front bose speakers even the rear speakers.( orginal is 2-way component speaker, i try to get it to 3-way component, any opinion ?), but the thing is the crutchfield don't provide master sheet(instruction manual) for g35, i don't know how to do it without instruction, quite frustrated...

if i just add the amp and keeping the bose speaker, when i install the amp in the trunk, how do i connect the bose speaker to the aftermarket amp? do i just need to unplug the wires from the factory amp and then plug them back to the aftermarket amp without any modification of the wires? how about the use of dynamat ? should i go for the dynamat speaker kit or the door kit or both? i have difficulties to remove the door panels, this is my first time . does the bose system come with any kind of sound insulation materials ?
I don't want to go too much to upgrade the bose system, because first i have very tight badger, second is no garage for my car, i am in new york city, it is not safe for upgrading equipment, people steal yours
thanks for help and reading!!
Just wondering... Does anybody happen to have a crutchfield master sheet pdf? Ideally for a 2007 coupe? I bought from Future Shop but it would be a great help to have one of crutchfield's master sheets in addition to wrathernaut's instructions.