Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:55 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by ATXG4ME
Yeah I was looking for something that will hookup with my android phone. I got that JDM DOUBLE DIN from fontana nissan off of eBay. Looks just like stock unit, nice. Thanks Gdirty for your earlier post.
No prob, man. I know how hard they've been to find. Can't deal with that metra garbage. Plus now you can watch DVDs. Haha. I'm thinking of adding a dtv tuner so I can watch my local channels on the run. Haha

BTW, not sure if you're installing it yourself, but make sure you set aside a day if its your first G swap. Between taking it out, switching the buttons, adding the dual climate button, soldering all the harnesses together, mounting, etc etc, I've been doing this since about 2pm (its now 8) and still need to reinstall it and get the steering wheel controls done. I mean, I'm sure a pro could do it much faster, but this is a fairly time consuming job.

Last edited by ScraggleRock; 10-28-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting installed by custom sounds, they said that they have all the parts as far as the ac controller I might have to solder a button to the dual climate control. They told me it would take a full day. Unfortunately I have all my tools in storage just moved to a new place so no diy for me or it will be two days work. They said 300 for install thought that sounded good for all day.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:02 PM
God..so bit right now. Went to go put everything back together today and radio didn't work. Was pretty pissed then I saw that the metra harnesses yellow wire got pushed out of the clip somehow. Tried to fix it and it broke.

Had to put everything back together without a radio cuz I gotta work early. Ugh..well, on another note, the willow looks fantastic and my dual climate mod worked, so my finish looks great. Now gotta work on the radio. My just let a shop do it. Not looking forward to taking it all apart again.

Last edited by ScraggleRock; 10-29-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Dam that sucks seems like a pain in the ars. Good luck on that. Seems like metra has some cheap products. I got to use that harness as well.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:57 PM
Hey, wrathernaut, if I hook the yellow and red wires (together) to the positive battery terminal, and the black to the negative should my stereo come on and stay on? I bought this HU off eBay and I have a feeling it may be broken. When I hook it straight to the battery the lights turn on for a second then the unit shuts off and doesn't come back on. If I take the wires away, then re hook them the same way it does it again. I think this stereo is a broke POS. Bout to open a case on eBay against the seller.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:41 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by Gdirtyfive55
Hey, wrathernaut, if I hook the yellow and red wires (together) to the positive battery terminal, and the black to the negative should my stereo come on and stay on? I bought this HU off eBay and I have a feeling it may be broken. When I hook it straight to the battery the lights turn on for a second then the unit shuts off and doesn't come back on. If I take the wires away, then re hook them the same way it does it again. I think this stereo is a broke POS. Bout to open a case on eBay against the seller.
Yeah the radio would come on and stay on. The yellow wire is for keeping settings and keeping power to some parts of the radio while it shuts down. The red wire being connected should turn the radio on

Old 10-30-2014, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Yeah the radio would come on and stay on. The yellow wire is for keeping settings and keeping power to some parts of the radio while it shuts down. The red wire being connected should turn the radio on
Aww, man. This stereo thing is bustin my *****. This may be the most involved mod I've done thus far! And I've replaced the entire suspension!!

Last edited by ScraggleRock; 10-30-2014 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Appradio 4

Just arrived. Time to get my soldering skills on this weekend. Have my PAC ROEM-NIS2, but still waiting on my microbypass and Axxess ASWC-1.

I'll prob work on the wiring to the PAC and add a few open wires so i can easily connect the bypass and Axxess when they arrive.

Pretty excited. Ill keep you guys posted.

Btw, I'm from Australia so have the V35 Skyline. I know how hard it was to find information on the wiring etc as the wire colors are different to the G35. So hopefully this will help out anyone out there with a JDM V35.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:38 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by jjjones
Just arrived. Time to get my soldering skills on this weekend. Have my PAC ROEM-NIS2, but still waiting on my microbypass and Axxess ASWC-1.

I'll prob work on the wiring to the PAC and add a few open wires so i can easily connect the bypass and Axxess when they arrive.

Pretty excited. Ill keep you guys posted.

Btw, I'm from Australia so have the V35 Skyline. I know how hard it was to find information on the wiring etc as the wire colors are different to the G35. So hopefully this will help out anyone out there with a JDM V35.

If you want to provide the wire colors that are different, it would make for a good contribution to this thread.

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (10-30-2014)
Old 10-30-2014, 10:47 PM
Will do. Ill post the chart when i get home.

Old 10-31-2014, 12:02 PM
Completed my wire harness from the PAC to the Headunit. Everything worked. No issues whatsoever. Despite retaining the stock bose amp/speakers, i think the audio quality wasnt too bad. Turned up the bass in the equalizer and it was pretty good.

Just waiting on my Axxess, microbypass and DD trim now and i can then continue on with the final install. Pretty confident the wiring for them should be easy. Only thing im worried about is being able to flush mount the unit.

Anyway, here's a chart i made for the JDM V35 Skyline Coupe wiring pin/colours. I can confirm that all the pin numbers and colours are accurate and work.

The following 2 users liked this post by jjjones:
BradMD_96 (01-19-2016), Wrathernaut (10-31-2014)
Old 10-31-2014, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Completed my wire harness from the PAC to the Headunit. Everything worked. No issues whatsoever. Despite retaining the stock bose amp/speakers, i think the audio quality wasnt too bad. Turned up the bass in the equalizer and it was pretty good. Just waiting on my Axxess, microbypass and DD trim now and i can then continue on with the final install. Pretty confident the wiring for them should be easy. Only thing im worried about is being able to flush mount the unit. Anyway, here's a chart i made for the JDM V35 Skyline Coupe wiring pin/colours. I can confirm that all the pin numbers and colours are accurate and work.
Thanks for taking the time to do this!

I have the app radio DA-210 and I can imagine my fit is similar to you. The lower section with the buttons sits flush to the DD trim kit and the screen is recessed. I prefer it this way as it does not get glared horrifically under midday light. You can always follow OP's method of cutting new holes into your main bracket if you want it to move out a few mm or so.

Old 10-31-2014, 12:51 PM
Oh thought i mention that even though the wire colours are different on the JDM, the functionality and location of each pin/wire is exactly the same as the G35.

This was something i was unsure about due to lack of information about the JDM on the Australian forums.

Using a test light i was able to identify a few wires. The rest i figured out from Clarion service manuals and ultimately taking apart my OEM tape deck which had the wiring diagram printed on the circuit board.

Long story short, colours are different but location of pins are exactly the same. Due to this, when using the PAC ROEM-NIS2, all i had to do was match up the PAC wiring harness to the Pioneer harness as the PAC "converted" my wire colours to the G35 ones.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:51 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Oh thought i mention that even though the wire colours are different on the JDM, the functionality and location of each pin/wire is exactly the same as the G35.

This was something i was unsure about due to lack of information about the JDM on the Australian forums.

Using a test light i was able to identify a few wires. The rest i figured out from Clarion service manuals and ultimately taking apart my OEM tape deck which had the wiring diagram printed on the circuit board.

Long story short, colours are different but location of pins are exactly the same. Due to this, when using the PAC ROEM-NIS2, all i had to do was match up the PAC wiring harness to the Pioneer harness as the PAC "converted" my wire colours to the G35 ones.
Cool, so if you'd just blindly followed my directions and not tried to be smart about the install, things would have turned out OK.

But since we have the clarification, that'll help others immensely in the future, even if it's too late to help you. Either way, I definitely appreciate the follow-through and effort you put in.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Clarification needed

Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Cool, so if you'd just blindly followed my directions and not tried to be smart about the install, things would have turned out OK.

But since we have the clarification, that'll help others immensely in the future, even if it's too late to help you. Either way, I definitely appreciate the follow-through and effort you put in.
Wrathernaut, does your shopping list in the beginning apply to 2013 G37 Journey with Bose?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List