Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whts the difference?

Which one is best for my 06 G35 coupe with nose? I have the blue installed now and it sounds like carp , but it maybe installed wrong. I want my loud music back!

Old 02-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by denezze

Which one is best for my 06 G35 coupe with nose? I have the blue installed now and it sounds like carp , but it maybe installed wrong. I want my loud music back!

They're the same adapter.

From your PMs, it seems like it was installed to the RCAs instead of the speaker-level outputs. Rewire according to the chart in the first post and you should be fine.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow..there's still support for this?

*smdh* My 03 Coupe with Boss no nav started doing this 3 days ago at 114k miles. After reading all this I thought surely the last post would be from 2013 or 14. Glad people are still helping as the car is 14 years OLD!

I'll be attempting to do this soon. Just gotta wrap my head around everything needed. Make a checklist...

I am really dreading the dual climate button mod, not sure if I am confident in my soldering abilities.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:36 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by bakuryu06
Wow..there's still support for this?

*smdh* My 03 Coupe with Boss no nav started doing this 3 days ago at 114k miles. After reading all this I thought surely the last post would be from 2013 or 14. Glad people are still helping as the car is 14 years OLD!

I'll be attempting to do this soon. Just gotta wrap my head around everything needed. Make a checklist...

I am really dreading the dual climate button mod, not sure if I am confident in my soldering abilities.
Yep. I'm still around, and will be until the wheels fall off my G35s.

The checklist is the first post, and if you're like me, the dual button is basically just for show. I've used it as intended just once in my ownership, and like three times to show off what it does. So, transferring the button isn't exactly necessary. If you're truly afraid to do it, you can ship it my way for a free swap, but it'll add about a week to your install due to shipping times.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for this thread!

I swapped out the DD radio that the previous owner of my coupe installed and this thread was a life saver for me to figure out the rats nest of wires that were back there.

I can't quite comprehend the person who will spend a good chunk of change on a JDM DD kit, then cheap out and get really lazy on installation. Crimp on wire nuts EVERYWHERE, wires jumped where they didn't need to be. Ughh such a mess, what should have taken maybe 1.5 hours, took 3.5 just to figure out what the hell was going on back there.

To really hammer home the dumb decisions this guy made, rather than reusing the top screw to ground the HU to, he used a self tapping screw and drilled into the very same bracket. I don't get it. I did some searching and that point does seem to be a common grounding point most use, I bring it up because I some white noise when the radio is on, but it isn't the typical alternator whine.

I also only set the gains by ear so that may have something to do with it, I'll try again tonight using a DMM and see if they're set too high.

Thanks again!

Old 02-24-2017, 11:43 AM
Bad Pac

Well comes to find out my Pac Nis2 was bad, the place I took it to put a meter on it and tried to adjust it and got nothing.. Hooked up a new one and my system came alive again... Before the audio but it was worst sound quality then the factory radio... Thanks for your help

Old 02-24-2017, 07:39 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by denezze
Well comes to find out my Pac Nis2 was bad, the place I took it to put a meter on it and tried to adjust it and got nothing.. Hooked up a new one and my system came alive again... Before the audio but it was worst sound quality then the factory radio... Thanks for your help
Thanks for the follow-up, still no idea why they let it out the door without proper sound.

Old 03-17-2017, 02:01 AM
Boy did this turn out to be quite a project. First time wiring anything and I managed to get everything together after a few days of working on and off on this. So worth it in the end. I used a good amount of this thread to help me thru the process.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
JDM looks so good. Nice install

Old 03-25-2017, 03:09 PM
So i bought the metra kit, but once my radio was install, the a.c. went nuts. I cannot control it. My a.c. is a single climate, but I noticed the metra kit says dual on it, could this be the problem? I'm looking for the jdm kit, but the one on ebay doesn't have a cord coming out of the climate control, but the seller says it comes with everything it needs. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:26 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Spanrd
So i bought the metra kit, but once my radio was install, the a.c. went nuts. I cannot control it. My a.c. is a single climate, but I noticed the metra kit says dual on it, could this be the problem? I'm looking for the jdm kit, but the one on ebay doesn't have a cord coming out of the climate control, but the seller says it comes with everything it needs. I'm not sure what to do at this point.
Look on the first post about metra control problems. There's a link that shows how to set the jumper on the metra board. They use the same board for 03-04 and 05-06, and the jumper just swaps the commands the boards sends to the car to compensate.

The dual function doesn't matter at all.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:18 AM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Look on the first post about metra control problems. There's a link that shows how to set the jumper on the metra board. They use the same board for 03-04 and 05-06, and the jumper just swaps the commands the boards sends to the car to compensate.

The dual function doesn't matter at all.
Woah first time I'm reading this and I'm hoping it's relevant to me.

Problem: No up/down temp control on my 05-06 Metra fitted in my 04

Does this mean I can move a jumper somewhere and get back the temp control?

Old 03-26-2017, 01:33 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by BradMD_96
Woah first time I'm reading this and I'm hoping it's relevant to me.

Problem: No up/down temp control on my 05-06 Metra fitted in my 04

Does this mean I can move a jumper somewhere and get back the temp control?
Probably.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:44 AM
Does the metra kit for the 05 to 07 coupe work with the factory nav? Or is my only choice the JDM trim?

Old 04-17-2017, 11:43 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by SweetThuy
Does the metra kit for the 05 to 07 coupe work with the factory nav? Or is my only choice the JDM trim?
If you chop some from the top, maybe.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List