Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-18-2015, 03:05 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarrocker98
So Wrathernaut... I have searched a bit for this answer... Come up with nothing so far. Does the Double din install affect the heater control? I am doing quite a bit of work on the car, and I have control of the fan and modes, but no control so fat of my heater anymore... Now there are A LOT of things unhooked and the double din is not back inside the car. Ideas?
The factory radio and climate controls are all on the same board. The JDM climate controls or metra trim both control the a/c and heater exactly like like the original controls.

So, if your problem was the electronics board that controls the radio, a/c and heater, the problem gets fixed. If your problem is elsewhere, it remains unchanged.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
Well I have the JDM climate buttons hooked up and I have no control over the temp.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:07 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Well I have the JDM climate buttons hooked up and I have no control over the temp.
Give the other sticky a try: https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/227673-air-conditioning-issue-after-double-din-install.html

Old 05-19-2015, 01:59 PM
thanks! Any chance you know on the rear 6x9's which wire is the positive and negative? Drivers side its blue and red/white and green passenger side its blue and yellow and blue and red.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:28 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

thanks! Any chance you know on the rear 6x9's which wire is the positive and negative? Drivers side its blue and red/white and green passenger side its blue and yellow and blue and red.
Blue/Yellow stripe is +, Blue/Red stripe +
White/Green -, Blue/White -

Old 05-19-2015, 03:02 PM
K that is what I thought... Is it s blue/white back there I swear it was yellow... I could be wrong. Regardless speakers should get hooked up tonight then the rest of my interior follows that lol.

Old 07-08-2015, 11:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can use the 70-7550 for bose you will not lose any sound quality if you do it right

Old 07-09-2015, 12:19 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by kevinleon07
You can use the 70-7550 for bose you will not lose any sound quality if you do it right
Based on numerous installs by professionals and novices alike, there is no "do it right", it's all a matter of chance on whether your bose amp is inconsistent and accepts a high-level unbalanced audio signal rather than the low-level balanced audio signal that it is spec'd out to accept. It's just a matter of whether the components that did accept that signal were cheaper the day that the lowest bidder was assembling your bose amp. You can try and save about $30 and give it a shot with the 70-7550, or go with the part that has a solid, proven record and not waste your time disconnecting and reconnecting wiring harnesses in an effort to save a few dollars.

Before the ROEM-NIS2 was listed as the go-to adapter for Bose installs, complaints of extremely quiet output or severe noise were common with bose installs. Since many shops and individuals are using this guide, it's very rare for somebody to experience that.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:36 PM
Hey guys - thank you very much for this sticky. I've read a lot of it but not all, so I apologize in advance if this has been answered. My 2003 G35 w/Bose Sedan has long experienced the battery drain issue caused by the HU. Recently I have had the opportunity to sell my G for a fair price ( don't worry, I've got a new G scoped out). Anyway, it's stipulated on me fixing the battery drain issue. I bought an OEM 2004 G35 radio off EBay and low and behold - i get no sound. I failed to check whether or not this was a Bose unit - clearly it's not. Instead of returning this as 'doesn't fit' could/should I purchase a Metra 70-7550/1 or PAC ROEM-NIS2 and treat this replacement HU as an 'aftermarket' to make it work? Thanks in advance.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:16 PM
steering wheel question

Wrathernaut's Advice:

2. Steering Wheel Interface: - Use the Mᴇtra Axxess ASŴC-1 for EVERYTHING except for the X920BT, Z110BT, Z120BT or Z130BT - for those models the PAC SWI-PS will let you map a button to the voice command feature. (Instructions for installing the ASŴC into a G35 can be found here.

I'm looking at buying a Pioneer DEH-X6710BT and I'm wondering if the bluetooth voice control on this unit would require the ASWC-1 or the PAC SWI-PS?

Installing into a 2003 G35 sedan with Bose system to solve my Radio/AC dead-head problem.

Help?

Old 09-18-2015, 03:55 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Jvogt
Wrathernaut's Advice:

2. Steering Wheel Interface: - Use the Mᴇtra Axxess ASŴC-1 for EVERYTHING except for the X920BT, Z110BT, Z120BT or Z130BT - for those models the PAC SWI-PS will let you map a button to the voice command feature. (Instructions for installing the ASŴC into a G35 can be found here.

I'm looking at buying a Pioneer DEH-X6710BT and I'm wondering if the bluetooth voice control on this unit would require the ASWC-1 or the PAC SWI-PS?

Installing into a 2003 G35 sedan with Bose system to solve my Radio/AC dead-head problem.

Help?
The bluetooth voice control is standard bluetooth control buttons. The voice control for the mentioned radios is for voice control of non-bluetooth functions. Get the ASWC-1.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:57 PM
Not that we need another post in this thread but the solution mentioned here worked for me. I have a 2006 infinity g35 coupe and the CD player kept showing me push eject. Nothing happened when I did. So I went and bought an aftermarket double Din unit. It required me to also install the aftermarket temperature controls from metra because the original circuit board was one piece that controlled the stereo and the temperature controls. But when it was installed with the wiring harness it sounded like crap. I followed the directions here and ordered the pac roem nis2 from Amazon (even though it specifies that it's made for older Nissan cars and mine wasn't listed). I got it installed and now my stereo sounds awesome again. Everyone at these stereo stores was sceptical at first but trust me (and everyone else here) that it works. Any questions about my experience just pm me. Thanks to all that helped and thanks to g35 forums for providing the means for me to ask the question. Thanks to pac for making an affordable solution. They really should update their compatibility list. Thanks again!

Old 09-26-2015, 06:02 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by 1Typhoon
Not that we need another post in this thread but the solution mentioned here worked for me. I have a 2006 infinity g35 coupe and the CD player kept showing me push eject. Nothing happened when I did. So I went and bought an aftermarket double Din unit. It required me to also install the aftermarket temperature controls from metra because the original circuit board was one piece that controlled the stereo and the temperature controls. But when it was installed with the wiring harness it sounded like crap. I followed the directions here and ordered the pac roem nis2 from Amazon (even though it specifies that it's made for older Nissan cars and mine wasn't listed). I got it installed and now my stereo sounds awesome again. Everyone at these stereo stores was sceptical at first but trust me (and everyone else here) that it works. Any questions about my experience just pm me. Thanks to all that helped and thanks to g35 forums for providing the means for me to ask the question. Thanks to pac for making an affordable solution. They really should update their compatibility list. Thanks again!
More endorsements of the correctness of the list are always good to have, I'm glad you got it sorted out.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:16 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
anyone install a Joying double din stereo unit?

http://www.carjoying.com/2-din-car-g...mera-wifi.html

Old 09-30-2015, 11:24 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by superblackg35
anyone install a Joying double din stereo unit?

http://www.carjoying.com/2-din-car-g...mera-wifi.html
The actual unit looks a little better than other android units. Only problem with these knockoff-brand androids units are reliability and complexity. I've considered picking one up to replace my Pioneer Z120BT, but I really would like to get my hands on it to test first.

It is the same unit as this one here - http://www.lightinthebox.com/volkswa..._p3912113.html, only in a universal DDin, so if you can find reviews of that unit, it'll help you with the carjoying one.

Another edit; looks like they have a 6.1" version for less: http://www.lightinthebox.com/univers..._p3912099.html

Last edited by Wrathernaut; 09-30-2015 at 11:28 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List