Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

"Can I mod my NAV to play DVDs?"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About the quality and using the nav display for carputer....here's a link to a great job and the txt looks decent. I don't believe it's either PAC or AV-electronics kits though. But worth checking out the link:

http://www.geocities.com/wonderer369/G35Nav.html

He's a cool guy and I believe he used to be on g35driverd too. (not sure)

Old 01-14-2005, 07:55 AM
Can anyone tell me what the part number is for the PAC-Audio Switcher? I can't seem to find it on their website. Thanks

Old 01-14-2005, 07:56 AM
I meant the video selector, not the video.

Old 01-14-2005, 08:22 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not 100% sure if its been officially released yet. There was a lot of talk about it for a while then it just kinda disapeared. When they were developing the audio interface it took them almost a year longer then they anticipated. Things don't seem to move fast around there!

Old 01-14-2005, 09:57 AM
There is no specific G35 type unit from PAC for the Video Switcher. Actually, it's not really a video switcher in the first place - Its just the video input itself, which can toggle back to the factory navi screen/display.

The model is VCI-X. It is a universal model which allows the coonnection of a back-up camera to a factory navigation screen. It does NOT have audio support, so you need to supply that via some other method (like the PAC AAI-NIS). Despite having had this on the market for a few weeks, I have yet to sell a single one... ?? Everyone loves AV Electronic from what I see.

Old 01-14-2005, 10:37 AM
Banned
How much is the Pac unit? I've had my DVD player installed for 3 months now but its still not hooked up to my Navi. I was going the Pioneer route mentioned above but couldn't get it to work. All I need is one video input so the AV one is WAY overpriced in my book.

Old 01-14-2005, 01:57 PM
So basically I can use the VCI-X for the video output of the PS2 and use the AAI-NIS for the audio into the rear of the factory head unit for my audio from the same PS2?

Old 01-14-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by jgarner
So basically I can use the VCI-X for the video output of the PS2 and use the AAI-NIS for the audio into the rear of the factory head unit for my audio from the same PS2?
That's correct.

Old 01-15-2005, 01:35 AM
Well , I looked on all the web sites that pac-audio links you to buy the parts online, but no one seems to carry the VCI-X. What is up with that?

Old 01-15-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by jgarner
Well , I looked on all the web sites that pac-audio links you to buy the parts online, but no one seems to carry the VCI-X. What is up with that?
Well, I am aware of that too. I think that the reason is that it is a brand-new 'product' to hit the market in general. There aren't too many people out there that know about the AV Electronic's and the PAC video switchers. I think that once it catches on, people would want to have it as well. Plus, I think alot of people (ahem) also think about the legality factor. Its not legal to drive and have moving video in front of the driver... But mostly we know that we would disable the safety feature which they have in place... It is straight up illegal to do it though, and I never tell people to do it.

Also, one should note that the VCI-X unit is a universal model which can work with our vehicles. Perhaps some other dealers call it something else which better suits their clients/needs??

If anyone needs a VCI-X, they can just contact me for more info.

Old 01-25-2005, 12:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it's important to mention a third option: the NavBox that converts the component video signal from an Xbox to play on the nav screen. Because it uses the component output, the video quality is better than the other two options. Unfortunately, it only works with an Xbox. Here is the link:
http://www.generatorlabs.com/

Old 02-23-2005, 12:49 AM
I will be out of the country on an emergency basis until 3/15/05. Please see my reply in another thread for more details : https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/44082-anyone-install-nav-dvd-mod-05-s-yet.html

I just wanted to inform everyone that I will not be able to respond to inquiries for the time being, until 3/15/05.

Also, I will be opening my website soon thereafter, and will be carrying most of the products you all look for (and yes, before anyone else asks - the pricing will remain the same)... I will keep everyone posted on the details when I return.

Thanks.

Old 02-26-2005, 10:09 PM
Banned
Has anyone tried using the Blaupunkt IVSC-1102 composite to RGB converter? I just got one in the mail the other day but my car is in the body shop. I think I have the pin outs figured out but I won't know anything until I get the car back. The one major drawback I've seen thus far is that the unit doesn't do switching so I'll have to use a bunch of relays (4).

Old 02-27-2005, 05:49 PM
that is one of the reasons why i want this car

geeze, im jealous

Old 03-23-2005, 12:37 PM
we carry 100% plug and play units no on else does.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "Can I mod my NAV to play DVDs?"