Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

siriusXM or Aux adapter?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
siriusXM or Aux adapter?

'05 coupe w/ stock Bose Head unit.

I have massive mp3 collection and have nice iPod with about 20k mp3's..

Thought about getting SiriusXM activated
but since I have all this music maybe I should just get Aux adapter?

Also.. Need small subwoofer recommdation and amp.. Mid priced.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
It sounds like you already have the satellite adapter. You can add a 3.5mm stereo jack to the wires between the adapter and the radio for about $2 and be ready to go.

Originally Posted by https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/422464-how-add-auxiliary-ipod-input-factory-radio.html
If you have the factory satellite adapter (the actual adapter - not just the harness) already, you can add an auxiliary input for pretty much free.
The factory service manual for the '07 coupe (the only service manual that has the satellite connections) lists pins 33, 34, 35, 36 on the connector, end up being arranged in a 2x2 square on one side, so they should be easy enough to find.
The wire colors are:
Left+ RED
Left- GREEN
Right+ BLACK
LEFT- WHITE

Old 09-16-2021, 11:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coupe, Automatic
Working on Wrathernaut's Head Unit Install program. The stock XM radio antenna does not connect to my new head unit. Is there an adapter that will tie the stock XM antenna (mounted nicely on the roof) to the new head unit?

Old 09-17-2021, 10:45 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Adapters exist for some vehicles, but I don't know what kind you'd need.

Old 09-18-2021, 12:31 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Include "FAKRA" in your search terms. The old unit had separate terrestrial and satellite leads for the antenna. The new mini plugs combine those. You want a FAKRA to mini-plug adapter.

Old 09-18-2021, 12:52 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Just saw your other post. I'm not familiar with that new connector, and my comment is not relevant to what you are trying to do. Sorry....

Old 09-24-2021, 01:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coupe, Automatic
I could not find an adaptor that would allow my original XM antenna to talk to the new Pioneer head unit. The XM equipment is located on the drivers side trunk, beneath the mat, and it has unique wiring and connectors. The original XM antenna is routed into this equipment, and the antenna wire is joined with a harness that ultimately runs to the back of the radio.

Faced with this unfortunate situation, I bit the bullet and installed the new SiriusXM antenna. I really liked the location and look of the original XM antenna, so I went about removing and replacing it.

1. Gently peel the original XM antenna off, being careful to salvage the rubber boot.

2. Gently remove the wiring. It is tucked around the driver's side rear window and runs through a finicky black shroud. Worry not, I cleaned all the pollen paste up so it looks great now.

3. Apply rubber protectant/renewal product to clean up the rubber boot. I removed the "floor" of the boot because the new SiriusXM antenna is larger than the stock XM antenna. The floor prevented the boot from stretching. In retrospect, you should leave one flap in the front so the magnetic antenna will secure the boot to the antenna. You'll see what I mean. The smaller boot likes to ride up the sloped sides of the larger SiriusXM antenna.

4. I wrapped up the original XM antenna and placed it near the equipment. I also saved my original radio. Never know if I'll sell the car to an OEM purist.

5. If anyone is interested in how I routed the wire, let me know. In short, joined it to the original XM harness and, once in the interior cabin, tucked it up into the window molding and overhead, eventually under the dash. Make sure the wire is away from the moving parts, ie parking brake and pedals.