Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

audio ac and navi dead. Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 04:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audio ac and navi dead. Please help!!!

hello,

i recently bought a JDM 350GT , the battery was dead so i jumped start it, every thing was fine but the next day i got in and saw all my center console was dead

the AC the deck and the navigation pop-up screen stopped working, nothing is working , no display , non of the buttons work...the navi does'nt pop open ....i read on various forums that the circuit board behind the radio face plate is the problem, which goes bad??

i have bought one from ebay.com and is shipping to my country but of a g35 usa model...will it work??

will replacing this circuit board fix my problem, coz that what my car electrician told me ???

please help

Old 03-20-2014, 06:58 PM
anyone ??

Old 03-26-2014, 02:28 AM
no one :/

Old 03-26-2014, 11:10 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
It sounds like you might have blown a fuse somewhere. The nav and stereo are separate from each other (climate controls are on the same circuit board as the stereo) so you might look for a fuse that covers the radio and nav unit. It's weird that the whole center stack went dead, I'm not sure if an American unit will work with your car.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:00 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
It sounds like you might have blown a fuse somewhere. The nav and stereo are separate from each other (climate controls are on the same circuit board as the stereo) so you might look for a fuse that covers the radio and nav unit. It's weird that the whole center stack went dead, I'm not sure if an American unit will work with your car.

Finally !! an answer!! LOL

well i have checked all the fuse and they seemed fine...and the circuit board have the same part number from a JDM skyline to a G35 us.

where can i find the navi fuses?? maybe i missed some thing...last time i checked every thing on the center console was dead the fan was on and blowing light air..oviously i count turn it off...still waiting for the circuit, eta this week.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would start with checking all of the fuses, take them out of the holder and visually check each one. If the fuses are fine then pull the radio/ac controls and check your power wiring and make sure you have your constant and accessory power going to the radio and the ac controls.

If that's all good then I'd say its something on your circuit board that's possibly blown, which means it's either time to replace the board or if you can find a diagram of the board and are handy with a soldering iron you could replace whatever it is that's bad on the board(most people wouldn't take this route, just replace).

Old 03-31-2014, 12:51 PM
also i would like to add that my cars fan is on full...altho the circuit board is removed...i cant shut it down...still waiting for the replacement