Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Need some clarification on PA15-INFI

Old 04-22-2014, 10:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Need some clarification on PA15-INFI

Hey all,

Ok, first off, my car was built in 09/03, but is classified as 2004 on insurance. It is the premium model with all the bells and whistles except NAV. (reclining rear seats, all auto windows, sport sus. etc...)
It also has the SAT button on the head unit.

So I purchased the PA15-INFI back in november 2013, and finally got around trying to install it. Well, apparently my car does not have the SAT connector in the rear deck. I looked everywhere.

Now my question, is there an adapter that i can buy to connect the PA15-INFI to my head unit, or do i gotta sell it and buy the NIS version?

I tried emailing USA Spec support and no one got back to me.

Thanks

Old 04-22-2014, 11:29 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Any car built after the 6th month is considered a "next year model". I was not aware they made an infiniti model of that setup. I have nissan version on my 03 and have never had any issues. As far as I know, I have not heard of anyone having issues with it. They make a great product. I would try to get ahold of them again.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Should've checked if you were pre-wired before purchase. Oh well, live and learn. The only difference between the PA15-INFI and the -NIS is the harness used. You can see if USASpec will sell you the correct harness. Most likely cheaper than buying the OEM sat harness, or selling your -INFI unit and buying the NIS version.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:40 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Probably going to be easiest to sell the PA15-INFI in the marketplace for a few dollars less than new, and buy a PA15-NIS.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LoSt180
Should've checked if you were pre-wired before purchase. Oh well, live and learn. The only difference between the PA15-INFI and the -NIS is the harness used. You can see if USASpec will sell you the correct harness. Most likely cheaper than buying the OEM sat harness, or selling your -INFI unit and buying the NIS version.

Yeaaa I know. But the car was parked and under 4 ft of snow by the time I got the module.

For sale ad comin soon haha....
Unless usa spec ever gets back to me.

Thanks for input.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:48 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Try calling them, was able to get warranty support over the phone that way.