Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Pioneer AVH-4000NEX checklist of what I'll need for installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 04:41 AM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Pioneer AVH-4000NEX checklist of what I'll need for installation

I will be ordering a Pioneer AVH-4000NEX in the next couple of weeks to replace my broken 6-disc OEM unit. I was just trying to compile a list of everything I'll need to install or might want to have so the day I install it I don't miss anything or need anything else.

- Wiring harness (comes with Pioneer unit)

- JDM double din dash kit with dual climate

- Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface (Found on Amazon $49)

- Metra 40-NI10 Nissan Antenna Adapter (found on Amazon for $7)

- Pioneer bypass for DVD playing (found on ebay for $15)

- Pioneer ND-BC6 Universal Rear View Camera (found on Amazon for $114)

- Screen protector (not necessary but might be useful. Found on Amazon for $25)

- Lightning Digital AV Adapter (for iPhone connectivity to HDMI)

The last might not be necessary with rumors of Pioneer coming out with a Car play firmware update.

Anything else I might of missed? I know some are not necessary but I was just thinking of everything I'd want/need?

If anyone else has anything to add, I'm all ears. Also, a lot of the accessories I found were on Ebay or Amazon. Any other places that might be better cheaper to buy?

Thanks!

Last edited by G'duprideR6; 05-07-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
You forgot something really important it you plan on installing this with the factory amp. See Wrathernaut's DDin installation guide (a sticky at the top of this section) FMI. It includes every part you need.

All it looks like you need is the 2V converter for the speakers (PAC-ROEM NIS2?)

Old 05-07-2014, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
You forgot something really important it you plan on installing this with the factory amp. See Wrathernaut's DDin installation guide (a sticky at the top of this section) FMI. It includes every part you need.

All it looks like you need is the 2V converter for the speakers (PAC-ROEM NIS2?)
Thanks! I think I already have a PAC installed but I believe it was for my amp and subs. The rest is still factory speakers. Will I still need that for the factory speakers?

Old 05-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Look into the "add a sub to your Bose equipped '?'" And see what they recommended haha. I don't know what is there. It is clearly printed on the unit.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by G'duprideR6
I will be ordering a Pioneer AVH-4000NEX in the next couple of weeks to replace my broken 6-disc OEM unit. I was just trying to compile a list of everything I'll need to install or might want to have so the day I install it I don't miss anything or need anything else.

- Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface (Found on Amazon $49)

The last might not be necessary with rumors of Pioneer coming out with a Car play firmware update.

Anything else I might of missed? I know some are not necessary but I was just thinking of everything I'd want/need?

If anyone else has anything to add, I'm all ears. Also, a lot of the accessories I found were on Ebay or Amazon. Any other places that might be better cheaper to buy?

Thanks!
If you've got the bose system, add the ROEM-NIS2. If you have the non-bose system, add the metra 70-7550.

Considering how the PAC ROEM-NIS2 is connected with the radio, it's very unlikely it's being used for the subwoofer, you may have a line output converter made by Pacific Audio Corporation between the factory radio/amp and your subwoofer's amp.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
If you've got the bose system, add the ROEM-NIS2. If you have the non-bose system, add the metra 70-7550.

Considering how the PAC ROEM-NIS2 is connected with the radio, it's very unlikely it's being used for the subwoofer, you may have a line output converter made by Pacific Audio Corporation between the factory radio/amp and your subwoofer's amp.
Thanks Wrathernaut, always helpful. You're right now that you mention it. I believe it was a LOC that they had to add when they installed my mono amp and subs. Everything else is still running stock Bose radio and factory Bose interior speakers.

When the time comes to install my 2 ways comps and amp for them, I plan to also just get rid of the 6x9's in the rear and remove them completely. Would I just leave that PAC ROEM-NIS2 installed or remove that as well?

Thanks again for your help

Old 05-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to be installing the same HU. I've got a 2003 sedan w/Bose. Going to tear out everything and install new: HU, amp, front speakers, rear sub. My cost is starting to get higher than what I have to spend, so I decided to scratch the rear door speakers and just focus on the fronts.

Let us know how your install goes. I still have lots of little questions, so it would be nice to hear from recent experience how yours went.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Thanks!
This is an awesome unit, I just installed mine over the weekend and love it. Thanks to Wrathernaut's informative thread it was a cinch to install .

You'll also need the
 Double Din Trim Ring Double Din Trim Ring
to avoid the ugly gap around the system. Just a heads up you will also have to do this https://g35driver.com/forums/6546538-post1052.html to make it fit flush with the trim. Here's a picture of how it turned out.
Name:  20140512_191641_zps0e629abd.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  72.9 KB

I also installed a rear view camera in the license plate.
Name:  20140512_194233_zps10d2c6e7.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  50.4 KB

Last edited by JG_G35; 05-12-2014 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Problem was solved in another thread
Old 05-12-2014, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the picture. I've got the trim ring in my Wish List, along with everything else. Now just need to pull the plug and buy it! I saw the price on the 4000NEX was, iirc, somewhere ~$540 on Amazon a couple of weeks ago. I noticed it had jumped back up to over $600 this week, and seems to be coming down again. Waiting for it to get back to ~$550 (wishful thinking). .....Ouch, I just checked Amazon and its now at $695 (it was at ~$580 just a few hours ago). wtf. any rhyme or reason why it fluctuates so much?

Old 05-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by greenpassion
Thanks for the picture. I've got the trim ring in my Wish List, along with everything else. Now just need to pull the plug and buy it! I saw the price on the 4000NEX was, iirc, somewhere ~$540 on Amazon a couple of weeks ago. I noticed it had jumped back up to over $600 this week, and seems to be coming down again. Waiting for it to get back to ~$550 (wishful thinking). .....Ouch, I just checked Amazon and its now at $695 (it was at ~$580 just a few hours ago). wtf. any rhyme or reason why it fluctuates so much?
I have no idea why the price on that listing would be fluctuating like that unless they're running low on stock . I bought everything I needed from Ebay, this is the link to the one I purchased http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PIONEER-...item27e0b3b381 I doubt this one will change since I bought it for the exact same price a couple weeks ago. I'd stay away from that Amazon listing if I was you.

One more thing on the double din trim ring I did not glue it in place I just put it around the screen then installed the JDM Double Din over it. I was having trouble cutting it perfectly to fit the screen and JDM DD while also having the ability to let the screen tilt to expose the CD and MicroSD slot without it hitting the trim. So the way I have it I can't tilt it or access the CD/MicroSD slot. Anyone know a fix to this problem?

Last edited by JG_G35; 05-12-2014 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Adding a problem/question
Old 06-17-2014, 07:50 AM
Well I finally got around to getting everything I needed to get my install going. Just dropped off my car yesterday to Bing at Simplicity in Sound.

Also finally going to have my Image Dynamics XS65 components installed that I've had brand new in box the past 3 years.

Will update post once I pick it up on Friday.

@Juang20, just wondering where you were able to get that background "Infiniti Logo" pic? Thanks

Old 06-17-2014, 10:02 AM
Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts
Good info. Thanks

Old 06-17-2014, 11:38 AM
@Juang20, just wondering where you were able to get that background "Infiniti Logo" pic? Thanks
I just Googled "Infiniti Logo Background", there are a ton of images to choose from that'll fit great on the screen. After you choose the ones you want just dowload them to a flash drive/SD Card then upload the pictures into the unit. I literally switch backgrounds weekly so you might want to choose a handful also lol

Old 06-17-2014, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Juang20
I just Googled "Infiniti Logo Background", there are a ton of images to choose from that'll fit great on the screen. After you choose the ones you want just dowload them to a flash drive/SD Card then upload the pictures into the unit. I literally switch backgrounds weekly so you might want to choose a handful also lol
Thanks! I think I actually found that exact image and definitely will DL a few to keep in rotation. Thanks again!

Old 10-15-2014, 11:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks!

Did you actually need the parking brake bypass? I've read that you can just hook the green wire up to a ground. If anyone has any other experience with this I'm all ears. Just picked up the 4000nex... can't wait to install it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVH-4000NEX checklist of what I'll need for installation