Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Alpine 8"INE-Z928HD + JDM double din kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 12:38 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Alpine 8"INE-Z928HD + JDM double din kit

Just placed an order for a "Alpine INE-Z928HD 8" and "JDM double din kit" for my 06 g35 coupe.

Anyone have this setup? I feel like the 8inch screen is going to overlap or something. I dont think i would mind it too much but if anyone has any info on this set up with the JDM kit let me know!

I have some pics with modded din kits but not JDM.

[IMG][/IMG]

heres a youtube link with someone showing all sides of the Alpine 8inch stereo

im so excited to stop using CDs! soon

all input is welcome! thanks guys.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:57 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
That is a bigass screen! Post pics when you are done! I am still waiting for a DD blu ray player.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by superblackg35
Just placed an order for a "Alpine INE-Z928HD 8" and "JDM double din kit" for my 06 g35 coupe.

Anyone have this setup? I feel like the 8inch screen is going to overlap or something. I dont think i would mind it too much but if anyone has any info on this set up with the JDM kit let me know!

I have some pics with modded din kits but not JDM.

[IMG][/IMG]

heres a youtube link with someone showing all sides of the Alpine 8inch stereo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xvmfnC_SXk

im so excited to stop using CDs! soon

all input is welcome! thanks guys.
Is there any reason for a screen that big? It's not like anyone's going to be impressed watching movies on it when you can get a 12" tablet to do that for significantly less. I've got 6.1" and 7" screens in my G35s, and there's no usability difference in the two. I actually prefer the 6.1 since you get a physical volume **** instead of thin pushbutton volume control.

I've got issue with the sub-par navigation in headunits anyway. Not worth the premium at all compared to what's built into your smartphone. Just get a headunit that will mirror your smartphone and be done with it.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Is there any reason for a screen that big? It's not like anyone's going to be impressed watching movies on it when you can get a 12" tablet to do that for significantly less. I've got 6.1" and 7" screens in my G35s, and there's no usability difference in the two. I actually prefer the 6.1 since you get a physical volume **** instead of thin pushbutton volume control.

I've got issue with the sub-par navigation in headunits anyway. Not worth the premium at all compared to what's built into your smartphone. Just get a headunit that will mirror your smartphone and be done with it.
I placed an order on the screen already. meh not really a big fan of any units with a *****, I prefer a flat screen. I use the steering wheel controls anyways.

I am just worried about fit issues with the jdm kit (non navi) and this screen. I still have time to possibly change my order to my other unit of choice INA-W910BT which is a 7inch.

what do you think Wrathernaut? upon my research in this it seems like you have alot of knowledge in this. feed back from you would be reliable and usefull

Old 05-20-2014, 11:00 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

I placed an order on the screen already. meh not really a big fan of any units with a *****, I prefer a flat screen. I use the steering wheel controls anyways.

I am just worried about fit issues with the jdm kit (non navi) and this screen. I still have time to possibly change my order to my other unit of choice INA-W910BT which is a 7inch.

what do you think Wrathernaut? upon my research in this it seems like you have alot of knowledge in this. feed back from you would be reliable and usefull
I'd go with the smaller unit unless the 8" has some features above the 7" that make it worth the trouble.

As for modifying the JDM *trim* if you get the 8" - don't. Judging by the modified metra kit in those photos, all you need to do is modify your OEM radio face and put the JDM climate controls on it, and cut the lower section to suit the size of the 8", similar to how this one was modified:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...tock-face.html
Name:  photo-47.jpg
Views: 1010
Size:  59.1 KB

Old 05-21-2014, 12:32 AM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
I agree, I say you cut or modify your current radio to fit thebigger screen

Old 05-22-2014, 09:16 PM
I decided to call and cancel my order for the Alpine INE-Z928HD.

Didn't want to mess with modding a stereo trim and keep things "factory like" as possible.

I already placed the order for the JDM kit but god knows when ill get it. I called like 5 different places and all on "backorder" from japan with no EST. -_-''''

ordered the JDM from http://nissanraceshop.com/shop/jdm-n...5/#prettyPhoto

$325! pretty cheap some places have it now for $450!

I am going with the Alpine INA-W910BT +JDM Looks super flush and factory clean. really like.
debating whether to get a backup camera..not sure yet.

[IMG][/IMG]
Name:  img3409s_zps524fc655.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  79.9 KB
Name:  img3411ks_zps3ddc2f04.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  72.1 KB

thanks for quick input guys. much appreciated.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:54 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
You can get a simple lic plate camera. You should do it all at once instead of having to crack your dash open again later.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

I decided to call and cancel my order for the Alpine INE-Z928HD.

Didn't want to mess with modding a stereo trim and keep things "factory like" as possible.

I already placed the order for the JDM kit but god knows when ill get it. I called like 5 different places and all on "backorder" from japan with no EST. -_-''''

ordered the JDM from http://nissanraceshop.com/shop/jdm-n...5/#prettyPhoto

$325! pretty cheap some places have it now for $450!

I am going with the Alpine INA-W910BT +JDM Looks super flush and factory clean. really like.
debating whether to get a backup camera..not sure yet.

thanks for quick input guys. much appreciated.
Originally Posted by dukehotty
You can get a simple lic plate camera. You should do it all at once instead of having to crack your dash open again later.
Just run an RCA cable from the back-up camera plug to the trunk (or at least into the center console, under the armrest) and run the reverse wire to somewhere under the steering wheel (you'll probably be running the microphone wire through this route as well) if you're unsure about the back-up camera. You can always just connect those wires appropriately later when/if you do the camera without removing the radio again.

I'll also mention, if you're in the southeastern US, I'm usually available on weekends to help with installs. You provide the lunch and I've got the skills and tools.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Just run an RCA cable from the back-up camera plug to the trunk (or at least into the center console, under the armrest) and run the reverse wire to somewhere under the steering wheel (you'll probably be running the microphone wire through this route as well) if you're unsure about the back-up camera. You can always just connect those wires appropriately later when/if you do the camera without removing the radio again.

I'll also mention, if you're in the southeastern US, I'm usually available on weekends to help with installs. You provide the lunch and I've got the skills and tools.
sounds good! I live in Pasadena.
waiting on parts. This is all i got so far.
[IMG][/IMG]
(all the right parts? the antenna and pac say for "nissan")
no idea when im going to get the JDM kit though since its on backorder.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

sounds good! I live in Pasadena.
waiting on parts. This is all i got so far.

(all the right parts? the antenna and pac say for "nissan")
no idea when im going to get the JDM kit though since its on backorder.
Yep. Your car is a nissan.