Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Which solution to fix CD player/Stuck AC/ No lights on instrument panel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which solution to fix CD player/Stuck AC/ No lights on instrument panel?

Alright, I'm pretty much at the end point of dealing with this.....I have now bought my 3rd radio and it did not fix the problem of no radio/no gauge cluster lights/AC stuck. So I started looking at different threads for the past couple hours and it seems like it may be a circuit board issue? Here's what I've come across:

- There is a service bulletin issue but it only concerns certain vins and for the 2003 model year only?
- It is a circuit board problem and that costs roughly $1,000
- It is a radio problem and you buy a new one (on my third)
- It is a radio problem and you go aftermarket - $700+
- It's a problem with the resistors and they can be soldered back together (DIY up top does not show pictures anymore and where would I even go to have this done?)
- It is a problem with the ribbon and that can be replaced cheaply

I have a 2005 coupe if it matters. Now that it is getting hotter outside, anytime it's 85+ degrees everything seems to work. Other than that, all those issues are there 90% of the time (for the past few months).

With all these solutions, what I'm asking is.....what's the best first step?

Thanks,

Old 07-06-2014, 09:40 PM
Take a look at this site:

http://www.carstereohelp.com/infiniti.htm

I have an 03 Coupe and had a similar radio/ AC panel failure. I live about an hour away from them so drove over and they had it fixed in about an hour and a half with a one year warranty. Cost $300 which included removal and installation. Nice guys and good service so would definitely recommend them. If you are not local (Orlando, FL) you can ship it to them. Hope this helps.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Blade Runner
Take a look at this site:

http://www.carstereohelp.com/infiniti.htm

I have an 03 Coupe and had a similar radio/ AC panel failure. I live about an hour away from them so drove over and they had it fixed in about an hour and a half with a one year warranty. Cost $300 which included removal and installation. Nice guys and good service so would definitely recommend them. If you are not local (Orlando, FL) you can ship it to them. Hope this helps.
This may be a serious contender for a solution....thanks! Anyone else ever use these guys? So I had another hot day today and the "new" radio I installed the other day came on, and then everything subsequently turned off 20 minutes later. So it's definitely not the radio? Anyone else have theirs work when theres hot weather?