Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

A Couple Simple Questions From a New G Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Couple Simple Questions From a New G Owner

Hey guys! So I just bought my 2005 infiniti g25 coupe sport with navigation system. I want to have an aux input to play my phone music in the car, Is the USA SPEC PA15-NIS THe thing i need for this? Will it fit with my nav system? Also, I was wondering if my throttle bodies should be cleaned, 106k miles and i dont think its been done. But my idle is right around 800-900 so is it even necessary? Lastly, my navigation system wont pop up when i press the button. It will go half up sometimes but then get stuck. I know this is a common problem, but what is the actual thing wrong with the system? what piece needs replacing? Thanks for everything in advance!

P.S. IF the TBs do need cleaning, Do you recommend i do it myself? I heard it is really risky and can ruin your motor if you mess up, but if not then can you link me to a good tutorial?

Old 09-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
If its not stalling on warm starts don't clean it. To prevent ever needing to clean them tho, I would spray the hinges with carb/TB cleaner while someone in your car hits the gas a few times.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:20 PM
I havent stalled the car since i got it and it hasnt stalled on its own either so i dont think i need it. Thanks. Anyone know the answers to the others?

Old 09-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Yeah, you'll know if you ever need to when you start the car when its already warmed up and it stalls almost as quickly as it turned on.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by MilesToInfiniti
Hey guys! So I just bought my 2005 infiniti g25 coupe sport with navigation system. I want to have an aux input to play my phone music in the car, Is the USA SPEC PA15-NIS THe thing i need for this? Will it fit with my nav system? Also, I was wondering if my throttle bodies should be cleaned, 106k miles and i dont think its been done. But my idle is right around 800-900 so is it even necessary? Lastly, my navigation system wont pop up when i press the button. It will go half up sometimes but then get stuck. I know this is a common problem, but what is the actual thing wrong with the system? what piece needs replacing? Thanks for everything in advance!

P.S. IF the TBs do need cleaning, Do you recommend i do it myself? I heard it is really risky and can ruin your motor if you mess up, but if not then can you link me to a good tutorial?
You might want to split this question up to the appropriate forums.

The PA15-NIS adapter fits just fine, it's an adapter with wires on both sides, so you can put it in several places, none of which would interfere with factory navigation.

Stuck navigation is usually dirty/ungreased rails for the pop-up screen. Follow the video I put together to get the navigation out to the rails to clean/regrease. Nothing needs replacement.

Radio cluster removal:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...urce-list.html

Nav removal video: https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...ment-info.html

Old 09-02-2014, 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
You might want to split this question up to the appropriate forums.

The PA15-NIS adapter fits just fine, it's an adapter with wires on both sides, so you can put it in several places, none of which would interfere with factory navigation.

Stuck navigation is usually dirty/ungreased rails for the pop-up screen. Follow the video I put together to get the navigation out to the rails to clean/regrease. Nothing needs replacement.

Radio cluster removal:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...urce-list.html

Nav removal video: https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...ment-info.html

Sweet, I will order the adapter now. And tomorrow i will check out your video and try to fix my rails. thank you.