Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Stereo, volume sticks and some modes don't work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM Stereo, volume sticks and some modes don't work

Hey All,

I've got an '03 Sedan, and find kind of odd. To start off, a little over a year ago I did the fix for the climate control/stereo and it's worked flawlessly since until now. So i've had experience pulling the thing apart and doing a repair, and the repair method shouldn't have damaged any other components unless they were directly nearby SMT parts.

The volume control, hitting the buttons will allow it to change volume up and down, but no actual volume adjustment happens. It'll still switch on/off when I go between 0 and 1 volume levels.

On top of that, the stereo's CD mode doesn't even work, the load, eject and CD buttons on the front do nothing. Switching to Radio has no output whatsoever, and the tape mode seems to spit out tapes often as if it detects the end of tape. (I've been using a tape for AUX).

It's seems from the behavior that there's another broken circuit that's making/breaking due to temperature since things will sometimes work fine. I'm hoping someone around here has some knowledge of the board layout, or even a circuit diagram for the board level electronics.

I don't want to replace the stereo with an aftermarket stereo. I know that'll fix the problem, but I don't want to invest that kind of money. Though I may be willing to buy someone's OEM unit if they have it laying around.

Anyone? Or even someone have similar issues?

Old 10-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
This one is new to me, and I've been monitoring this forum for quite some time now.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:23 PM
I could pull the unit apart again and inspect the board, but it would be much easier if I found a circuit diagram. I did see one previously but I don't know if actually had the board level circuit or the assembly above it.

I don't know why I didn't think of this, several months ago the fusible link in my car flat out melted the cable connector on the 100A fuse rather than blowing the fuse, and may have damaged the unit.

It does look like this guy is alluding to the same problem though. He mentions the volume control working, but doesn't actually adjust the volume. I'm really at a loss though.

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...und-radio.html

Old 10-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
The circuit board diagram:
http://elektrotanya.com/clarion_pn24.../download.html

The page takes a minute to fully load, look for the part toward the bottom where it says:
"This file is downloadable free of charge: Processing" after a minute, "Get Manual" will appear where processing was.

The following users liked this post:
Hydroshock (10-06-2014)
Old 10-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the link - I went to the page previously and it didn't seem to get me a link to download so I thought maybe it was a dead file. I guess I just needed to try another browser because the linked popped up in IE.