Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Clarifying aux stereo input install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 11:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Clarifying aux stereo input install

2006 G35X premium here, with the Bose 6 Disc non-navigation. I opened the trunk tonight, and found out that there is, of course, a adapter plug for satellite, but no satellite unit is there. At first, I found the bluetooth module mounted to the passenger side rear window deck inside the trunk, and thought that this was the satellite radio. Some folks have even listed an identical part to this on ebay, claiming it's the satellite module.

1. So, I don't have anything hooked up to the satellite plug now. When cycling through the options by clicking the RADIO button, it goes FM1>FM2>AM and then back to FM1. I guess this is to be expected? In other words, if there is nothing detected via the satellite cabling, the option won't show up on the head unit menu?

2. When I do plug in an aux adapter, cycling through the RADIO button menu will then show either SAT1 or SAT2, since an aftermarket satellite to aux/USB input module tricks the head unit into thinking there's a satellite module installed?

3. I am a Galaxy S5 user - I know I saw an iSimple or some other aftermarket satellite/aux input module which allowed for control of the phone through the car's controls. Am I mistaken here, or could someone point me the right direction as I cannot find that now.

I know this issue has been beaten to death just about everywhere, but the answers to the questions I've asked haven't been dealt with head-on in all the reading I've done! Thanks to anyone for answers/suggestions.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
1) yes.

2) yes.

3) the only ones that will control an android phone are ones that use the Bluetooth remote control protocol.

The following users liked this post:
munkle (11-09-2014)
Old 11-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, that's perfect. I just went ahead and ordered iSimple ISNI531 Automotive Dual Auxiliary Input Kit for Select Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles - should plug into SAT harness in trunk.

Also, took apart my disc changer last night, and the optical lens arm was stuck in the center (play) position and the rod which locks the arm into that position would not budge, preventing me from rotating the arm to the side to be able to get my discs. Obviously, the deck was toast. At least I got back 6 discs I haven't seen in over a year!