Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing a Double Din and New Speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 02:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing a Double Din and New Speakers

So i want to Install a Double Din in replace of the Factory HU on my 06' G35 Coupe so i already bought and received a 'Kenwood DDX371' Double Din. I chose this mainly because i wanted a touch screen radio and have bluetooth compatibility. I have read reviews on this and most of them are good about it. But i want y'alls thoughts on it. And yes i did buy a JDM kit which i also received already, not that cheap looking Metra kit lol.

Onto the speakers, since I'm replacing my HU, i might as well replace the speakers as well. I have yet to buy speakers but thats also why I'm here. I wanted to know a couple of good name brands that y'all recommend. I was looking into Kickers because i hear a lot about them but want to see if there are anymore good affordable ones better than these that you recommend. Any help is appreciated!

Old 12-12-2014, 03:44 AM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Thumbs up

I have MB Quart front and rear speakers. The fronts are 6 1/2 with the separate tweeter and cross over. The rears are 6x9 three way speakers. I also have a 5 channel amp, a rear tag bracket with built in back up sensors and camera, Pioneer 950bh. I'll get everything installed after the new year.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
My current favorite quality-per-dollar is the Image Dynamics CTX65-cs. I've got them in my wife's g35, and (much more expensive, very-highly rated) Boston Acoustics Pro60se in my g35, and the Image Dynamics are just as good when any sort of road noise is factored in. I may be able to tell the two apart with the cars stopped and not running, but I'd rather have the extra $ over that possible difference. They look like they're running about $230 now, they used to be around $170, but I think word on how good they are has driven the price up a little. I'd still buy them again at the higher price.

You'll get higher sound quality with any speaker if you spend money on proper sound deadening. Even some simple CLD tiles from SoundDeadenerShowdown.com - http://sounddeadenershowdown.com/pro...tiles%E2%84%A2 - will have a huge impact on sound quality in the car, particularly when it's being driven.

The following users liked this post:
Justice06RR (12-16-2014)