Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

07 G35 Coupe iPhone Mount?

Old 07-07-2015, 02:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 07 G35 Coupe iPhone Mount?

So I've been looking around for a good iPhone car mount and have stumbled across a couple of vent mounts... I was just wondering if the vent mounts were strong enough to hold the iPhone up since the vents do move up and down..

If not, any suggestions?

Old 07-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Vent mounts don't really work in our cars as the vents rotate up and down and don't support the weight of the phone well.

I've had good success with the Kuda mount. See attached pic. Pro Clips USA also has one that I haven't tried, but the Kuda is a nicer leather mount that matches the interior. A bit pricey, but well worth the quality.

http://www.kudausa.com/kuda-custom-l...7-07-k266.html
http://www.kudausa.com/kuda-custom-l...5-06-k264.html

Attached Thumbnails 07 G35 Coupe iPhone Mount?-pioneer2.jpg  
Old 07-07-2015, 12:24 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
I personally like the ProClip mounting solution. They have 2 mounts for the G35, next to steering wheel, and to the right of the radio. They clip onto the center console, so don't block a vent. Little pricey, but I drive a lot and wanted a good mount to use my phone for navigation, music, etc.

My post in a similar thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/...ml#post6989325
Originally Posted by LoSt180
I've been using a ProClip (www.proclipusa.com) mount system for a few years now. They have a two-part system where you need the vehicle specific mount, plus the phone specific mount. I got an adjustable "universal" phone mount since I figured I'd change phones more than my car, has worked with my S2 and now S5. I actually use my CD player, and didn't want a suction mount on my windshield. Only downfall is the full setup can be a little pricey, but for as much time as I spend in the car it was totally worth it.

For the G35, they have a "center" and an "angled" mount. I've tried both and they are a perfect setup if you use your phone for Nav, pandora, or use something like Torque Pro to monitor your car. I drive a lot, so I'll admit to geeking out to all of those. I used the angled mount for a few years, it puts the phone right about the same level as the volume control, so it's easy to reach to change songs on your phone or what ever. The position doesn't block any vents or dash/HVAC buttons either since the phone sits off to the side. About a month ago I changed to the center mount for a few reasons, it put the phone at a better "glance" position for nav usage and my wife would constantly knock the angled mount off the center console with her purse. Only downfall to the center mount is that I sometimes hit it with my knuckles when putting in the key, and it slightly obscures view of the defrost & fan speed buttons. I normally leave my system at a set temp with the AUTO function so it's not an issue, but if you're the type that constantly messes with fan speed you might find it annoying.

Anyway, I didn't mean for this to turn into a ProClip review, lol. If you check out the site and like what you see, I do have an angled mount I'll sell for pretty cheap to save a few bucks (you'll still need to purchase the device holder).

http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard-...oupe/2006.cmsv