Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exploring radio/aircon unit - Fault radio but good a/c

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Exploring radio/aircon unit - Fault radio but good a/c

I am exploring my options with what to do with my faulty bose headunit.
My headunit has a dead display and comes on randomly (maybe loose wire?) but the a/c controls, unlike most stories I've read, works completely fine - no problems at all.

I'm thinking of mounting a single din somewhere. Most likely in the cubby hole above the a/c controls. This is just an idea for now. First I have a few questions.

With the JDM DD kits, is there any extra wire/harness/module included? From what I understand, if I disconnect the HU plugs (2 I think) and leave the a/c plugs connected, the a/c will not function correctly. So if I had the JDM a/c controls and connected my stock dash harness to the JDM a/c controls it should work, but what is the difference? Is the a/c itself different or is there an extra harness which connects some wire between the stereo harness to the a/c harness.

So basically, do you simply unplug your stock a/c controls and take those same plugs and connect up your new JDM a/c controls? Or is there more to it. I want to know this because I have read that the stock a/c controls won't work without the stereo connected, and if that is the case, what is the difference with the JDM a/c controls or the wiring. By knowing that difference I can know what can be disconnected.

Any input or information on the radio/aircon setup is appreciated. I'm just trying to figure out how the system works before doing anything.