Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 coupe, running wires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 10:52 AM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
03 coupe, running wires

Im looking for ideas to run wires. Its an active set up

Im gonna have the power wire probably 0 gauge from the battery to trunk

1 -4wire 14 gauge going from each door to trunk
1- 2 wire 14 gauge from each rear speaker to trunk

From the radio to trunk

1 remote wire
1 4 wire rca
1 2 wire rca
And whatever else i need for the back up camera

I never tore this interior apart so i need ideas . I dont want to run to many wires thru the floor trim and have a problem putting the trim on.

What do you guys suggest ? Thanks

Old 01-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by Siciliang35
Im looking for ideas to run wires. Its an active set up

Im gonna have the power wire probably 0 gauge from the battery to trunk

1 -4wire 14 gauge going from each door to trunk
1- 2 wire 14 gauge from each rear speaker to trunk

From the radio to trunk

1 remote wire
1 4 wire rca
1 2 wire rca
And whatever else i need for the back up camera

I never tore this interior apart so i need ideas . I dont want to run to many wires thru the floor trim and have a problem putting the trim on.

What do you guys suggest ? Thanks
Power wire is a no-brainer. Cut a hole and drop it through the factory main grommet that's in the same area as the battery. Use RTV silicone to seal the wire into hole, as runoff from the front windshield can accumulate here, so it's prone to have water come through if you're not sealed.
That drops into the passenger footwell, just run it behind the plastic panels as it comes down and under the carpet. There's a huge channel that easily will take a 0-gauge wire, easily accessed by removing the lower door weatherstripping and kickplate.

That channel will go to the rear seat, where you just run behind the side trim if you want to run the wire to under the rear deck, or under the rear seats if you want to go the the trunk floor. You don't need to remove as much trim as I did here, just pulling the carpet back a little is enough to run the wire.

Once you replace the carpet, there's zero evidence there's wire going through there:

Powered speaker wire, Remote wire and RCAs, just take them through the center console and under the carpet on the driveshaft hump. You have to partially disassemble the center console to run the wires, but it's pretty much all little screws, no fragile clips:

You can also run the powered speaker wire though the corresponding channel on the driver's side the same way you ran the power wire down the passenger side, but there's a lot of space in the center console for wiring, and it's plenty separated from the power wire to alleviate any noise from proximity.

Last edited by Wrathernaut; 01-09-2016 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Power wire is a no-brainer. Cut a hole and drop it through the factory main grommet that's in the same area as the battery. Use RTV silicone to seal the wire into hole, as runoff from the front windshield can accumulate here, so it's prone to have water come through if you're not sealed.
That drops into the passenger footwell, just run it behind the plastic panels as it comes down and under the carpet. There's a huge channel that easily will take a 0-gauge wire, easily accessed by removing the lower door weatherstripping and kickplate.

That channel will go to the rear seat, where you just run behind the side trim if you want to run the wire to under the rear deck, or under the rear seats if you want to go the the trunk floor. You don't need to remove as much trim as I did here, just pulling the carpet back a little is enough to run the wire.

Once you replace the carpet, there's zero evidence there's wire going through there:

Powered speaker wire, Remote wire and RCAs, just take them through the center console and under the carpet on the driveshaft hump. You have to partially disassemble the center console to run the wires, but it's pretty much all little screws, no fragile clips:

You can also run the powered speaker wire though the corresponding channel on the driver's side the same way you ran the power wire down the passenger side, but there's a lot of space in the center console for wiring, and it's plenty separated from the power wire to alleviate any noise from proximity.

Fkn beautiful answer. I usually run all my wires the same as ur saying to run the power on both sides. Rca included but sometimes have problem putting trim back on...... thanks for your time.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:14 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
What sort of power is/are your amp(s) supposed to be pushing that you need 0 Gauge wire?
Just wondering because I am installing soon and I have 8 Gauge so wondering if I should get something thicker

Old 01-15-2016, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by BradMD_96
What sort of power is/are your amp(s) supposed to be pushing that you need 0 Gauge wire?
Just wondering because I am installing soon and I have 8 Gauge so wondering if I should get something thicker
If your doing anything over around 400 watts I'd use a bigger wire but its important you get copper wire and not copper clad.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by BradMD_96
If your doing anything over around 400 watts I'd use a bigger wire but its important you get copper wire and not copper clad.

The following users liked this post:
BradMD_96 (01-18-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 10:56 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Siciliang35
400 watts rms or max?
My amp is 800w max with 340w RMS

Old 01-17-2016, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=BradMD_96;7039779]400 watts rms or max?
My amp is 800w max with 340w RMS[/QUOTE

Id go with
Stinger SK4641 4 Gauge 4000 Series Car Audio Amplifier Installation Kit* or something like that. Its affordable and good quality. Your probably good with 8 gauge but if u ever want to upgrade ,wich is likely ul be set. Once you start playing with your car it gets easier to one up what you already have

Last edited by Siciliang35; 01-17-2016 at 09:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
BradMD_96 (01-18-2016)