Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth calling not working...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 03:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Bluetooth calling not working...

My '07 coupe seems to have a problem with the Bluetooth calling. I can't get it to make any sound or connect to a phone no matter what I do. My phone does see the car in the Bluetooth settings.

The lights near the mic portion of the system flash when the steering wheel buttons are pushed, so it looks like the buttons are operational. All my factory speakers work fine with music, yet I hear no voice commands or anything at all from the OEM bluetooth system.

I've been through my owner's manual, but I don't see many answers and haven't been able to find anyone with the same problem as me. The factory radio was replaced with a new factory radio at a dealership before I bought the car. Is it possible someone left something un-hooked?

Old 03-23-2016, 12:02 PM
Anyone?

Old 06-22-2016, 02:53 PM
One last bump...

Old 06-22-2016, 03:51 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Must've missed this one.

If the lights are coming up, and the device is seen by the phone, everything in the trunk should be right, and there's no "bluetooth" factory radios, just bose/non-bose.

If your steering wheel buttons work for controlling the radio, then the M39 harness, which has the steering remote wires in addition to the bluetooth audio/control, is connected to the back of the radio.

Try going through the self-diagnosis procedure that starts on page 103: http://psedog.com/cars/fsm/g35/coupe/2007/av.pdf

Old 06-22-2016, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Must've missed this one.

If the lights are coming up, and the device is seen by the phone, everything in the trunk should be right, and there's no "bluetooth" factory radios, just bose/non-bose.

If your steering wheel buttons work for controlling the radio, then the M39 harness, which has the steering remote wires in addition to the bluetooth audio/control, is connected to the back of the radio.

Try going through the self-diagnosis procedure that starts on page 103: http://psedog.com/cars/fsm/g35/coupe/2007/av.pdf
Thanks for the response. I don't know if I was dreaming before or what, but I no longer see the car on my phone. Steering wheel controls all work fine. Light still flashes when the car is started and when the call button is pushed. No voice commands, no beeps. I'll try to make time soon to tear into the trunk to do some diagnosis.

I guess the big question is, is it worth much hassle if I'm going to be replacing the head unit anyway? I've got the dreaded CD player failure and don't want to put the 3rd OEM HU in the car.

Old 06-23-2016, 04:09 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by dillon_b12
Thanks for the response. I don't know if I was dreaming before or what, but I no longer see the car on my phone. Steering wheel controls all work fine. Light still flashes when the car is started and when the call button is pushed. No voice commands, no beeps. I'll try to make time soon to tear into the trunk to do some diagnosis.

I guess the big question is, is it worth much hassle if I'm going to be replacing the head unit anyway? I've got the dreaded CD player failure and don't want to put the 3rd OEM HU in the car.
Big answer is, No. The factory bluetooth mic is pretty poor to begin with, you're probably going to get better audio by just doing speakerphone mode on your phone and turning off the radio when you get a call, so just wait until you go aftermarket to worry about bluetooth.

Old 06-23-2016, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Big answer is, No. The factory bluetooth mic is pretty poor to begin with, you're probably going to get better audio by just doing speakerphone mode on your phone and turning off the radio when you get a call, so just wait until you go aftermarket to worry about bluetooth.
Thanks for the help anyway. I was hoping it might be something silly like a blown fuse or something. If it's going to be work, it really doesn't seem like it's worth the hassle.

Old 09-19-2016, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Similiar Problem

Don't feel bad atleast your light flashes by the microphone, mines don't even come on but I can hear voice commands, the car just can't hear me it seems! I'm thinking that my microphone is bad or something is disconnected.