Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

06' Nav Screen Stuck On Oil Maintenence

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 11:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CPV35
06' Nav Screen Stuck On Oil Maintenence

Whats up guys. My brother in law picked up a supercharged 06' coupe, and he cannot get his nav screen to switch from the oil change maintenance screen. Once he starts the car, the warning screen pops up, then switches to the oil notification. He did a oil change once he got the car, but i think the problem may be either his buttons are not working to back out of that screen or maybe since the previous owner installed a aftermarket cd player, something may not have been hooked up correctly since his steering wheel controls do not work either (i understand you need a harness for this) but i feel there were short cuts with this car. If there could be any other reason for his screen to stay on this, and advice would be great. Thanks

Old 09-05-2016, 02:24 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by NismoSkylineV35
Whats up guys. My brother in law picked up a supercharged 06' coupe, and he cannot get his nav screen to switch from the oil change maintenance screen. Once he starts the car, the warning screen pops up, then switches to the oil notification. He did a oil change once he got the car, but i think the problem may be either his buttons are not working to back out of that screen or maybe since the previous owner installed a aftermarket cd player, something may not have been hooked up correctly since his steering wheel controls do not work either (i understand you need a harness for this) but i feel there were short cuts with this car. If there could be any other reason for his screen to stay on this, and advice would be great. Thanks
It's been years since I had my OEM navigation system running, but you should be able to reset the oil change from that warning screen - just use the little joystick to highlight and press the stick in to select. There is no automatic oil change reset - it's all based on the number of miles since the last reset.

Aftermarket radio install won't be the cause of the problem. Something screwed up during the install, like damaging the wires between the two, maybe.

The harness that the navigation controls are on is the same one that the screen display goes through, so everything's plugged up correctly - but I can't assess damage to anything.

See if the system will go into diagnostic mode by holding the MAP button and day/night button for five seconds. That should work regardless of the oil change status.

Old 09-05-2016, 04:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CPV35
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
It's been years since I had my OEM navigation system running, but you should be able to reset the oil change from that warning screen - just use the little joystick to highlight and press the stick in to select. There is no automatic oil change reset - it's all based on the number of miles since the last reset.

Aftermarket radio install won't be the cause of the problem. Something screwed up during the install, like damaging the wires between the two, maybe.

The harness that the navigation controls are on is the same one that the screen display goes through, so everything's plugged up correctly - but I can't assess damage to anything.

See if the system will go into diagnostic mode by holding the MAP button and day/night button for five seconds. That should work regardless of the oil change status.
From what he says, no matter what buttons he pushes, nothing happens. I think somehow his buttons are not connected. I'll tell him to remove it and check it out