Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Clime control color code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clime control color code

I am trying to understand how to re-write a custom board of my climate control, I understand RED and BLACK are the main power, but what about the other cables? What do they do?

Are they Serial communication to a main controller? I can see there is a chip MB90583CA and seems like two cables are used to send data via Serial.

Old 11-24-2016, 01:53 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Best help you're going to get without access to the full circuit diagram is the service manual - http://psedog.com/cars/fsm/g35/coupe/2006/atc.pdf

Starting about page 33.

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (11-24-2016)
Old 11-24-2016, 04:00 AM
I feel like i need to use opto insulator to trigger the real board. I thought there was only button and not sensors as well.

Thanks for your help!

Old 11-24-2016, 11:54 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by max246
I feel like i need to use opto insulator to trigger the real board. I thought there was only button and not sensors as well.

Thanks for your help!
If you want to trigger the real board, you'll have to keep the entire thing intact, unless you're willing to map the entire thing out and solder around the dependencies on the lower 80% of the radio/climate control board. IMO, definitely not worth the time invested unless you absolutely must have the rotary encoder for temperature control instead of another method to trigger momentary contact switches.

Triggering an aftermarket Metra climate control is a much simpler process - and one I'll be doing again for a board member here for a total custom interior they're doing. The big problems I had doing it the first time was in trying to re-use the cut-off climate control portion, which has a lot of hidden connections throughout the circuit board. This time I'm re-creating that board from a blank one so the only connections there are the ones I make.

You might be interested in the "frankenboard" project build log, the juicy parts start here: https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...-dd-kit-2.html

Old 11-24-2016, 05:04 PM
I might then create a PCB and re-writing the switch and leds, just worried about the potentiometer as it seems to have 1 output cable and 2 pin to ground. Usually is 1 out, 1 VCC and one GND

Old 11-24-2016, 05:21 PM
I suppose I can use DS1669 to make the rotatory to two buttons, but will need figure out the wiring of these 3 cables.
Have you found it out?

Old 11-24-2016, 10:34 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by max246
I might then create a PCB and re-writing the switch and leds, just worried about the potentiometer as it seems to have 1 output cable and 2 pin to ground. Usually is 1 out, 1 VCC and one GND
It's not a potentiometer, it's a rotary encoder.

If you use the metra climate board, it's two momentary pushbuttons. If you're using the OEM board or JDM climate control, I would recommend extending the wires from the OEM rotary encoder and just using it in whatever custom board you create.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.