Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

zen enclosure sub recommendations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 09:04 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
zen enclosure sub recommendations

I'm probably gonna go ahead and order a zen enclosure for my 03.5 Sedan. The problem is I'm not sure now what sub to throw in here. I wanted to stay with 1 ten on somewhat of a budget but this is a sealed box with 1.60ft^3 which is huge for a sealed enclosure. I want to keep sub price down below $200. My last sub was a fosgate p3 and I loved it but it doesn't need this much space. Matching a sub with an enclosure is the hard part of the process IMO.

Also since this is a wall type looking enclosure I'm somewhat concerned with sound quality if anyone has past experience

Old 12-13-2016, 11:10 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by Swaglife81
I'm probably gonna go ahead and order a zen enclosure for my 03.5 Sedan. The problem is I'm not sure now what sub to throw in here. I wanted to stay with 1 ten on somewhat of a budget but this is a sealed box with 1.60ft^3 which is huge for a sealed enclosure. I want to keep sub price down below $200. My last sub was a fosgate p3 and I loved it but it doesn't need this much space. Matching a sub with an enclosure is the hard part of the process IMO.

Also since this is a wall type looking enclosure I'm somewhat concerned with sound quality if anyone has past experience
Yeah, that's one of the problems with the zenclosure one - it seals the sub from the cabin, so you're firing into the trunk instead of the cabin. You can fill the space by just gluing down a few bricks or styrofoam, depending on if you want it heavy or light.

Old 12-15-2016, 04:10 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
My advice is to troll as many G forums, Google and any of the "allcraigslist" websites in search of a sedan 4080 (Boxology) box. Pretty much the dream pre-made box for our cars IMHO. I know Wrathernut will second this as well.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:52 AM
Wasn't someone on here re making a 4080 type box for the sedan a year or so back. I read all through that thread but seemed like it died off or the maker lost interest. I know finished molds were ready for each side. Not much info past that.

I just have to much going on right now to get into wood work.

So Wrathernaut or Blue Dream are you advising against the Zen enclosure. It is to big for 1 sub but I could port it and maybe add something to reduce volume of the enclosure. My factory sub is removed so bass can come in through that hole in the deck.There just isn't much info if someone hasn't seen the enclosure in person. The site only has 2 pictures of the whole enclosure.

To be honest I really want to throw in a Sundown Audio SA-10, amazing sub

Old 12-15-2016, 01:12 PM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
Wasn't someone on here re making a 4080 type box for the sedan a year or so back. I read all through that thread but seemed like it died off or the maker lost interest. I know finished molds were ready for each side. Not much info past that.

So Wrathernaut or Blue Dream are you advising against the Zen enclosure. It is to big for 1 sub but I could port it and maybe add something to reduce volume of the enclosure. My factory sub is removed so bass can come in through that hole in the deck.There just isn't much info if someone hasn't seen the enclosure in person. The site only has 2 pictures of the whole enclosure.

I went with a zenclosure box it does take up a lot of space in the trunk but I also went with a 12w7 in the trunk the only good thing is you can hide the amp and capacitor behind the enclosure

Old 12-15-2016, 10:24 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts

There's lots of zenclosure users if you look around. But yes, I would hold out for a 4080 box, they hit the classifieds here occasionally.

Old 12-15-2016, 10:28 PM
Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts
I have a zenclosure box for my two 8" subs. I'm not an audio cray person but it sounds good and hits pretty hard for my needs.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:19 PM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

That's my set up with zenclosure box

Old 12-16-2016, 02:56 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
That's clean but I needed to keep my trunk as functional as I could which is why I went with a 4080 box. With a 12" sub box I can still fit 3 sets of golf clubs in the car and my pass through to the back seat is still fully functional. Here's a pic from my install thread; amps painted LS mounted to boards fab'd to install on the cross brace behind the rear seats and the passenger side 4080 with MB Quart sub.

Show more

Also the said mounting boards in place:

The member you all are talking about who was making the sedan replica 4080's screen name is SN00P. Really chill dude, he's not on here much but it wouldn't hurt to shoot him a PM to see if he's making the boxes any more or at the least does he have a line on one for sale. They're soooo worth it if you can find one

Last edited by Blue Dream; 12-16-2016 at 03:00 AM.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:51 AM
Thank You for the replies. One of the audio forums I made a similar post and actually talked to a guy that lives locally where Zen is located and picked up a box in person. He said if you email them they will make a similar enclosure to your specs rather than ordering the pre selected enclosures. So looks like I can now run the sub I want. I'm going to contact them and see what they can do. I don't want any speaker wire connections made into the enclosure. I'll choose where I want the wires coming out when I do the install. Probably 2 small drilled holes I'll run the speaker wires from. I'll let you guys know on the custom spec prices they offer if you want. I will also send Snoop a message.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.