Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Climate Control Not Working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 12:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Climate Control Not Working

Started my 2004 g35 coupe this morning and the climate control display would not show anything. Compass and outside temp. was also was not showing.

I cannot get my heat, ac, fans, or anything related to the climate control to light up or work besides the rear defroster.

Already has aftermarket radio so i don't think its the circuit board in there. Radio works fine and unlike others with the radio related issue mine won't display anything on the climate screen.

Any help is appreciated. Not fun to drive in New England winters without heat.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Dunsmoor
Started my 2004 g35 coupe this morning and the climate control display would not show anything. Compass and outside temp. was also was not showing.

I cannot get my heat, ac, fans, or anything related to the climate control to light up or work besides the rear defroster.

Already has aftermarket radio so i don't think its the circuit board in there. Radio works fine and unlike others with the radio related issue mine won't display anything on the climate screen.

Any help is appreciated. Not fun to drive in New England winters without heat.
Have you consulted the FSM?

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manu...Coupe/2004/atc

See page ATC-44, 45

Did you check for blown fuses?

Telcoman

Old 01-04-2017, 01:34 PM
Haven't looked in the fsm yet. All fuses are good. Checked the ones by drivers foot well area and ones next to battery with a test light.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:46 PM
Update: I tried the manuals check system function but doesn't work as my illumination screen does not turn on. The buttons for the heat, fan, defrosters and all that stuff light up upon the first few seconds of turning key on but lights go away after a couple seconds. Not sure if that helps anyone with the issue. Right now i think its somehow all linked to the illumination display.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:49 PM
alright fellas...fixed it. Took apart the clip in piece that surrounds the climate control screen and analog clock. As i was unscrewing the climate control/ compass screen the compass and outside temp came on. It read 194 degrees fahrenheit but dropped down rapidly to close to the actual outside temp. Waited a second and turned the fan on and the display came back to that too. It all works now and ill survive the freezing new england winter once again.

thanks telcoman, the fsm will definitely be of use the next time something else breaks.

The following users liked this post:
telcoman (01-04-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I seem to have the same problem. My radio works but it got colder than normal here (15 F) and suddenly the climate display either flickers on and off or doesn't come on at all. The illumination for fan buttons and climate are on but when you push them they do not turn on. I checked fuses and they all seem fine.

I read your fix but I don't quite understand it. You "took apart the clip in piece that surronds the climate control screen and clock and when you unscrewed the climate control/compass screen it came on?" I don't really know how to do this. Could you post a picture of what you did? Or explain it. Thanks so much.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:21 AM
[QUOTE=jimmycaps;7091269]I seem to have the same problem. My radio works but it got colder than normal here (15 F) and suddenly the climate display either flickers on and off or doesn't come on at all. The illumination for fan buttons and climate are on but when you push them they do not turn on. I checked fuses and they all seem fine.

First, give the climate control some firm inward taps. its probably just a loose connection. But to take the climate piece out just use a flat head under the bottom of the analog clock and the whole panel will come out as its just clip in.

Old 05-25-2022, 06:20 PM
infiniti g35
[QUOTE=Dunsmoor;7091311][QUOTE=

First, give the climate control some firm inward taps. its probably just a loose connection. But to take the climate piece out just use a flat head under the bottom of the analog clock and the whole panel will come out as its just clip in.[/

QUOTE]=joseef916 I have the same problem but ever seen i took to radio out to fix something and I put everything back together and the climate control won’t turn on and I don’t get what u mean

Old 11-26-2022, 07:49 AM
Infinity G35 sedan
Fix for my controls not working

Upper display panel dead and climate controls dead, radio okay. Also, the shift lock wasn’t working either. Found the #12 (10A) fuse was blown, found in the drivers left foot fuse panel. But it kept blowing out. Traced the short to ground back to a bad AC compressor ECV solenoid.

Last edited by berickvoncapa; 11-26-2022 at 11:37 AM.