Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Frustrated - OEM nav not working after DD install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frustrated - OEM nav not working after DD install

Can't find the answer or figure out the problem - Nav not workng after DD install, pioneer avh 2700 bs, metra 75-7550, Kicker ix1000.5 amp, Hertz components, kicker solobaric 10l7.

Cut trim to fit DD, no JD metra dash kit, no current working ac controller.

HU works fine except it's tempermetal with DVD/CD's.

Hear 3 beeps after IGN on. Nav screen doesn't come on, DVD ROM will not eject

I've checked all the fuses, wiring seems so don't know if I'm missing something the wiring - connections with the metra harnesses etc.

Off topic: anyone have recommendations for the front control arms bushing issues? My bushings are shot, thinking about the bushings kit from energy suspension vs. replacing g the lower control arms which would include new bushings and ball joints and/or coil spring/strut replacement?

Thank you.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Could be a missing ground?
Or
Return to stock & see if everything then works
Or
You may have purchased defective hardware?
Or
You may have wiring causing a short?
Or
You may be drawing too much current?

Telcoman

Old 01-24-2017, 05:12 PM
Thank you for your response. The Nav is grounded same way it was originally, but will double check with meter. Metra is installed as per Wrathernaut's DD post instructions. The hu is working and I had no issues with the Nav before the DD install so I didn't think it was defective hardware. The harness for the Nav screen and switch is inserted, there's no open wiring and all the fuses are OK so I don't think there's a short.

The three beebs when the ignition is turned on indicated that the nav is not getting power per the manual so I initially suspected a fuse. I studied the wiring diagrams in the manual thinking that there must be some additional/alternative wiring required via the metra as the factory hu has been removed, but if that's the issue I can't figure it out.

Anyone have the same issue or are familiar with what may be necessary to supply power to the Nav when installing the metra 75-7550 with a DD and removing the factory hu?

Thanks.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
You did not mention the year and model

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...a-70-7550.html

I do not see G35 or G37 listed

Compatibility List:

Infiniti:
1991 - 2002 G20
1996 - 2001 I30
1990 - 2002 Q45
1997 - 2002 QX4

Telcoman

Old 01-24-2017, 06:49 PM
I apologize, I used the 70-7550, not the 75-7550

2003 g35 coupe with Bose although all Bose has been removed.

I appologise, I listed the incorrect metra model no. I used the 70-7550 as per Wrathernaut's recommendation in his post, not the 75-7550 which as you correctly pointed out, would not work with my car. Again sorry for the misinformation.

Thank you.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:09 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman
You did not mention the year and model

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...a-70-7550.html

I do not see G35 or G37 listed

Compatibility List:

Infiniti:
1991 - 2002 G20
1996 - 2001 I30
1990 - 2002 Q45
1997 - 2002 QX4

Telcoman
Not exactly the most comprehensive list on that thing.

Originally Posted by jpcesq
2003 g35 coupe with Bose although all Bose has been removed.

I appologise, I listed the incorrect metra model no. I used the 70-7550 as per Wrathernaut's recommendation in his post, not the 75-7550 which as you correctly pointed out, would not work with my car. Again sorry for the misinformation.

Thank you.
The nav doesn't go through the radio for power, only for audio, so the only thing that would be causing errors in the navigation after the install (minus the navigation voice, of course) is if you blew a fuse, or caused a short or disconnect in the wire when messing with the harnesses. I can't rule out that the car is used the climate control for some sort of check before powering the navigation, so it may be worth making sure that is installed before you rip your hair out trying to figure it out.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Could be a defective harness adapter?

Telcoman

Old 01-25-2017, 09:49 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by telcoman
Could be a defective harness adapter?

Telcoman
Not from the radio, no.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:58 PM
Thank you very much for the responses. Yah this one is making me want to pull my hair out but unfortunately there's not as much left to pull out as there was a few years ago.

There are about three pages of things to check if there are beeps at startup and no display, which is exactly what I have. I was hoping for an easier out, that would not involve me having to take everything apart... again and my favorite part, trying to hold the rediculously large and aukward audio, nav, climate control (which I don't have) units with one hand, while using the other hand to manipulate the gear shift out of the way, unplug or plug in the wiring harnesses, RCA's, mic, USB, connect the grounds, the antenna etc while making sure everything is nicely packed in behind the unit and nothing gets twisted, unplugged , pulled apart, cracked or otherwise destroyed, as the the unit is reinstalled. The last time I rested the whole unit on the shift lever and messed up what I guess is the digitizer on my hu.

Interesting you mention the pos. that the cllimate control is integrated and its absence could possibly be the problem. I wouldn't be surprised. Just when you think, after the years of being tormented by the system that shall not be named, it is finally out of your life, you find out that it still has its tenacles intertwined in your electronic. It's amazing that the car will start without The Blose system, in its entirety, assembled and fully functional.

I'm looking at the manual again. It appears that more than just the audio may be routed through the missing, no highs ...no lows... blose HU.

Anyone have a definitive resolution before I start taking stuff apart again?

Thanks.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:02 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by jpcesq
Thank you very much for the responses. Yah this one is making me want to pull my hair out but unfortunately there's not as much left to pull out as there was a few years ago.

There are about three pages of things to check if there are beeps at startup and no display, which is exactly what I have. I was hoping for an easier out, that would not involve me having to take everything apart... again and my favorite part, trying to hold the rediculously large and aukward audio, nav, climate control (which I don't have) units with one hand, while using the other hand to manipulate the gear shift out of the way, unplug or plug in the wiring harnesses, RCA's, mic, USB, connect the grounds, the antenna etc while making sure everything is nicely packed in behind the unit and nothing gets twisted, unplugged , pulled apart, cracked or otherwise destroyed, as the the unit is reinstalled. The last time I rested the whole unit on the shift lever and messed up what I guess is the digitizer on my hu.

Interesting you mention the pos. that the cllimate control is integrated and its absence could possibly be the problem. I wouldn't be surprised. Just when you think, after the years of being tormented by the system that shall not be named, it is finally out of your life, you find out that it still has its tenacles intertwined in your electronic. It's amazing that the car will start without The Blose system, in its entirety, assembled and fully functional.

I'm looking at the manual again. It appears that more than just the audio may be routed through the missing, no highs ...no lows... blose HU.

Anyone have a definitive resolution before I start taking stuff apart again?

Thanks.
Only the audio goes through the headunit, it's the climate control that I haven't looked at enough to rule out, but I still think its absence unlikely to be responsible.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:02 PM
I had to order another mic for my hu so I'll have to pull it out anyway to install it and also have to update the BIOS so I'll try the recommended troubleshooting in the manual see what I find out. Thank you for your input.