Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Stereo Unit not working properly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stereo Unit not working properly

Today for the first time I started having problems with my stereo no music will play and as I try to adjust volume you can hear different speakers giving off a medium volume low pitch frequency noise. Each speaker will separately make noise. Any ideas? Should I just replace the unit itself?

Old 03-22-2017, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Could be wrong but sounds like an amp failure.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:50 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrblack212
Today for the first time I started having problems with my stereo no music will play and as I try to adjust volume you can hear different speakers giving off a medium volume low pitch frequency noise. Each speaker will separately make noise. Any ideas? Should I just replace the unit itself?
Is it a bose or non-bose system?

If it's non-bose, definitely time for a new unit. If it's a bose system, it could be the amp or headunit.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a boss system..so should I replace the unit itself?

Old 03-22-2017, 09:50 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Bose, it could be either the radio or amp. You can replace the headunit. If the headunit wasn't the problem, you can bypass the amp and run the speakers off the headunit until you get a new amp.

Or you can replace the amp, if it wasn't the amp, you'll need to replace the headunit before you get audio.

Or you can find somebody who knows enough about car audio to diagnose it and find out which of the two is bad, and then replace the bad part.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.