Diy: Sticky For Window Motor Repairs/door Panel Removal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i try to clean my driver side window motor ended up messing it up. Because it wouldn't close again. tip for everyone cleaning their window motors take it out slowly lol. anyways drove 2 hours with my window down and got two window motors from an 06 g35 for 70 bucks. the bad part it raining.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:31 PM
I did this last weekend and it was perfect! I did have and issue with removing the last 2 bolts that took me about 15-20 minutes to remove but besides that this did the job. Cleaned it out and reinstalled and BAM! Worked like new. Saved myself at least $400 my mechanic quoted me. Took me about 2 hours to do. Thanks to whoever put this together.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:00 PM
I cleaned out my motor and also replaced the carbon brushes about 6 months ago and everything worked perfectly until a couple of days ago... Window rolling up and down very slowly, sometimes getting stuck. The only way to get it move when it sticks is by hitting the side of the door while using the switch.

Is it worth it to take apart and try cleaning again, or was that just a temp fix?

Old 08-07-2014, 07:18 AM
I have a 05 g35 sedan,
My rear left window motor does not move.
I took it apart and inside it looks fine.
I can hear a little click when pushing button,

So im guessing motor is fine, and power is coming at least to the switch. (guessing thats what clicking)
after inspecting it and testing that the gear rotates , I connected it again, but nothing.
Banging and slamming while pushing button did nothing.

Would you suspect the motor is dead even if all looks good inside.
Other windows work fine, so I'm guessing its not fuse.

It was not working for maybe 2 weeks this summer (stuck full up), but since then it worked fine. Now nothing, stuck all the way down.
And another thing, it stopped working after I came out one morning, and it was fully open, I definatelly did not leave it like that when I got home,
So at some point during the night it opened by itself, and got stuck (???)

ideas welcome

thanks

Old 08-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I tried cleaning this today but I am trying to put the metal magnet back but it won't close all the way. I am about 1mm short. Has anyone delt with this problem? Please help!! :/

Old 08-21-2014, 07:33 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
theres a tiny little bead like thing on the bottom of the barrel. if it gets moved u will have the issue ur talking about. flash a light in the housing u should see wat im talking about

Old 08-21-2014, 07:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
theres a tiny little bead like thing on the bottom of the barrel. if it gets moved u will have the issue ur talking about. flash a light in the housing u should see wat im talking about
Thank you for your response. If I locate this bead what would be the next step to adjust it?

Old 09-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by paradigm79
I saw a few people asking about where the reset button is if they've already put the door panel back on and I didn't see any pics of it so here goes. The actual reset instructions are back in the thread.

First one shows the correct sticker to remove to access it (red circle).

Second one shows the actual button with the door panel removed (blue circle).
Does the reset button suppose to look like this? This is whats under the little black nipple that you have showing in your pic.

My window is stuck opened all the way and cant get anything to happen.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Used this today. Windows is now back moving again. Thanks OP

Old 03-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Threads like this are the reason I am keeping my G35 forever. Thanks so much, was able to fix this under 1hr using a Cardone motor purchased off of Amazon. Driver's side window works perfectly now.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eliowibd
Threads like this are the reason I am keeping my G35 forever. Thanks so much, was able to fix this under 1hr using a Cardone motor purchased off of Amazon. Driver's side window works perfectly now.
Same here. I think I purchased the exact same window motor except for the passenger side. Mine is a little jerky going down but it functions none the less.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:43 PM
Thanks to this DIY, I was able to repair my "bad motor", which turned out to be just a stuck brush. Should've looked into it before. Anyway, glad to be a member

Old 07-04-2015, 11:55 AM
Fixed!

Hey there. I had a similar problem. My window would roll up, but its was jumpy when rolling down, or it would not roll down at all.
I cleaned up the motor, and put it back together. Seemed to be good, within one day the problem returned.
I took it apart a couple of days later, did another clean on the motor, then noticed the lubricant for the front trackbwas sticky. Used some brake cleaner to clean off the old lube, put some fresh grease and bobs your uncle! Works great going up and down now.
Thought I would share incase someone else can benefit. Also making sure cleaning where the armature seats into is cleaned is key as well. Good luck and thanks for the diy!!!

Old 07-23-2015, 02:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can someone tell me where i can buy the carbon brush?

Old 07-23-2015, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by j_mullet
Hey there. I had a similar problem. My window would roll up, but its was jumpy when rolling down, or it would not roll down at all.
I cleaned up the motor, and put it back together. Seemed to be good, within one day the problem returned.
I took it apart a couple of days later, did another clean on the motor, then noticed the lubricant for the front trackbwas sticky. Used some brake cleaner to clean off the old lube, put some fresh grease and bobs your uncle! Works great going up and down now.
Thought I would share incase someone else can benefit. Also making sure cleaning where the armature seats into is cleaned is key as well. Good luck and thanks for the diy!!!
Update:
So shortly after this attempt it failed again. Took it apart again and the armature was gooped up again and so were the brushes. I decided to break it down further and see what's going on in the gear box.
Turns out there is this black tar type stuff I assume is used as a sealant. When I cleaned off the armature and brushes with some parts cleaner, I guess it leaked down and started to break down the black tar stuff, which in turn got on all the moving parts in the gear box. I cleaned as much of the black gunk off as I could, and swapped the drivers and passenger armatures. Since doing this, no problems with either window. The problem window now opens and closes faster than the one without issue. This fix cost me zero dollars, just a lot of time. If I would have broken it fully down the first time, would have been much quicker fix. Good luck to all, hope this helps!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Diy: Sticky For Window Motor Repairs/door Panel Removal